Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vanquish in shops.

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vanquish in shops.
November 30, 2019 09:38AM
Re: Vanquish in shops.
November 30, 2019 02:39PM
That’s why A bunch of Utube Videos came out yesterday , some even with the 8 inch coil
December 01, 2019 03:38AM
Thats a great looking machine
December 01, 2019 05:43AM
Sure hasn't got the "classy" look of the Equinox-----Performance remains to be seen!
December 01, 2019 10:18AM
I like the color. Red is my goto for just about everything. That's all I can say though. I haven't been wowed by a video of it yet. I do like the locking system on the shaft vs the Equinox, and of course the coil options.

I think Minelab went backwards of the timing of the releases. Maybe should have released the Vanquish series first a year or so ago...got people hooked on the Multi IQ tech...then dropped the Equinox series with the different modes, waterproofing,and more setting adjustments. I don't see many people with an Equinox jumping on board the Vanquish train. Also...this same thing happened with the Equinox roll out. Dealers had waiting lists of customers and Minelab was bypassing them and shipping machines to big box sporting goods retailers instead (Cabelas). I know the demand isn't as high for the Vanquish but they did the same thing by going to big box sporting goods stores instead of dealers. That's where "Iffy Signal's" got his from so quick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 10:23AM by Daniel Tn.
December 02, 2019 04:07AM
Looks good. What does Vanquish mean anyway?? Thanks
December 02, 2019 05:14AM
To defeat the enemy, so its look like watch out for the detector industry.
December 03, 2019 02:57AM
So let me get this right.
Minelab is releasing the Vanquish to major box outlets.
Instead of releasing it to their customers that put in pre-orders
at their detector retailers that make-up 90% of their sales.
Real nice Minelab.
This Is Total BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 04:12AM by u2robert.
December 03, 2019 09:42AM
Shelf space in large stores is a tremendous fight. The goal is to never give it up. Keep the stores happy or be replaced.
December 03, 2019 11:18AM
It might be a simple as whoever makes the biggest order gets first dibs.
December 03, 2019 02:13PM
Minelab has never had a real place in the big box stores.The go find was supposed to do that, but it sort of flopped in the mass market outlets. I am not at all surprised that they have in fact aimed the Vanquish squarely at the Cabelas, Dicks, Amazon sellers, etc.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 03, 2019 02:23PM
u2robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So let me get this right.
> Minelab is releasing the Vanquish to major box out
> lets.
> Instead of releasing it to their customers that pu
> t in pre-orders
> at their detector retailers that make-up 90% of th
> eir sales.
> Real nice Minelab.
> This Is Total BS.

Some people stick with their dealers and then some want the latest and greatest right then. It isn't right for them to get them first but who can stop them correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 02:26PM by RiverTeamSixDetectors.
December 03, 2019 04:27PM
u2robert Wrote:
> So let me get this right.
> Minelab is releasing the Vanquish to major box out
> lets.
> Instead of releasing it to their customers that pu
> t in pre-orders
> at their detector retailers that make-up 90% of th
> eir sales.
> Real nice Minelab.
> This Is Total BS.

Same thing they did with the Equinox.
December 03, 2019 05:06PM
Whites has been doing this for years. They told us small dealers we couldn't advertise on the internet but let K-Co do it. This allowed K-Co to sell direct to my neighbor cutting me out of sales. They also received the first shipments as well. This is one of the main reasons Whites went down.
As far as the Vanquish goes it's kind of scary putting that economical powerhouse in the hands of the masses. 1000's of first timers running high disc will cherry pick a lot of targets other $800 and under machines have missed. Just think of the wet salt beaches - all you really need is the 340 and hunt wet salt beaches successfully. I love how we all are getting more for less but there may be a price to pay. Hopefully I'm wrong......

