Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simplex+ works above it's price point

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simplex+ works above it's price point
December 26, 2019 05:36PM
I have a couple spots I have been hitting with a lot of different detectors in the last few years that are iron infested, lately I have been walking out of these spots empty handed. I got a Simplex+ mainly to see for myself how well it does, I usually don't buy newly released detectors because I like to wait and see how they do for other people over time. But because of it's reasonable price I figured I wouldn't be out much if I didn't like the way it performed. Anyway I decided to give it a try in the naily spots not expecting much out of it, especially with an 11" DD coil. Well long story short I pulled 2 silver dimes, a Merc and a Barber and a suspender clip, an old cuff link and a percussion cap out of the iron, needless to say I was taken aback by these results. In my opinion Mak/Nok could have sold the Simplex + for twice as much as they do with all it's options and it's performance. I was in park mode by the way.
Re: Simplex+ works above it's price point
December 26, 2019 06:20PM
I like it for its simple set-up and easy operation. For the price its a smart choice.
Just waiting, like many others for a smaller coil to be produced to make it a truly all around use detector.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2019 11:18PM by Sven1.
December 26, 2019 09:31PM
Nice finds, what coinspader forgot to mention was the big gold ring he found that probably paid for the machine. lol..He really did find a nice gold ring with that simplex at that beat up old park, wish he'd post a pic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2019 09:32PM by Woodbutcher.
December 26, 2019 11:58PM
I have heard nothing but good things about the Simplex from my customers, I will be getting one myself soon but will have to wait until spring to use it.
December 27, 2019 12:09AM
I too have been super impressed with the Simplex. As deep in relic mode as the Nox I had, at a park with nasty soil. I decided to get an Anfibio also based on the S+ experience. Received the PulseDive as a freebie
promo for buying the Anfibio. ( promo good til the end of the year) . Dilek and the boys at Nokta/Makro rock!
December 27, 2019 02:15AM
One thing no one can debate, makro has the best customer service going.. I've been hearing minelab stepped it up some, but nobody can beat makro customer service in my opinion
December 27, 2019 03:15PM
It is indeed crazy.... to call their newest entry-level unit: A Flagship; yet, truth prevails.
It is a paradox....when your Flagship unit is also your most inexpensive unit.
December 28, 2019 01:37AM
Unless something new and revolutionary is released by a detector company the price bar has been established. With numerous detectors including the Simplex out performing detectors that were not long ago considered very good a new standard has indeed been set for comparison.
December 28, 2019 02:50AM
OK guys, Is the Simplex+ that good or better than most detectors or just better than a cheep detector? I have been looking at it but I have a Deus ,and F75, MXT, Is it as good or better? I don't want to buy a new detector and find out that what I have is much better. I know it is water proof, I like that, but give me the facts. Is it just good for the price? I want to know. Thanks Dean
December 28, 2019 03:46AM
As good as it is for the price, it is no where close to the Deus. With your current lineup, the Equinox would be good if you want waterproof.
December 28, 2019 04:18AM
Flintstone, the Simplex is awesome for the price, But it does not have the adjustability and coil options. Its a Hi performing , somewhat basic detector. I like it but want more adjustments and coils, so I bought an Anfibio also.

Example, in the park setting, the 3rd tone starts at 43, however the zinc pennies ring up in the high 60's, which causes a lot of aluminum trash to ring up as a high tone. I notch out the 30 to 60 numbers which gets rid of most aluminum, and then its an excellent
coin machine in the parks.
December 28, 2019 11:17AM
The question is what will be next? What will detector companies offer at a low price that will make users switch from the Simplex or Vanquish? The next generation will have to offer more because the bar has been set. What will be more? Better performance? Maybe a micro step if history is an indication. Probably features. Tone breaks and Volume adjustments on bins. Imagine all the features of an Equinox 800 for 400 bucks.
December 28, 2019 06:14PM
One day, maybe in our dreams, a manufacturer will make the perfect detector to fill everyone's personal needs.
Until then we have a great selection to choose from.

Works for me
December 28, 2019 06:29PM
You need a minimum of 3 machines to cover most hunting types and situations. Just don't put them altogether where your wife can criticize... I made that mistake. She said "why would anyone need more than 1 detector?" Nobody wants to put up with that........ Oh I could have said something about the 20 pair of shoes of a dozen purses..... But I just said I would sell the extras and just became smarter about hiding my addiction.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
wjs
December 28, 2019 11:01PM
"She said "why would anyone need more than 1 detector?"

Tell her people don't play golf with only 1` club.
December 29, 2019 10:52AM
I'd love to have a shot at these sites where folks leave so much behind.
December 29, 2019 01:48PM
Its a good machine for the money. Ive yet to see anything close to this depth thats being mentioned in the dirt though. Like alot of machines, in looser/open dirt it'll get down there deeper; but a guy'd have to have a razor sharp ear to pick out a dime any deeper than 5" on turf- at least with the one I have... Prior to the coil dying anyway. After buying 3 machines from this company over the yrs Ive now had to get a new coil for every one of them after approx a month...Which is a bit aggravating.

Its an entry level priced unit, so I dont want to beat up on it too much- and frankly I don't see anything else touching it currently at that price....but would like to see what the platform could do with better tones and a better modulation taper in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2019 01:50PM by deadlift.
December 29, 2019 02:03PM
Thanks All for the truth, I see some tell how good xxx is but think they have not detected before. Some say it is top of the line, I know it is a low price detector, not to pick on it, just to find the truth. The way some on other forums talk it has left all other detectors in the dust. Thanks all Dean
December 29, 2019 06:30PM
Simplex without the wireless headphones is being discounted to $254 from may dealers.

