Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox vs AT PRO game of odds part 2

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox vs AT PRO game of odds part 2
November 22, 2019 08:35PM
Which detector gives you the best odds?https://youtu.be/AdXGElzu2j8
Re: Equinox vs AT PRO game of odds part 2
November 22, 2019 11:33PM
love this video CB -

makes me grin up large telling the Brand Loyalists how it is and I could not agree with you more thumbs down

another reason why I am a avid follower of both you & tnss

thank you for everything you put together = INVALUABLE smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 23, 2019 12:58AM
Wow! Another revelation. We are so fortunate! HH jim tn
November 23, 2019 01:48AM
The Hoover Boys sure make a ton of good finds with the AT Series detectors. What are they doing wrong.confused smiley
November 23, 2019 01:59AM
Yeah I here that argument all the time.... Remember they WORK for Garrett.....Buy yourself a AT MAX BECAUSE the hoover boys use one and let me know how that works out for yah!
November 23, 2019 02:02AM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! Another revelation. We are so fortunate! HH j

> im tn

You are one of those elite old timers on this forum who knows it all. REMEMBER there are people who are just staring looking at this forum too and need some help sometimes. BTW what garrett you swinging??
November 23, 2019 02:04AM
Hey Cal------I got a lowly F-19-----Is it ok with you if I have that detector??-----Thanks in advance!
November 23, 2019 02:21AM
Swing what you like but all the NOX haters on here are late to the party. Send me the f19 I will put it up against the NOX....smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 02:22AM by calabash digger.
November 23, 2019 03:00AM
Cal, I am so glad you think it is your civic duty to continue to compare the lowly A T Pro to the Nox on several forums every couple of months for those people that just might need some help.

Quite frankly, it only stands to reason that the Equinox will out perform the A T Pro and I am one of those elite old timers on this forum that knows this. I also know the Nox costs nearly twice as much as the A T and the Nox should out perform it. Maybe, Cal, cost of each detector is a factor for some, regardless of performance.

I do have a Garrett A T Pro that I enjoy swinging along with a few other brands. For coin shooting, it has great tones.

Anyway, looking forward, probably after the new year sometime, to your next A T Pro and Equinox comparison and we can do this all over again. On second thought, you may want to do your next comparison a little before Christmas so someone doesn't put the wrong detector on their Christmas list. HH jim tn
November 23, 2019 05:26AM
Bill long Wrote:
> The Hoover Boys sure make a ton of good finds with
> the AT Series detectors. What are they doing wrong
> .confused smiley

I am willing to bet the Hoover boys bait their fields.
The percentages of their gold coin finds is astronomical.
November 23, 2019 07:08AM
"the lowly AT Pro"

I couldn't have said it better myself however I enjoyed mine when I had it
many years ago .......

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 23, 2019 10:08AM
u2robert Wrote:
> Bill long Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Hoover Boys sure make a ton of good finds wi
> th
> > the AT Series detectors. What are they doing wro
> ng
> > .confused smiley
>
> I am willing to bet the Hoover boys bait their fie
> lds.
> The percentages of their gold coin finds is astron
> omical.

Its funny that none of the ole timer elites I mentioned have figured that out yet...…. Like I said they work for garrett….
November 23, 2019 11:37AM
Now that was kind of fun. No name calling, "ole timer elites," just an expression, not being derogatory, I am sure.

I personally don't watch the Hoover boys, or any others of their ilk, but I, too, would expect some finds are seeded beforehand. Just like in many of the video's that are out there.

Anyway, Cal, and everyone, have a great and safe Thanksgiving. HH jim tn
November 23, 2019 12:43PM
I have used both machines and found the Nox to be the better of the two. Performance for the dollar is still in the At pros favor. I have a friend that bought the AT Max and Nox and sold both of them and kept her AT Pro.

When it comes to youtube videos I watch Bill Ladd hunt cellar holes with all kinds of machines and he seems to keep using an AT Gold afterwards. I know he isn't a Garrett boy, at least he doesn't act like one.

