Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simplex+ works above it's price point

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Simplex+ works above it's price point
January 03, 2020 06:29PM
u2robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will someone please do Monte's nail board test wit
> h the simplex+.
Here’s a video.

[m.youtube.com]
January 03, 2020 06:38PM
They made a pigs ears of that lol

tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> u2robert Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Will someone please do Monte's nail board test w
> it
> > h the simplex+.
> Here’s a video.
>
> [m.youtube.com]
January 03, 2020 06:39PM
ghound Wrote:
> They made a pigs ears of that lol
>
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> -----
> > u2robert Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Will someone please do Monte's nail board test
> w
> > it
> > > h the simplex+.
> > Here’s a video.
> >
> > [m.youtube.com]

I didn’t say how good or bad the video was as it pertains to Simplex.
It is a video though.
January 04, 2020 12:11AM
I just related the experience I had with the Simplex+, I didn't do any air tests, I just hunted with it. Others results may very. I will be hanging onto it as a backup to my Anfibio Multi. though. cool smiley
January 04, 2020 01:38AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Ironically Nokta-Makro has a fantastic reputation
> for fixing problems that people identify
>
> looks like a problem has been identified and no do
> ubt with the very affordable AT SimplEX+
> being updatable, I am more than confident that thi
> s 'problem' (deal breaker eye rolling smiley) will simply
> be resolved with one of their future updates
>
> So, I don't see the problem/problems you obviously
> do ghound

They should have fixed that problem before the first one ever went out the front door...….It is really pitiful that it will not hit a nickel between two nails.
January 04, 2020 12:23PM
Even though I have sold a few Simplex+ detectors I have never took one out the box,etc. After reading all the good things about them I decided to check one out. I like the way they are packed in the box ( the box is very nice and well), I like the telescoping rod set up and the cam locks, nothing feels or looks cheap, I to feels good in your hands not heavy but solid, I really like the display, the wireless headphones are comfortable and work great, it is alot of detector with lots of features at any price but the Simplex just happens to be priced low. It is winter here in northern New York and I can't go on a real hunt with it but I did test it out with some coins,etc. in my yard and it worked great. I think that anyone would be impressed with the Simplex+.
January 04, 2020 01:16PM
Per Monte regarding the Nickel Caper
[www.findmall.com]

========================================
Here is a reply regarding the Simplex+ and this topic and this is a copy of what I posted Friday morning elsewhere.

Matter of fact, I have watched that video a few times, and a couple of other videos, even just within the last two hours. You know what? I didn't let it bother me. It was one guy doing one test using only a Simplex+ w/11" DD coil and a Minelab Vanquish w/9X12 DD coil and only comparing 1 US 5¢ between 2 nails.

I am not into doing videos as I don't have the $$$ or the time for a camera and such. If I did, I could have some fun doing a video of "What These Detectors CAN'T Do." and there wouldn't be many detectors that would be left out of that show, either. When I evaluate any make or model, and their standard and optional coils, I am always looking for their strengths and how well they might serve my needs.

But at the same time I am looking for any weaknesses in design, function or performance afield as well. I like to know a detector's strong points but also their weaknesses as well. They all have both.

I noticed in the video you refer to, and a couple of others I have seen, where the video maker slides in a comment about how it is Multi-IQ that is the main difference and why a Minelab model seems to out-perform a single frequency model. They can't answer specific questions about the "Multi-IQ' when asked, and they don't describe why they came to that conclusion, because many I have watched, the results had nothing to do with simultaneous or single frequency detector performance. There's a lot more to it than simply one or more frequencies at work as so much also includes other circuitry design and other function settings, plus the coil design and size used.

By the way, after I watched that video again just a couple of hours ago, I have a US Nickel and two nails on a board here in my den as I am doing tests with other detectors. Why? Just because it is interesting and I learn goods and bads about all the detectors under my roof. Also, in his video where he suggests marvelous performance on that set-up with the Vanquish, note that he didn't sweep the test samples gong lengthwise with the iron nails, only crosswise. I wonder what he'd say if he encountered that from a 90° approach? I did.

