Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New detector is coming to market...CYGNUS-1X

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New detector is coming to market...CYGNUS-1X
December 22, 2019 10:10PM
I copied this from tnet...……

Cygnus-1X Metal Detector
It started as a discussion New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List but now the overall design is complete, the requirements list is complete and locked down and some of Tnet's finest have joined AviTech for field testing and other production activities. Our field testers are all hand picked from right here on Tnet as this board after exhaustive research, is rated the best of all. All of our field testers here have in their signatures "AviTech Associate" and while they can be followed around for clues they are all under an air tight NDA and will not be able to answer too many questions until testing is complete and the first production cycle is locked down.

We still have not locked down the first model delivery date but are kind-of looking for March of 2020 depending on what we find in testing and what changes need to be made. Manufacturers of the various elements, shaft, control box, sensor head and the like is pretty much locked down but still open if there is better pricing available. If you or someone you know can make any of these items please post here or PM me to inquire.

Our reasons for doing this are in the thread quoted above but one big point to remember is that Cygnus will be a high quality machine built to be water proof and durable along with a host of other features adopted from posts in the quoted thread, because Cygnus is for you!

There will be some videos coming out and smokeythecat will be our video production artist, expect some videos around the January-February time frame, sooner if testing holds true. many of the tests are already completed by AviTech while producing other related products so it's not like we are starting from scratch.

Everything about Cygnus is MADE IN AMERICA something we are proud to state!

We are not out to just make money, we are about giving back to the community and each of our 9 field testers / engineers / artists feel exactly as I do in this area.

Hope to see all of you with a Cygnus machine in your hands soon and thanks so much for all of the PM's already received offering both the best of luck and other valuable ideas.
Re: New detector is coming to market...CYGNUS-1X
December 22, 2019 10:13PM
Wonder if they are Rush fans.
December 22, 2019 10:17PM
Big Rush fan here.

I guess they couldn't call it Cygnus X1 due to copyright infringement, so they went with 1X.

Cygnus X1 is one of their best songs IMO.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2019 10:29PM by Badger in NH.
December 22, 2019 10:17PM
I wonder how good it is going to be?
December 22, 2019 10:41PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Big Rush fan here.
>

2112...one of the best albums of all time.
December 22, 2019 11:55PM
Unless they have developed their own new secret technology for metal detection, I doubt its going to be any different than every other VLF detector on the market.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
December 23, 2019 12:37AM
I read the whole thread - this docweiser guy appears out of nowhere this summer - claims to be able to invent, produce and market a detector which will do pretty much anything anybody wants. No actual credentials - no design concept - just fluff about having vast expertise and enormous ability to create in a very short time things which serious physicists and engineers struggle for years to bring to market.

For real? Anything is possible - but for me - I doubt it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 23, 2019 12:56AM
If its true gonna make Fisher look bad with their slow manta ….notice this part ….

There will be some videos coming out and smokeythecat will be our video production artist, expect some videos around the January-February time frame, sooner if testing holds true. many of the tests are already completed by AviTech while producing other related products so it's not like we are starting from scratch.

BTW whoever the guy is he bought a section over at TNET …….I dont know what it is but I would love to see it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 01:02AM by calabash digger.
December 23, 2019 12:57AM
I’m with you on that Rick. Probably an older Tesoro design with new decals.
December 23, 2019 01:02AM
I won’t be too quick to judge.
Could result in egg on one’s face.

How do you like your eggs Rick?
December 23, 2019 01:06AM
He likes them slowwwwww cooked fisher style....
December 23, 2019 01:09AM
This sounds destined for failure or pure vaporware.

Hope to be wrong but...
December 23, 2019 01:13AM
I just asked someone I trust over there about it and they say its the real deal.....I am gonna take their word for it.
December 23, 2019 01:30AM
Some folks may have missed this.
[www.treasurenet.com]
December 23, 2019 02:16AM
Actually, it is exactly that thread I read. My opinion (only an opinion - everybody’s got one) is that this guy is delusional or scamming somehow. Hope I’m wrong, we would all love new miracles of multi foot depth, absolute ID of various metals and the other wonders referred to in that thread.

Best of luck to all who sign up for this and if it produces something which the 50 of so actually qualified physicists and engineers who work full time on new metal detection technology haven’t been able to come up with, I promise to buy one. The plus there is, of I read their posts right, we should all be able to buy one in time for the summer detecting season - fast!