Bottom line is people will use what they like or feel comfortable with or maybe just what they can afford.
November 23, 2019 12:47PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Yeah I here that argument all the time.... Remembe
> r they WORK for Garrett.....Buy yourself a AT MAX
> BECAUSE the hoover boys use one and let me know ho
> w that works out for yah!

Gotcha Cal! I was just joking with you. Good videos
November 23, 2019 01:25PM
The Hoover Boys also hunt their a.....'s off. They do the work. From morning until dark in most videos. Buckets full of trash. Walking in thick mud. Walking large distances to get it on video. Half of us would puke from the labor alone. They door knock. They ask and get get permissions from outstanding properties.

Many times I have seen a different brand detector being used in their videos. The one young man has been using an Equinox quite often when he is along on their hunts. Brad at on time used an F75 for all his hunting. Never have I heard the main camera man or in fact any of them criticize a person on the brand they swing.

With their style of hunting and places they hunt I don't really think they care if they get it all. The fields will be turned again. And the amount of acerage involved means that nobody no matter the detector will get it all. That is just the facts. Maybe you field hunters or large beach hunters can relate to enormous search areas. Time and energy are the factors worried about. Far different from many other types of hunting.

I have been watching their videos for a few years now. I have only ever seen two gold coins dug. Both by Brad. One in pieces. So I highly doubt the seeding. Why seed smooth large cents?

But hey...They feel they don't need to come on the forums to defend themselves. Their videos in my opinion speak for themselves. Watch them. Hate them. Call them BS. I don't think they care. So I don't feel the need to defend them.

Garrett people? Being that their pictures were on the detector box......I would have to say DUH!

What they are in my opinion is a tight group of hunters who love to hunt.

And the off season detector bashing has officially started.
November 23, 2019 02:55PM
Calabash...…...the impeachment procedure has begun...…...you will soon be exiled back to Russia! Lol
November 23, 2019 03:29PM
It's all in good fun (at least as far as I'm concerned).-----I quote the (kinda, sorta like) words of our dear Pastor Tom----"can't we all just get along"?------The answer to that is of course---no, of course not!!!grinning smiley------Gotta finish my first cup of morning coffee now----next up!winking smiley
November 23, 2019 06:55PM
Calabash, why don't you send me that at pro so you can get a good night's sleep.That thing is just making your life hell, almost like a bad luck token. Lol
November 23, 2019 10:23PM
Why are most all your comparison videos and commentaries focused on the Garrett machines vs the Nox or seemingly forgotten Deus. Why in the world do you have such a case of the a$$ against Garrett and the AT Pro. Why don’t you go back and put some more of the fisher, other minelabs, nautilus, whites, nokta, tesoro, vista, , etc. in the mix. It’s always for the most part the at pro. Mix it up. I enjoy your videos. I’ guess I’m what you’d call an old timer” but I still really appreciate your videos. For what it’s worth I have found through the years, because of the ground, ones mental state, environment and so many other unknown factors you should never underestimate under any circumstance other detectors or the fellow who uses a detector you think is inferior. You might be the one getting spanked instead of the one doing the spanking, if that’s what’s you’re looking do, test garden or no test garden. That’s not criticizing it’s just a fact. By the way I’m not an at pro user. Never held one much less used one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 10:37PM by Bill long.
November 23, 2019 10:51PM
Yea calabash, you really got these old timers mad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 01:14AM by Woodbutcher.
November 24, 2019 02:16AM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> Yea calabash, you really got these old timers mad

Aw, we're not mad---we're just gettin entertained.smiling smiley-----I've said it before & I'll say it again----I do think Callabash makes some good points & I watch some of his vids.------In the end & as an end result though---I make my own decision(s) about detectors, coils etc. through my own testings & actual field performances (as anyone should & I'm sure most here do).------I'm always open for an "edge" though, bring it on!------That's one of the things that is so neat about this great hobby----there is ALWAYS something more to be learned.thumbs down-----------Del
OBN
November 24, 2019 02:27AM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> Calabash, why don't you send me that at pro so you
> can get a good night's sleep.That thing is just ma
> king your life hell, almost like a bad luck token.
> Lol

That's funny...

