Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How popular is the XP ORX?

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How popular is the XP ORX?
November 25, 2019 02:30PM
A few friends of mine (myself also) have went from the Equinox 800 to the ORX.------I don't note many ORX's (or E-800's for that matter) at our large attendance monthly competition hunts though.------I think it (ORX) is a great little detector---would like to hear what others thoughts are on it?---------Del
Re: How popular is the XP ORX?
November 25, 2019 03:55PM
IMO if you have a Deus you don't need the ORX unless you want a simpler machine. The ORX is a great detector but I don't see ever owning one myself since I already have the Deus. Used a friends ORX and thought it was a good detector but I miss the adjust-ability of the Deus.
November 25, 2019 04:44PM
The ORX may well be a decent machine,but as i own 2 full Deus setups,one was a main everyday machine and the 2nd one as a backup.But as my everyday machine that i shoot from the hip is a Equinox both the Deus detector are taking a rest at the moment and possibly only come out to play occasionally ongoing !!

Cannot see anyone who has a Deus buying a ORX,unless money is the key factor and limits the ability to buy a Deus then the ORC will fit the bill.
November 25, 2019 08:32PM
I have the Equinox and Orx. I seem to be moving more to the Orx. I see them as close to equal with advantages to the Orx.
November 25, 2019 09:38PM
So far it doesn't look to be all that popular, although it may be a very capable detector. confused smiley
November 25, 2019 11:50PM
It lacks a iron volume... The ORX is just a 3 TONE Deus. Set your Deus in three tone and you have a ORX.... Good performing detector but the Nox is the better buy. IMO
November 27, 2019 02:25PM
I have a Nox 600 and a ORX. I love the 50 tones on the Nox. But I think the ORX is deeper in my ground and is better balanced and has better target ID info.
November 28, 2019 02:02AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a Nox 600 and a ORX. I love the 50 tones on
> the Nox. But I think the ORX is deeper in my groun
> d and is better balanced and has better target ID
> info.

Morgan-------Check your p.m.'s.----------Del
November 28, 2019 08:43AM
I don't know anyone in my area that's using an Orx.
November 28, 2019 02:48PM
If you get one you won't want to put it down.
November 28, 2019 04:38PM
Before I bought my ORX with the 9 inch HF coil ...... I was worried about poor Target ID ( very little information ..... all plowed field hunting) I only hunt for Coin & jewelry at the Active sports fields & Tot lots , mainly digging Low conductors .... To my surprise, The Target ID is pretty darn good....62 is a nickel ... 64 a Modern pull tab.

The ergonomics are a 10++++ I never want to put it down. ..... ..The ORX is a sound / tone by ear detector...... after you dig your first 50 coins with it ....you will know that coin size sound.... the wireless back phones are comfortable with no ear fatigue.

I dug a solid 62 at a sandy tot lot and got a 9 inch Nickel, cant complain about depth......Only negative.... it loves steel bottle caps, small pieces chain link fence, small iron ......all deep .....

Maybe there’s a trick on How to ID them ...Need more time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2019 02:59PM by Rob in (ca).
December 01, 2019 03:42PM
I can only speak from a UK?continental European perspective, but the ORX and the DEUS Lite have become extremely popular, and seem to be extremely effective. Many people (Myself included), start with a DEUS Lite (Or ORX Lite), and then upgrade to the full set (once money is availabe), by the simple act of purchasing the control box. The Lite is just as effective as the full set up, but you need the control box to do upgrades (Plus it's easier to see the graphs etc)
December 01, 2019 07:36PM
Nobody that I know personally, has one. I know several that when they did detect, they used the Deus. I think the thought process on their part was, "why would I buy an Orx when I already have a Deus".

I revisited the Deus platform back late last year and into the spring with the HF coil and the X35 coil. I was just curious to the newer versions and the new HF coils to see what it could do in some of my iron infested sites. I didn't see any magic happen with it, vs my other detectors that I had already hunted said sites with. Loved swinging them though for the weight.
December 02, 2019 04:21PM
if your used to the feather weightness of the xp machines you may not be able to handle slightly bulkier machines like the nox and simplex .i have found this to be the case

the dues seems to be still popular compared with the orx in the uk
December 04, 2019 01:17PM
according to my mate who does lots of rallies and club digs the deus is still the most popular with just 1 or 2 orx machines around ,,he says not many seen
December 04, 2019 03:23PM
How do you rate the ORX as opposed to the Deus lite? The last Deus I had was the lite version 5.2 and it seemed very customizable compared to other beep and digs. When I had the Deus full I found that it didn't ID very deep so it was basically a beep and dig as well, I had the remote in my pocket most of the time. My question is does the ORX ID targets at depth better than the Deus does?