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
December 03, 2019 05:09PM
Closest Minelab dealer to me is a 5 plus hour drive. I usually never pre-order machine, just wait until I can find one. I think for the most part there's a lot of people that don't have dealers in there area and from my experience most don't stock a whole lot to begin with. Almost every detector I've ever ordered from a dealer has been drop shipped from a distributor with the exception of KellyCo which is an absolute last resort for me. IMO the Vanquish is aimed at the new user and it makes perfect sense for them to be in big box stores.

Heck most of the comments made on forums (me included) said they weren't interested in the Vanquish because they already had an Equinox. So why wouldn't Minelab throw it out to the general public in a big box store.

BTW I ordered one from Dick's and it will be here Friday, they had them in stock in Ohio so I decided what the heck I'll try one out. I'm a little worried about it performance wise in my soil because of the iron bias, ground balance and recovery settings not being adjustable, but we'll see. Maybe one of the preset modes will operate good enough.
December 03, 2019 05:40PM
Abenson Wrote:
> Closest Minelab dealer to me is a 5 plus hour driv
> e. I usually never pre-order machine, just wait un
> til I can find one. I think for the most part ther
> e's a lot of people that don't have dealers in the
> re area and from my experience most don't stock a
> whole lot to begin with. Almost every detector I'v
> e ever ordered from a dealer has been drop shipped
> from a distributor with the exception of KellyCo w
> hich is an absolute last resort for me. IMO the Va
> nquish is aimed at the new user and it makes perfe
> ct sense for them to be in big box stores.
>
> Heck most of the comments made on forums (me inclu
> ded) said they weren't interested in the Vanquish
> because they already had an Equinox. So why wouldn
> 't Minelab throw it out to the general public in a
> big box store.
>
> BTW I ordered one from Dick's and it will be here
> Friday, they had them in stock in Ohio so I decide
> d what the heck I'll try one out. I'm a little wor
> ried about it performance wise in my soil because
> of the iron bias, ground balance and recovery sett
> ings not being adjustable, but we'll see. Maybe on
> e of the preset modes will operate good enough.

Be interesting to see your report.

El
December 03, 2019 10:41PM
Video of the Vanquish on the wet sand, i can see the beaches becoming a battleground lol

[youtu.be]
December 04, 2019 11:00PM
More:

[youtu.be]
December 05, 2019 03:16AM
They probably went big box because dealer demand is extremely low IMO.
December 07, 2019 12:31PM
After watching a few videos on this detector it looks like a great detector for the price. Waterproof would have been nice. But still......in my opinion it sure does look like it could be a true value in that price range that other companies will have to compete with. Multi frequency done cheaply.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 06:49PM by goodmore.
December 07, 2019 12:54PM
goodmore……… correct assessment.
December 07, 2019 06:26PM
Got mine yesterday. I'm going to use it a week or so before I post any kind of a review or videos. I don't want to jump to any conclusions.
December 08, 2019 10:27PM
Garrett had to build a second factory wing, because the Ace Series was in such high demand .......I suspect Minelab will be adding a second wing also.
December 10, 2019 11:19AM
No need to build any extensions - they use Asian production lines

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 10, 2019 01:22PM
When it comes to electronics the hard truth is it would be very hard to find components not manufactured in Asia. The assembly of the finished product might happen in the US, but made in America is just not much of a reality anymore. The hard truth is that Made in America is an antiquated advertising gimmick. Consumers want cheap. Labor costs....relaxed environmental laws.... yes, manufacturing circuit boards is very hard on the environment. From the mining of the minerals to dealing with production waste. These things have made those jobs nearly extinct in the US. Buy cheap. Use it until it breaks. Get a new one. By then most of us are ready to move on to the next greatest model anyways. Warranty? Except for coil ears I haven't ever used a warranty on a detector.
December 10, 2019 02:49PM
Says it waterproof to 3 ft
December 10, 2019 03:22PM
mascard1 Wrote:
> Says it waterproof to 3 ft

It says the coil is waterproof to 3'...
December 12, 2019 11:17PM
Looks like more and more people have it