I recently posted here some new info on the Fisher Impulse AQ. I have carefully noted who has commented and how. The two folks who have named me as an “egg lover” were noticeably quiet about my posts about the Impulse AQ. Hmmmm.

Almost like it’s personal or something.

Having said all that - I will comment no further on this or any other product which can be seen to be a competitor to the new Fisher Impulse line of PI detectors. I will continue to be happy to share what I know or suppose about the Impulse AQ and the further Impulse line,, but since it is now clear that I will soon be a dealer for this product line - the Impulse AQ and its successors - it would be tacky for me to attack real or supposed competitors. The metal detector business has largely been free of the sort to promotion which directly attacks competing products in print and I think that’s a good thing. So, since I will soon have a commercial interest in the Impulse line - I will refrain from comments which would be interpreted as “bad mouthing” the competition.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 02:35AM by lytle78.
December 23, 2019 02:28AM
Rick,
I don’t have salt water beach near me.
Hence I don’t need this new Fisher.
Now if a land version becomes available and the unit (by reports) seems worthy I might buy.

This new Fisher seems has been beat like a horse.
Hope it turns out to be a good unit. For folks who need.
December 23, 2019 02:33AM
This thread here too.
And a just recent post made here.
[www.treasurenet.com]
December 23, 2019 02:53AM
If someone came up with a really good imager...it’s game on, possibly over. Can’t wait to see what it is!
December 23, 2019 03:14AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Actually, it is exactly that thread I read. My opi
> nion (only an opinion - everybody’s got one) is t
> hat this guy is delusional or scamming somehow. Ho
> pe I’m wrong, we would all love new miracles of mu
> lti foot depth, absolute ID of various metals and
> the other wonders referred to in that thread.
>
> Best of luck to all who sign up for this and if it
> produces something which the 50 of so actually qua
> lified physicists and engineers who work full time
> on new metal detection technology haven’t been abl
> e to come up with, I promise to buy one. The plus
> there is, of I read their posts right, we should a
> ll be able to buy one in time for the summer detec
> ting season - fast!
>
> I recently posted here some new info on the Fisher
> Impulse AQ. I have carefully noted who has comment
> ed and how. The two folks who have named me as an
> “egg lover” were noticeably quiet about my posts a
> bout the Impulse AQ. Hmmmm.
>
> Almost like it’s personal or something.
>
> Having said all that - I will comment no further o
> n this or any other product which can be seen to b
> e a competitor to the new Fisher Impulse line of P
> I detectors. I will continue to be happy to share
> what I know or suppose about the Impulse AQ and th
> e further Impulse line,, but since it is now clear
> that I will soon be a dealer for this product line
> - the Impulse AQ and its successors - it would be
> tacky for me to attack real or supposed competitor
> s. The metal detector business has largely been fr
> ee of the sort to promotion which directly attacks
> competing products in print and I think that’s a g
> ood thing. So, since I will soon have a commercial
> interest in the Impulse line - I will refrain from
> comments which would be interpreted as “bad mouthi
> ng” the competition.

I didnt comment on it because I dont need a beach machine....If it can find relics in a carpet of nails I might be interested in it. BTW I live at the beach and if you want to come down in 2022 when it hits the market . Come on down....
December 23, 2019 03:17AM
Thanks for the invite, but I’m all tied up for this spring when the Impulse AQ will be inroduced - and at 73 - 2022 is a bit beyond my innediate planning horizon.

On the other hand your seafood place gets great reviews and I very much like that style of fried oysters. Maybe someday - thanks for the invite!

I have to admit however - that it struck me as odd that someone who is uninterested in the Impulse AQ, you chose to comment on my post - about this new wonder machine - by casting aspersions on a project which you know very well I am extremely interested in.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 03:22AM by lytle78.
December 23, 2019 03:24AM
I just copied this from tnet...….and I have no idea what this supposed machine is but looks like some bold claims...

A statement was thrown out- "Unless they have developed their own new secret technology for metal detection, I doubt its going to be any different than every other VLF detector on the market."

My response- "Yup- our own new secret technology for metal detection" and leave it at that.
December 23, 2019 03:32AM
This thread was/is NOT about the Fisher detector Rick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 03:32AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 23, 2019 04:24AM
Yes, tnss, I am well aware of that, it is the thread about this new and spectacular project ...

