Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Will 5G hurt/KILL our hobby?

Posted by MrDirtyHands 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Will 5G hurt/KILL our hobby?
November 25, 2019 09:51PM
Hey guys. I'm NO electronics or EMI expert by ANY means but...

I've seen & heard some pretty scary stuff about 5G which will soon explode in use across the country/world. I've even heard "they" will put the transmitters on top of telephone poles ALL OVER the place!

Now again, this just may be "stinkin thinkin" but if EMI is an issue NOW, what will the more powerful signal do to our hobby? (And health & the animals etc...)

Any thoughts?
Re: Will 5G hurt/KILL our hobby?
November 25, 2019 11:52PM
That all depends how that energy interacts with our operating freqs. Just another advantage of having switchable/selectable/adjustable/shiftable freq machines...and of course smaller coils may become more the norm if it is really something which cannot be avoided by the operator. EMI is and always has been my biggest obstacle by FAR.
December 01, 2019 11:58AM
I am worried that the EMI transmissions will cause interferrence on the signals we get between coil and detector, causing erronious signals.
December 03, 2019 05:08PM
I think if it becomes a big problem the first manufacture to incorporate a 5G elimination feature will win.....

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
December 06, 2019 02:58PM
No..Not really. The new First Net (1st responders net work) ATT is building w/many of the 5G builds COULD have some wonky stuff we encounter depending on how it's used. They're supposedly wanting to do things ultimately like deploy drones & such to accidents in some areas.

There are 5G sites launched all over the country right now. Many have been for a while. It's somewhat of a fast and loose term, but 2 of the big carriers are using frequency bands comparable to what they've already deployed..But in general, one could say more RF TX/RX through the air can potentially cause more issues.
December 07, 2019 03:51AM
5G is ~600MHz frequency.

I imagine it wont be a lot different than 4G LTE 700MHz or the many other similar OTA tv stations have done.

Not much.

I think the biggest emi culprit is electrical power transmission.
December 09, 2019 12:27PM
When 5G can guarantee site permission I'll get concerned
December 09, 2019 06:14PM
Arkieologist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When 5G can guarantee site permission I'll get con
> cerned

what?

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]