Before replying here I had to run each and every detector I own on that test. In the video he said the iron nails were about a "finger distance" between the Nickel and each nail, so I measured that with my right index finger. I used two square nails from the ghost town of 'Lost' and a 1936 Buffalo 5¢. Note, too, that under the board that I layed on my den floor are nails in the flooring that I don't believe he had in that dirt. Also, this test sample and the search coils being swept across that set-up were only 5' to 6' from my computer, and my den, with computer and the lighting, is a bad EMI experience.

I pre-test guessed what the performance might be from each detector model with the coils I keep attached, and I was almost 100% correct in the results I got. And I'll trust my testing over what I saw in the video. Here are the results I got by category:

No Positive Response to the Buffalo Nickel:

• Fisher F44 w/7" Concentric coil ... (I didn't expect it to. A very good urban Coin Hunting unit, but terrible in iron.)

A Positive Response to the Buffalo Nickel swept Crosswise as in the Video:

• Nokta FORS CoRe w/'OOR' DD coil ... (All 2 & 3 Tone modes to Accept Nails. then to Reject nails then at Ferrous Reject.)
• Nokta / Makro Simplex+ w/11" DD coil ... (All three modes w/Zero Disc., Reject 1-Bar (nails), and Reject 3-Bars (ferrous range).)
• XP ORX w/5X9½ DD HF coil
• XP ORX w/9" X35 DD coil

A Positive Response to the Buffalo Nickel swept BOTH Crosswise as well as Lengthwise:

• Nokta FORS Relic w/5" DD coil ... (All 2 & 3 Tone modes to Accept Nails. then to Reject Nails then at Ferrous Reject.)
• Makro Racer 2 w/7" Concentric coil ... (All 2 & 3 Tone modes to Accept Nails. then to Reject Nails then at Ferrous Reject.)
• Tesoro Bandido II microMAX w/6" Concentric coil
• Tesoro Silver Sabre microMAX w/6" Concentric coil
• White's IDX Pro w/6½" Concentric coil ... (Unit Modified by Keith Southern)winking smiley

Note that I never changed the position of the square nails or Nickel so all comparisons were done one right after the other. Also note that the Nokta CoRe w/'OOR' coil almost gave me good repeatable hits lengthwise, but the slightly ticky response just wasn't solid enough to match the Relic and other models that did well both directions.

Also note that the particular model in question in the video and here, the new Nokta / Makro Simplex+, was using the largest search coil, the standard 11" DD. It will be interesting to re-test this when Nokta / Makro release smaller-size optional coils for this device. But the audio response I did get from it, in Field, Park and Beach modes, was absolutely a beautiful response.

I had been asked about the Simplex+ and handling the nails on my Nail Board Performance Test, so I did that again, too. I used a Wheat-Back Cent and, with that big 11" DD coil, it still hit on 6-out-of-8 possible. Using all three Discriminate modes with the Disc. set at Zero Bars t accept all Metals, then at 1-Bar to reject Iron nails, then at 3-Bars which is the Ferrous / Non-Ferrous break-point. I enjoy using my Simplex+ and, as I''ve stated, it ought to do a lot of things better with smaller coils when they come out.

Monte

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 04, 2020 01:29PM
PER CALABASH DIGGER it still doesnt change the fact it cant hit a nickel on the same plane between two nails...……..you guys are really something on here. If yhall want to run around leaving mid conductors(GOLD) in the ground by all means go ahead. The Vanquish runs circles around the Simplex. I know the guy personally who made the videos and talk to him often and he dont have no skin in the game to mislead anybody....

Montes has time to write books on the internet in post but doesnt have time to make a 2 minute videos on detectors....yeah right! Critical thinking of a matter has left the building around here.....Ok the simplex is waterproof and well built.....So what if it cant detect targets !!!! The free detector club has struck again....
January 04, 2020 02:50PM
Same ole same ole from the same people....lol..The hidden coin between the nails, under the nails bla bla bla..Heres a coin, here's another coin,, yup and I have another over here..lmao..Who ever found a coin between two nails? And how did you know it was between two nails before you dug it?

