Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

lawsuit against F fenn over false clues

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
lawsuit against F fenn over false clues
December 06, 2019 02:57PM
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

The federal lawsuit filed on Monday in the U.S. District Court of New Mexico accuses Forrest Fenn, 88, of providing 'misleading clues' to the location of a treasure chest worth some $3 million.

At least four people have died while seeking the promised treasure chest, which Fenn offered tantalizing clues to in a poem and map he published in 2010.

Reached by phone on Thursday, Fenn told DailyMail.com that he had not yet received a copy of the lawsuit. 'I don't want to comment except to say the treasure is still hidden where I hid it ten years ago,' Fenn said.

Fenn declined to elaborate on what kind of treasure is inside the hidden chest or speculate on its value, but he has previously said that it contains 22 pounds of gold, jewels and other precious items.
Re: lawsuit against F fenn over false clues
December 06, 2019 07:48PM
So, if you (any member here) were to find this treasure chest would you tell any body that you found it? Lots of baggage comes with this find... publicity, taxes, etc.
Personally, I think I would stay quiet. Makes me wonder if it's already been found and the finder has been mute?

Dean
December 06, 2019 08:25PM
Most people are egotists and would tell the world so they could have 5 minutes of fame, without ever considering the years of misery to follow.

Personally, if I found it, nobody would know. Maybe I have found it. Maybe its still waiting.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
December 06, 2019 09:28PM
A book, a miniseries, and a blockbuster film about the hunt & recovery are all worth far more than the treasure itself. If not any of those, then I expect the Andy Warhol 15 minutes would be overwhelmingly tempting. Pay yer taxes and bask in the limelight.
December 06, 2019 10:38PM
bado1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, if you (any member here) were to find this tre
> asure chest would you tell any body that you found
> it? Lots of baggage comes with this find... public
> ity, taxes, etc.
> Personally, I think I would stay quiet. Makes me w
> onder if it's already been found and the finder ha
> s been mute?
>
>
> Dean

Personally I wouldn't say a word, don't need Uncle Sam fingering in my back pocket any more than he already is.

That said, Fenn has gone on record stating that he does check the location periodically, and that the treasure chest has not been retrieved yet. He's also said that it's not in a difficult place to find, nor is it located in a place that would pose danger in locating and retrieving it. He's also stated that people have been within 100 feet of it's location on a multitude of occasions. This is all his own words, so who knows how much validity there is to his statements.

Personally I think the entire story is a crock, no treasure exists, he simply uses it as a tool to sell his book, but I could be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 10:40PM by Cal_cobra.
December 07, 2019 01:10AM
"whaaaaanh- daddy, I cant find it. make him tell me where it is"

I hope FF countersues his entitled butt off and wins.
December 07, 2019 07:25AM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> "whaaaaanh- daddy, I cant find it. make him tell me where it is"
>
> I hope FF countersues his entitled butt off and wins.

He may well. I'd be surprised if there's any legal grounds for him to lose, sounds like a favrilious suit.
December 07, 2019 09:51AM
Get word out that the bounty was found. Follow FF when he leaves the house and checks on the treasure, simple as that.....ya may have to put some time in, butt hey....
December 07, 2019 10:24AM
If a person in his eighties can get to it how dangerous can it be? In fact him checking on it sounds like BS. Unless it close to a road.
December 07, 2019 10:51AM
I thought Fenn had passed away a while back.
December 07, 2019 01:40PM
It’s all about the hunt........ Ya right. It’s like the Lottery .... can’t win if ya don’t play. I’d think those geo hunters would jump on this one. I say..... group hunt .... grab a detector Gary D. let’s do a show.
December 07, 2019 03:20PM
And thus, another legend is formed. 200 yrs. from now, people will be musing/debating over : "Curious triangle shapes". Or the "turtle shaped rock", or the "suspicious depression in the ground", and the "corroborating historical clippings/links of the time", etc.... And ... treasure fever takes over , and .... you can never put it to rest. A treasure will always be most-certainly-there. Just : A little more to the right, a little more to the left. A little deeper, etc.....
December 07, 2019 06:26PM
If they win this, maybe we can sue John Sutter's estate over screwing up California?

Just a thought.

Well, a passing thought.

Okay, I've not finished my first cup of coffee and I was out really late last night.

Past(his prime)Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 08, 2019 03:10PM
Geotech Wrote:
> A book, a miniseries, and a blockbuster film about
> the hunt & recovery are all worth far more than th
> e treasure itself. If not any of those, then I exp
> ect the Andy Warhol 15 minutes would be overwhelmi
> ngly tempting. Pay yer taxes and bask in the limel
> ight.

Good thought. I'm just not a "basking" kinda guy. That said, it would be stupid not to capitalize on the recovery as much as possible.

Dean
December 08, 2019 03:30PM
On a side note Tom.....General John Sutter is buried in my home town here in PA. He would come here for the healing power of the natural spring. I guess it didn't work. He demanded a wall around his grave so many feet high. I guess he wanted to be left alone. But the good old town folk sank the wall. So much for privacy or final wishes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2019 03:37PM by goodmore.
December 09, 2019 02:51PM
i would expect bear grylls to have a go at this hoard and make numerous series lasting months .if anyone can find it bear grysil can... i must drop him a line