I think a great video would be to invite the Hoover Boys down for a hunt, or even Aquachigger. We need more then that old test garden... eye popping smiley

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
November 24, 2019 12:06PM
Yeah just what I want to do hang out with the Garrett shills...
November 24, 2019 12:38PM
From a want to be Minelab Shill. Good luck on that.
November 24, 2019 01:59PM
Yeah right.... I would never test for minelab because you have to sign ND agreement ….As a matter of fact I am not gonna test for any company.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 02:01PM by calabash digger.
November 24, 2019 02:28PM
Testing does require an NDA but being a company shill does not. By the very definition, a shill is "an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.". So the shills come in after the testing process is over. They are to generate excitement and buzz; aka talk about how great this company is vs the others, and the same about said company's products. The key to it, is acting like they aren't being paid/compensated to say what they are...they try to disguise themselves as just another customer. This forum has a few, as do most others. Any time a company offers freebies for testing and promoting, you can guarantee some people just can't help themselves and will be all over it.

As for the Garrett, I have had all 3 of the AT series models. They do find stuff, but as with ANYTHING, there are situations and scenarios you can recreate that will show the weaker areas of machines. At the time the AT Pro was launched, you couldn't find a waterproof machine for that price point. It set 2 new standards.....1. Companies were going to have to get into the waterproof detector arena. 2. Companies were going to have to start dropping their prices in order to compete. Around here, there are plenty of freshwater beaches in which all there is to find there, are recent or seasonal dropped stuff. You don't need a deep or fast recovery machine to find that. In fact, I started noticing a year or two ago, that the finds had started to get a little sparse at some of my favorite beaches. In years past, everyone had to wait til the water started dropping to winter levels in order to hunt the swim areas that were normally under water. With underwater machines, you could hunt while the water was still up and beat everyone else to the punch. I figured someone else was water hunting it and or people just weren't losing stuff any more. I was right on the first one...I finally ran into the guy and guess what he was swinging. Yep, an AT Pro. He don't leave much behind after he is there either. I hit one area a while back and didn't have a single signal in the water.

There is another local hunter that has a YouTube channel. He is Birddog on YouTube...does the "Day in the Life" series of videos. He actually just lives about 30 miles from me and all he does is Civil War relic hunt. He water hunts 90% of the time. He found a half dozen or so Confederate buttons this year and around 10 artillery shells, plus a couple guns and other odds and ends. AT Pro is what he uses. He hates it because it breaks down on him a lot through the season but he doesn't like any other machine for what he does. He has tried them all. Minelab actually sent him the Equinox to try out and I think he was going to do a few videos on it but don't know if he ever did. He hated the Equinox due to the compressed audio gate. He likes machines that give him size proportion of an object...creeks and rivers are full of trash and when he is water hunting, he is mostly looking for shells, guns, plates, etc. The Equinox does not do that for him so he sent it back.
November 24, 2019 04:03PM
interesting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 04:04PM by calabash digger.
November 25, 2019 07:11PM
These tests are geographically flawed, and somone watching them cannot expect the same results..Now, not to argue which machine is best, cause that's a personal preference and can only be judged by the purchaser. I have a test bed that's probably 12 years old now, with a 6, 8 and 10 inch mercury dime..The at pro and the equinox 800 will both hit the 6 and 8 inch merc great, neither will squeak on the 10 inch merc.. So, in my western Pennsylvania soil going by a older test garden one machine is no better than the other in depth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2019 07:11PM by Woodbutcher.
November 25, 2019 08:51PM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> These tests are geographically flawed, and somone
> watching them cannot expect the same results..Now,
> not to argue which machine is best, cause that's a
> personal preference and can only be judged by the
> purchaser. I have a test bed that's probably 12 ye
> ars old now, with a 6, 8 and 10 inch mercury dime.
> .The at pro and the equinox 800 will both hit the
> 6 and 8 inch merc great, neither will squeak on th
> e 10 inch merc.. So, in my western Pennsylvania so
> il going by a older test garden one machine is no
> better than the other in depth.

There ya go. Very well said. thumbs down