Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Impulse AQ testing

Posted by cdv 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Fisher Impulse AQ testing
December 22, 2019 12:56AM
All of this is really exciting news. Looking forward to the future!
May 25, 2020 08:14PM
Poof, just like magic it has disappeared? Or is it still being worked on?
May 25, 2020 09:44PM
There's a good bit of info with a picture of the AQ on Steve's DetectorProspector forum. Might be getting close. HH jim tn
May 25, 2020 10:32PM
Can’t be close.... Rick promised Tom one.. so I’m kind of hoping that happens before it hits the street. Kind of my gauge that she’s about here.
May 25, 2020 10:51PM
Sounds like someone is testing/using on on the left coast. HH jim tn
May 25, 2020 11:35PM
There are no plans to send any further AQ’s out for testing. Once they are launched, they will be for sale. The one I had is now in the hands of a new owner - a very experienced water hunter.

The launch will be somewhat unconventional and I can not say more now. Hopefully details will be made available soon by Fisher.

The whole saga of this device has been differentt - unique in fact. A design resulting from one man's passion and talent, picked up by a major metal detector manufacturer - and then the "fun" began. Turning a bench built prototype into something that could deliver the same astonishing performance but could be sold for less than the $4 thousand that it would need to cost if built in onesey-twosey fashion like Eric Foster did with his groundbreaking machines.

Fisher is VERY close to their goal, but they won't announce anything until they are 100% sure that they are ready.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 12:12AM by lytle78.
May 26, 2020 10:13AM
Well thats disappointing Rick. Since you werent the only one who kind of promised Tom a machine and apparently cant now. Lets just hope there are enough to go around for those of us who want one. Unconventional .... ya think. In some ways it seems those of us who want one have more faith in this machine than Fisher does. I know a lot have compared it to the Pulse Devil...... which never hit the streets. Dont get me wrong i can see why they may not produce a ton i guess if they cost them $4000 to make and they fell they need to sell them at near half that price or we wouldnt buy them. There is that magic number of supply and demand........ and of course price is the key. We appreciate you having followed this machine for so long Rick and your sharing what bit of info you could. A lot of people complained Fisher never really spoke ...... but we had quite the thread some time back where we got a LOT of good information and was allowed to pose a lot of questions about this machine to Alexandre. I fully believe we will get what we pay for.
May 26, 2020 06:44PM
I looked back through lots of my old posts and can't find where I promised Tom or anybody else that they would get a detector to test. in fact on 6 Jan 20, I specifically stated that I had no influence over who would be chosen to test the AQ or any other FTP product.

I expect to have AQ's in limited numbers and at a low rate to sell. If Tom wants one he knows how to reach me.

Rick Kempf
May 27, 2020 04:11AM
Rick glad to hear its almost ready . Nice to see First Texas have some cutting edge machinery.
May 27, 2020 10:53AM
I agree.... it may be beyond that stage of testing and would be more of a review at this point. Im a little disappointed after a group from Fisher came to him initially and even borrowed his machine, that he would have to contact you Rick if he wanted to buy a machine at this point. But...... heres your post on page 1 of this thread i believe. Re-reading it maybe you didnt say YOU would get him one..... but its obvious that you have been speaking to someone who did. Are you the only person going to be selling these machines? If so, i suggest anyone that wants one had best contact you ASAP.....and that maybe worthy of a Fisher post on their website. Since ive seen a lot of interest on some detecting FB pages and from talking to hunters on the beach about the machine who dont follow the forums.

Tom will be getting one to test - or so I have been told - no details available.

Rick Kempf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 11:33AM by dewcon4414.
May 27, 2020 07:22PM
I wrote "Tom will be getting one to test - or so I have been told - no details available."

And either I misunderstood what I was told or they changed their minds - in any case, at this time, no more test units are being sent out.

Rick Kempf
May 27, 2020 07:30PM
So it’s someone at Fisher who has chosen not to allow Tom to review the machine until he purchases one. That’s disappointing. Also...... Carl M, GEOTECH made this post:... i guess he got over ruled.

"At the present Tom is slated to get an Impulse to test. I don't know when because there are limited units available and I have nothing to do with the scheduling. I hope I can visit when he gets it. I did suggest to Marketing that better communications with potential field testers would not hurt us in any way."

How about the other part of my question? I’m not beating you up here I just want to ensure everyone gets a shot at getting one of these and knows they need to contact you and not wait and assume theIr local Fisher dealers Will have um on release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 11:16PM by dewcon4414.
May 27, 2020 11:49PM
Most bizarre product "launch" or whatever you care to call it I've ever witnessed in my life.
May 27, 2020 11:53PM
Who said it’s being launched?

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
May 28, 2020 02:32AM
Dew, like Rick I was told Tom would get a chance to test it. Then Covid hit and everything went to hell. Even now, the factory is running with a thin crew and has to prioritize what to produce. The last I heard is that Impulse would go with a limited release with no add'l field testing. Not my call, but it is what it is. And I have no idea how they will be sold, or how you can buy one. I'm told very little. If, by some miracle, I end up with something that is close to a production unit (I have some parts, but nothing complete) I will gladly send it to Tom. But I can't make any promises.
May 28, 2020 09:13AM
Thanks very much for your response Carl. This is indeed strange times with all this virus making everything uncertain for parts im sure. Our relationship right now with China is kind of on the edge. It could be some time before we get somewhat back to normal .....if ever. I apologize for pressing hard for this machine...... i dont want this thing to be shelved. I know when you were at Whites you believed doing a disc PI had a lot of potential..... to the point you had said it was going to be a personal project. Im just glad to see someone shared that thought. I think PIs might just be the next best thing looking toward the future. I will say though ..... this close to the end that im not sure silence is a marketing strategy. Like i said ive talked to people i know and some of the hunters on the FB detecting groups who saw and posted the new Fisher FB page. There was interest but they still dont know nor does the dealer when or where they can get one. Hopefully that reveal is coming soon..... with enough machines for a good roll out.
May 28, 2020 01:05PM
Geotech Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dew, like Rick I was told Tom would get a chance t
> o test it. Then Covid hit and everything went to h
> ell. Even now, the factory is running with a thin
> crew and has to prioritize what to produce. The la
> st I heard is that Impulse would go with a limited
> release with no add'l field testing. Not my call,
> but it is what it is. And I have no idea how they
> will be sold, or how you can buy one. I'm told ver
> y little. If, by some miracle, I end up with somet
> hing that is close to a production unit (I have so
> me parts, but nothing complete) I will gladly send
> it to Tom. But I can't make any promises.

This makes a lot of sense. Many other product launches across tons of industries are messed up at this point. Companies aren't sure if they should hold off, if they can meet demand, etc. Crazy times we are in. Fingers crossed they find a cure today and we get back to normal!

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 01:06PM by adamBomb.