Works for me
December 29, 2019 09:29PM
5Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks All for the truth, I see some tell how good
> xxx is but think they have not detected before. The way some on other forums talk it has le
> ft all other detectors in the dust. Thanks all De
> an

Been alot of subjective opinions on new releases for the last 5 years

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2019 10:18PM by Woodbutcher.
December 30, 2019 02:37AM
It was always going to perform well above its price point

Just like ALL their products

it is what Nokta-Makro do - excel expectations

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 30, 2019 11:01AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> It was always going to perform well above its pric
> e point
>
> Just like ALL their products
>
> it is what Nokta-Makro do - excel expectations Well said, I agree.
January 03, 2020 04:57AM
[youtu.be]

rustic charm Wrote:
> It was always going to perform well above its pric
> e point
>
> Just like ALL their products
>
> it is what Nokta-Makro do - excel expectations

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 06:26AM by ghound.
January 03, 2020 10:46AM
and your point is ghound? (again)

I have said in previous posts that you have been involved in that they are two
entirely different metal detectors for two entirely different applications -

One is multi IQ vs One is not
One is waterproof vs One is not etc etc

BOTH are affordable and because there are many who are not brand loyal,

One can afford to get Both

OR

If you already run a high end FBS or similar and looking for a back-up / loaner
I would look at getting a cheap waterproof detector like the SimplEX+ - Thus
creating more options for me when detecting_

If you already own a high end waterproof SINGLE frequency metal detector then
the Vanquish Series would compliment that just as well_

These things clearly stand out if you stop trying to pit one manufacturer against another
on two entirely different products_

would you tell people to purchase a Vanquish if they were looking for a waterproof metal detector ghound?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 03, 2020 11:57AM
We see folks all the time when a new release comes out.
Pit detector models against one another.

Personally I think Simplex+ to be pit against Garrett At series Detectors.
Purely from a price point and being waterproof.

At series lived a long life and the reason was price and being waterproof.

Give Nokta-Makro kudos for offering the Simplex+ line.

Garrett is in the hot seat now.
Time for them to get to work on another line.

Don’t know if Simplex is manufacturer’s flagship or not. Don’t have one.
If it is though why in the world did Nokta -Makro set up Impact, Kruzer and Anfibio with all the freqs they did?

Industry overall has indeed changed.

I wish all manufacturers the best. Not all will thrive though. We know this. Some will fail or fall morose to the wayside.

I can think of a couple right off the top of my head. Won’t say who they are.

I have given my opinions on this forum on where the industry should go. Folks can read.

We are in an even more digital world when it comes to toys.
Smaller and lighter.

Last here.
Detector audio the way it sounds when using a metal detector is imo a big deal.
I am not overly fond of the Nokta Makro line of detectors audio.
Just listening to YouTube of Simplex it sounds close to Impact Anfibio Kruzer.

The audio provided by aka detectors Sorex and Signum sure sounds awfully good.
Equinox audio is pretty good too.

I wish manufacturers would start when they are making new model detectors to indeed post YouTube and let us here a detector (actually many versions) of a particular model they are designing. And let folks give their comments and vote for what sounds better to them.
Not merely a handful of testers who may just go with the flow.
More ears are better than a few.
Doing this a manufacturer don’t have to reveal anything else about detector. Just sound. Real simple.
A manufacturer might even choose to allow different audio sounds be selected by user.
Audio is what users use btw to make finds.
Not pretty screens or small or big displays.

Minelab with their infinite wisdom got away from some awfully good audio when they went CTX route. Shame on them.
They should go back to the explorer audio imo.

I try to be practical with my critiques, ideas, etc.

Happy late New Year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 11:59AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 03, 2020 01:58PM
The point I'm making is that you state that it performs above it's price point, yet it can't hit a coin between 2 nails the easy way, hardly earth shattering?
Yes it's probably the cheapest waterproof detector out there, and if someone wanted to go freshwater hunting for easy targets it's a bargain.

rustic charm Wrote:
> and your point is ghound? (again)

> would you tell people to purchase a Vanquish if
> they were looking for a waterproof metal detector
> ghound?
January 03, 2020 02:33PM
I almost bet a ACE 400 will hit the coin between two nails.... I know the AT pro will. That coin between two nails is a real deal breaker....You know it will not be any good when you put the iron in a 3D situation. I like Nokta and Dilek but IMO they overplayed their hand with this detector...That is my polite way of saying they hyped it to much. Iffy signals videos are very telling and he is a straight up guy.

As the price reflects it is a BEGINNERS detector....all this it performs above its price point is pure marketing hype nonsense!! It is waterproof ...Will not hit a nickel between two nails …….

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 02:36PM by calabash digger.
January 03, 2020 04:54PM
Ironically Nokta-Makro has a fantastic reputation for fixing problems that people identify

looks like a problem has been identified and no doubt with the very affordable AT SimplEX+
being updatable, I am more than confident that this 'problem' (deal breaker eye rolling smiley) will simply
be resolved with one of their future updates

So, I don't see the problem/problems you obviously do ghound

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 03, 2020 05:56PM
With respect, i didn't mention there was a problem, i simply stated i don't share your opinion that it "performs above it's price point" when it can't perform a simple nail-coin-nail task, but that's just my opinion.
rustic charm
> So, I don't see the problem/problems you obviously
> do ghound
January 03, 2020 06:06PM
Will someone please do Monte's nail board test with the simplex+.