We should wish them every success.

Rick Kempf
December 23, 2019 07:45AM
and I for one wish First Texas good luck with their latest releases to take on
Minelab & Nokta-Makro direct -

Any news Mr Rick or are we still lamenting over this one lonely Impulse AQ?

Perhaps you being well informed as to FT products etc you could possibly shed
some light on to why they have allowed their competition to dominate the market
in the manner that they have?

I know you might find it impossible that someone new can bring something worthwhile
to the market, or simply brush their effort aside as a toy (it's happened before) but that is
where products are born my good friend - from one man's dream

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 23, 2019 10:30AM
Sounds like a very interesting machine,of course time will tell if its any good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 11:43AM by Junk and Disorderly.
December 23, 2019 01:35PM
So...... someones finally going to produce the Pulse Devil? It seems the big thing GREAT design..... then its money..... and marketing. If you dont have all three the first might not matter. Can it be done at a price people will pay based on other machines which are close to its ability? We often settle for second best if the price tag is right. Will they have to take a loss on the first design to get peoples attention? Its a recreational hobby for most of us..... so we only can afford or are willing to invest so much FAMILY money there...... especially if a new one comes out every year. These multi use machines seems to have the most value.
December 23, 2019 01:41PM
Maybe they're creating "new physics"?? Who knows.

Sounds like a bunch of fisherman that get jazzed about wearing "pro staff" shirts so they can be the first to touch the newest rubber lizard with the enhanced fish catching eyebrows that increase flash and vibration.
eye rolling smiley
December 23, 2019 02:20PM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, and as soon as I saw the gist of the subject, I said to myself : "I'll bet that even un-introduced, and no matter how un-known, un-seen, and un-proven it is, that : ANY TIME a 'better mousetrap' is claimed, that md'rs line up in droves. *Already faithful and giddy* ". And sure enough, as we've seen in several of the replies here: That is already the case. And ... sure ... I'm sure they have their reasons as to why they already-believe.

This instant-fan-base , and glowing testimonials by those-who-first-try-it , is seen over and over and over, with any new machine that has come to the market. We ALL want a "better mousetrap" after all. So we put skepticism aside, ignore clues, and latch on to any hope. And if you recall from the treasure magazine days, have you ever seen a bad product review ?? And as we've seen in this digital age of forums: Any bad product review is "shouted down" by the faithful. And.... years later, the "fan-fair fades into obscurity". The machines become the ho-hum run-of-the-mill machines, that aren't curing cancer after all, eh ? I'm sure we can all recall machines that ... at the time, "everyone rushed out to buy". And now .... when dudes get together and count-their-tallies after hunts, and compare over flagged signals, then it turns out it was just "different bells and whistles".

And in each and every case, they seem to start off with wild-claims NOT UNLIKE THOSE T'NET LINKS. And ... sure, the contagious fever is hard NOT to catch. Since all of us *want* that better mouse-trap *so* bad. Eh ?

My thoughts in the next post :
December 23, 2019 02:43PM
I agree with what silverfiend and Dave-e wrote :

silverfiend Wrote:
> Unless they have developed their own new secret te
> chnology for metal detection, I doubt its going to
> be any different than every other VLF detector on
> the market.

dave_e Wrote:
> Maybe they're creating "new physics"?? Who knows.
>

Yes: All the new machines of the past 20+ yrs. have been nothing more than mostly bells & whistles.

Gone is the fabulous transitions/technology changes of the 20 yrs. of 1965 to 1985-ish . In those years, if you had a machine that was a mere 3 yrs. old, you had a dinosaur. And were "spanked" by your buddies who had kept up with the mouse-traps. Contrast to this last 20-ish years (arguably even 30 yrs., if you include certain trail-blazer machines) : It's entirely possible to have a machine 20 yrs. old, and keep up with anything being sold today !