Everyone has great opinions about how makro should go about making a machine..I think they've listened and gave the public what they asked for, not just with the simplex but with every machine they've launched.
A few guys are stuck on multi IQ, and always screw up a good thread on a good machine..Dont recall this thread caring about a multi IQ machine, or asking for opinions on one?
January 04, 2020 02:58PM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> Same ole same ole from the same people....lol..The
> hidden coin between the nails, under the nails bla
> bla bla..Heres a coin, here's another coin,, yup a
> nd I have another over here..lmao..Who ever found
> a coin between two nails? And how did you know it
> was between two nails before you dug it?
>
> Everyone has great opinions about how makro should
> go about making a machine..I think they've listene
> d and gave the public what they asked for, not jus
> t with the simplex but with every machine they've
> launched.
> A few guys are stuck on multi IQ, and always screw
> up a good thread on a good machine..Dont recall th
> is thread caring about a multi IQ machine, or aski
> ng for opinions on one? One of the best posts I have read in along time, well said Woodbutcher.
January 04, 2020 03:02PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> PER CALABASH DIGGER it still doesnt change the fa
> ct it cant hit a nickel on the same plane between
> two nails...……..you guys are really something on h
> ere. If yhall want to run around leaving mid condu
> ctors(GOLD) in the ground by all means go ahead. T
> he Vanquish runs circles around the Simplex. I kno
> w the guy personally who made the videos and talk
> to him often and he dont have no skin in the game
> to mislead anybody....
>
> Montes has time to write books on the internet in
> post but doesnt have time to make a 2 minute video
> s on detectors....yeah right! Critical thinking o
> f a matter has left the building around here.....O
> k the simplex is waterproof and well built.....So
> what if it cant detect targets !!!! The free dete
> ctor club has struck again.... Some of us old folks might have lots of knowledge and have used many detectors over the years and can write page after page about them but haven't a clue how to make a video, I couldn't make a video if I had to. As for the free detector club statement you reminded me of the time just before the release of the Tesoro Outlaw I was asked if I would be a tester for it, I was the only one who had one so they were not sending them out to a bunch of people just to get good feedback, matter of fact Tesoro insisted that I gave my honest review of all the good and bad about the detector and it is exactly what I did. So whether a person gets a free detector or not I value their opinion if they are an upstanding person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 03:11PM by SkiWhiz.
January 04, 2020 03:41PM
January 04, 2020 03:56PM
I have the simplex, I don't have the Vanquish. But what I .see with the Simplex, It would not surprise me when it comes to depth, The simplex eats the vanquish for lunch.
January 04, 2020 05:04PM
You guys crack me up......Woody when I get home tomorrow I will post my finds from the 3 day hunting trip I have been on. Just to remind yhall I actually get out and use the detectors I talk about unlike some around here who just set around pecking on the keyboard....BTW multiple museum quality finds from this trip.....stay tuned.

I do have one question Ole Woody if it is so good why did you sell yours so fast? Can you say clueless?
January 04, 2020 05:09PM
Really what's important is the detector will find treasure while out detecting, 100's of buyers of the Simplex are making killer finds overseas.
And the person who buys it is happy with the purchase, has enough features/performance and enjoys using it.
Best of all the price is right.

If the Simplex doesn't fit the bill, the owner can resell it, buy and try something different until they find a detector they gel with.
How many of us are not buy and try it type detectorist? Great to have the freedom of choice..................to choose a detector brand /model that they wish to.

The Simplex will have its following just like, the Acers, Deltas, Compadres...and other entry level type detectors. And they all find treasure!

The Simplex is the new alternative to get into the hobby without spending an arm and a leg to get some legitimate performance that will keep the person in the hobby,
before the need to upgrade arises. When that time happens, the Simplex will be passed onto another to enjoy.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 04, 2020 05:18PM
SVEN1 I agree with you best deal going for a entry level waterproof detector. My problem is with the other claims about how it performs like a 700 or 800 dollar detector which is clearly not the case.3tone park mode has no depth and you have to use 2 tone mode to get any depth.