So ask yourself : Why aren't we seeing these light-years fast-improvements of detectors, like we did in the decades of the 1960s to '80s ? It's exactly as Dave & silverfiend allude to : The laws of physics. You can only pump so much signal into the ground, and can only extract so much out of the ground. And no added amount of computer technology is going to change that. Because all the wonderful advancements of 'puters, cell-phones, etc... is all a function of "faster and smaller" . Yet no amount of faster-and-smaller (computers) changes the fact of the method-in-which we detect metals in the ground. Yes they've added whistles and bells. And a *tad* more depth over the years. But nothing like the advancements of the '60s to the '80s, when it was differences in actual method-used. Eg.: the transition from BFO, to TR all-metal, to TR disc, to motion all-metal, to motion disc, to TID, etc... (yes, I realize some of those were capitalizing on prior "methods"...)

There comes a point of diminishing returns. Like propeller driven planes, for example got faster and faster and faster ... up to a point. Then at a certain point, had reached their technological limits. So jet power comes along. Now you have a completely different type of propulsion. Same concept for md'ing: The current PI and VLF (and the nuances of names and types applied to them), have long-since hit a point of diminishing returns. No added amount of computer power (smaller and faster) does anything more than eek out a few more whistles and bells (yes... helpful, but ... otherwise ... just whistles and bells).

And to whatever extent this docweiser fellow has invented a new technology : I'm going to let history be the lesson-teacher here : SO TOO has scores of claims been made in the past. Which tease-about-being "altogether something new" and "guaranteed to spank". Yet we can all look back and see that they weren't all-that-different. So we abandon those, and rush to get giddy about the next one's claims, eh ? So too am I going to bet that this is just more of the same.

T'net, after-all, has long since lost its reputation for allowing any dissenting skeptical critical voice. I'll bet that if someone came on there, 'dissing this (practicing skepticism and critical thinking), they would be warned by the mod's. And if you persist, you're banned. 'Dissing magic wands is forbidden there after all (at least .... in any meaningful fully-investigative way). So how much-more-so would forbiddance of 'dissing/questioning new tech. be ? So .... IMHO, T'net is not reputable as a source-to-look to, for upcoming tech either. JMHO. Only affirming views , of whatever-topic-is-at-hand, seems to be allowed there. So it is not surprising that the vast majority chiming in there, are giddy about this.

I'm the first to hope that I eat humble pie. But based on actual history of these things on forums, I highly highly doubt this is anything more than a sales scheme, or just more whistles and bells, or someone seeking attention, etc....

I notice that the docweiser fellow has asked around for how to contact me. Because I suppose the PM system there doesn't connect to me any more. If someone can give him my contact info, I'll be happy to test his supposed device. And as can be seen by my tests and opinions of the Nox, it's plain to see that I do NOT "spare punches". I am NOT "prone to follow the giddy fevers" that are so easy to fall-into. Or .... he can simply line himself up with persons who will automatically write glowing reviews, no matter what they test (in the same style and fashion as all the magazine reviews, that were NEVER critical, or failed-to-hype-hope).
December 23, 2019 02:51PM
IDXMonster Wrote:
> If someone came up with a really good imager...it’
> s game on, possibly over. Can’t wait to see what i
> t is!

At present, the pixel size, for anything that "images" (shows-shape) is .... what .... 1" across pixel size. Right ? Thus anything we seek to differentiate (coins, rings, tabs, foil-blobs, car keys, fishing sinkers, nails, etc..) are all : 1" across. Right? Thus lending no useful info.

But I'm afraid that even if that is refined to 1/100" of an inch : That you would still have nothing but a blotch-of-messy-pixels.

Because, take for example something that has a clear and distinct shape : A horseshoe. Even with the current resolution, that is nothing but a blotch of messy pixels (ie.: can't tell that it's a horseshoe). So too will it be for the type targets we search (coin, vs ring vs tab, etc....) when/if the resolution ever reaches 1/100" pixel size. Everything we seek would STILL be nothing but a blotch of messy pixels. I mean, go figure: A round tab and a gold ring have the exact same size, and crown-end, in the shape. And a coin is round like a ring. And the moment you add even the SLIGHTEST bit of tilt, you can kiss the shape-showing goodbye.

So no matter how much the resolution and pixel size is improved, you're not going to end up with a TV type image. Unless you can put a receiving shield-end on the other side of the object (like they do with x-rays).

Thus for there to be any imaging, that's of any use to us, it's going to have to be an entirely new type of method/technology. Not just "faster and smaller" tech. Because we're still looking through solid ground (not air or water, which is an easy-pass-through-median). And the laws of physics are still the laws of physics.