If a detectorist cant tell something is off with a detector that cant hit a nickel between two nails well they need to go back to detecting school...
January 04, 2020 05:53PM
Everyone should just enjoy what makes them happy. I don’t let others opinions affect what I use or buy. I have a lot of budget machines that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. Many would scoff at me because I kill it with my Tracker IV and 4” coil.
I might get a simplex later on because of the price point. People are finding things and having fun with it. That sounds like a recipe for a purchase to me. Having fun is what it’s all about.
I just spent 188.00 out the door for my very first multi frequency machine, the Vanquish 340. I can’t wait to go find coins and jewelry with it. All the while not worrying about what others say.
January 04, 2020 05:54PM
possum mo Wrote:
> I have the simplex, I don't have the Vanquish. Bu
> t what I .see with the Simplex, It would not surpr
> ise me when it comes to depth, The simplex eats th
> e vanquish for lunch.

Unless your not posting your hunting videos, I have never seen you use 95 percent of the machines you buy to run through your garbage pit, and talk trash..
As for you finding somthing on your 3 day hunt, good luck buddy.
What's going on anyway with you?, why you turning into a bully over these electronics?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 05:55PM by Woodbutcher.
January 04, 2020 06:10PM
Woody you interjected yourself into the simplex conversation which is your God given rite. I just followed up and asked you a question. Why did you sell your simplex after a week of use? Kinda reminds me of you Equinox...

The ones that dont pass the garbage pit test never make it to the field to hunt unlike some I dont feel the need to take a dog detector out to hunt . MY TIME is to valuable!
January 04, 2020 06:18PM
Calabash,,

I know Scott aka coinspader, he's from my area..And I didn't sell my simplex after a week, I actually used it quite a bit HUNTING ,, not testing in my yard..No problems from me here but showing a little love for a machine I felt was good..Im not talking trash on anyone or any other machine..Question is, why are you here n this simplex thread?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 06:20PM by Woodbutcher.
January 04, 2020 06:31PM
Pointing out the obvious...Woody you have been trying to corner me up for a few years now started on friendly forum when I was showing off the Deus... You know why you cant? BECAUSE all that I have said and showed concerning detectors has been true. I am not dogging the simplex best deal going for a entry level water proof detector BUT lets not pretend it is a high end detector in the performance category...
January 04, 2020 07:05PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Pointing out the obvious...Woody you have been try
> ing to corner me up for a few years now started on
> friendly forum when I was showing off the Deus...
> You know why you cant? BECAUSE all that I have sai
> d and showed concerning detectors has been true. I
> am not dogging the simplex best deal going for a e
> ntry level water proof detector BUT lets not prete
> nd it is a high end detector in the performance ca
> tegory...

Not trying to corner anyone, and im pointing out the obvious also.Your getting yourself in debates about machines you don't own and haven't ran.Why do you even bother? Your opinions are just as important as anyone's as long as you have SOME field time to back your evaluation..But hey, what do I know .. Good luck to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 07:12PM by Woodbutcher.
January 04, 2020 09:30PM
This gent gigmaster does good vids.
Here is a video he and a friend did comparing simplex and EQX.
Looks like Simplex held its own on targets when located. Actually IDed one target as ferrous and it was, Eqx failed and IDed as nonferrous.
Think this gent lives in coastal NC area, so soil on the milder side.
I haven’t looked he may have more videos comparing the 2 detectors.
If he does I’ll post links here as well.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 09:34PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 04, 2020 10:05PM
Thanks for the vid link Tnss.

This guy needs some more time on the Nox, he called an ID of 5 on the Nox as iron, that's crazy, i find small medieval silver at 5! Anyone who relic hunts by numbers is off their heads!
Unfortunately you don't get to hear the ground conditions, iron content etc.

tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> This gent gigmaster does good vids.
> Here is a video he and a friend did comparing simp
> lex and EQX.
> Looks like Simplex held its own on targets when lo
> cated. Actually IDed one target as ferrous and it
> was, Eqx failed and IDed as nonferrous.
> Think this gent lives in coastal NC area, so soil
> on the milder side.
> I haven’t looked he may have more videos comparing
> the 2 detectors.
> If he does I’ll post links here as well.
>
> [m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 10:07PM by ghound.
January 04, 2020 10:17PM
ghound Wrote:
> Thanks for the vid link Tnss.
>
> This guy needs some more time on the Nox, he calle
> d an ID of 5 on the Nox as iron, that's crazy, i f
> ind small medieval silver at 5! Anyone who relic h
> unts by numbers is off their heads!
> Unfortunately you don't get to hear the ground con
> ditions, iron content etc.
>
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> -----
> > This gent gigmaster does good vids.
> > Here is a video he and a friend did comparing si
> mp
> > lex and EQX.
> > Looks like Simplex held its own on targets when
> lo
> > cated. Actually IDed one target as ferrous and
> it
> > was, Eqx failed and IDed as nonferrous.
> > Think this gent lives in coastal NC area, so soi
> l
> > on the milder side.
> > I haven’t looked he may have more videos compari
> ng
> > the 2 detectors.
> > If he does I’ll post links here as well.
> >
> > [m.youtube.com]

You are welcome.
I could watch videos like this comparing detectors all day long. As long as external speakers are used where I can hear signal or lack of signal.
Thinkl the gent has quite a bit of Eqx time. Notice he did quite the ID range correctly of EQX. Think he just misspoke.

Was surprised though how long it took him to figure out the Eqx was causing Simplex static.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 10:18PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 04, 2020 10:37PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> This gent gigmaster does good vids.
> Here is a video he and a friend did comparing simp
> lex and EQX.
> Looks like Simplex held its own on targets when lo
> cated. Actually IDed one target as ferrous and it
> was, Eqx failed and IDed as nonferrous.
> Think this gent lives in coastal NC area, so soil
> on the milder side.
> I haven’t looked he may have more videos comparing
> the 2 detectors.
> If he does I’ll post links here as well.
>
> [m.youtube.com]

Do believe he lives in coastal VA.
January 04, 2020 11:15PM
Thing is, it will at best only find the same targets other single freq machines find, but it will also leave behind the same targets other single freqs have missed, and being a Nox user i thank every last Simplex user lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 11:39PM by ghound.
January 05, 2020 12:30AM
ghound Wrote:
> Thing is, it will at best only find the same targe
> ts other single freq machines find, but it will al
> so leave behind the same targets other single freq
> s have missed, and being a Nox user i thank every
> last Simplex user lol we Minelab is a brand that I do not carry so I can't personally know how good or not so good the Nox is but for twice the cost of the Simplex it should be better. I haven't heard any bad things about the Simplex from any of my customers.
January 05, 2020 04:04PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> You guys crack me up......Woody when I get home to
> morrow I will post my finds from the 3 day hunting
> trip...BTW multiple museum quality finds
> from this trip.....stay tuned.
>
>

Im still waiting to see the museum quality finds? Surely your not talking about that large cent and seated dime? Those are good finds but just a good find here in Pennsylvania and not rare., I could start my own museum of that's the case.lmao

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 04:10PM by Woodbutcher.
January 05, 2020 04:29PM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> -----
> > You guys crack me up......Woody when I get home
> to
> > morrow I will post my finds from the 3 day hunti
> ng
> > trip...BTW multiple museum quality finds
> > from this trip.....stay tuned.
> >
> >
>
> Im still waiting to see the museum quality finds?
> Surely your not talking about that large cent and
> seated dime? Those are good finds but just a good
> find here in Pennsylvania and not rare., I could s
> tart my own museum of that's the case.lmao

Woody,
I guess it depends on one’s definition of a museum.
Museums can be used to display history period, not necessarily rare items.
We have a couple local museums in my area. They contain items reflecting the history. I plan to give most of my older finds to one museum or maybe split them up and give them up. They won’t do anyone any good when I kick the bucket.

Think about it Woody,
A tube model TV or even a record player or even a transistor radio or a seemingly young 40 yard old auto could be seen in a museum now. With what has transpired with tech.

For instance, how many 10 year olds have even seen in person a baulky tube TV. Or even a manual typewriter for that matter.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 04:39PM by tnsharpshooter.