Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FTP....will you PLEASE let us know....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: FTP....will you PLEASE let us know....
January 18, 2020 05:34PM
Sorry to hear that Rick, I hope everything’s ok and you have a speedy recovery.
Please keep us posted.

Aaron
January 18, 2020 05:52PM
Thanks for the good wishes. It was a huge bellyache (literally) but it seems to be fine now. Long walks in the sunny mornings and relaxing evenings watching the fire warm the living room, burning the dead palo verde, mesquite and Ironwood that I gather in the desert. Most of it was cut years ago by the power company when they removed trees from under their transmission lines.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2020 06:01PM by lytle78.
January 18, 2020 06:12PM
Follow up to my above post - and the rest of the story.

You are probably wondering why I haven’t been sharing experiences of using the AQ here in Gold Canyon. Good question.

After New Years, it became clear that some relatively minor modifications to the production configuration of the AQ were going to be made in order for it to meet all the certification tests required to meet the requirements of each of the required agencies.

In conversation with Tim Mallory, I agreed that the best course of action was for my AQ to be retuned to El Paso and returned to me when it was identical to the final production configuration.

Add to that, the fact that I spent last weekend and a good part of this week in a local hospital enjoying “bowel rest” after an intestinal blockage, and I have been pretty “non-productive” - lol - (that was the problem, anyway!!!).

Everything is fine now with me but my AQ is still with the crew in El Paso.

Rick Kempf
January 18, 2020 06:54PM
Incarcerated intestines..... complicated by being 'impacted'...…. is painful. Keep an eye out for inguinal hernia(s).
January 18, 2020 08:37PM
I went to the emergency last week. Had a stomach ache and then a pain in side and then pain moved to back on left. Turned out to be a Kidney stone. 2 pain pills that night and the next day it was gone. I got by easy.

Hope everything is well with you Rick.
January 18, 2020 09:38PM
You dodged a bullet on that one Rick! Mine resolved itself well enough, but the old insult - “up your nose with a rubber hose” has a whole new meaning for me now!

Rick Kempf
January 18, 2020 10:16PM
I had a couple stones in the past. The first one I couldn't stop pacing. I paced around the house in pain for three days. I called the doc and asked if he had anything stronger than the prescription he gave me...he said just double up on it. The meds dulled it just a little. The painful part is when the stone passes between the kidney and the bladder, not when it heads out through your Johnson. Doc gave me a sieve to catch it in and I was able to do so. It was considered a medium size stone but the darned thing was shaped like an flint arrow head....first and only one I ever found, lol.

Anyway, Rick, glad it was nothing too serious....sucks getting old, doesn't it.
January 18, 2020 10:33PM
don't forget to fill your hole in Mr Rick - grinning smiley

happy to hear that you are on the mend good sir -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 19, 2020 01:13AM
Rustic, just curious, why do you put earthSCAN at the bottom of all your posts?
January 19, 2020 09:18PM
This whole thread is like a giant mystery puzzle. Piece by piece it is coming together in a very intriguing way. thumbs down
January 19, 2020 09:23PM
Yeah, it just seems there’s a few pieces missing...
January 19, 2020 10:12PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rustic, just curious, why do you put earthSCAN at
> the bottom of all your posts?

Hi - I just set my signature to earthSCAN as opposed to listing my metal detectors or other info -

cheers

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 19, 2020 10:18PM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Badger in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Rustic, just curious, why do you put earthSCAN a
> t
> > the bottom of all your posts?
>
> Hi - I just set my signature to earthSCAN as oppos
> ed to listing my metal detectors or other info -
>
> cheers

What does earthSCAN mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 10:41PM by Badger in NH.
January 19, 2020 11:06PM
Hi -

long story short, its a website I have had going for sometime trying to pass on as much info freely about the different makes and models etc _

I had no idea how to even think about building a website however once you are passionate about something, everything else seems to fall into place _

I have previously been a proud Dealer here in NZ for some fantastic products however due to health issues at the time, I had to regrettably let them go _

I have spent many hoirs putting earthSCAN together simply because I feel that I need to try to contribute back to the community -

Guys like Mr Tom Dankowski - Keith Southern & Steve Herschbach are Gods in my eyes. Not only do they posess a wealth of information but they go out of their way to freely pass this on to the 'addicted' globally. Of course there are also a handful or so of others who continually keep many of us informed on a regualr basis _

I have always tried to be impartial at all times when it comes to manufacturers, so we try not to DISC _

I am fast losing eyesight due to 'Glaucoma' and do not get out to hunt as much not being able to drive etc, so I kinda went mad knocking together a couple of support pages to try to make it easier for people to look at all the different models under one page, then they give their local Dealer a call _

I cant afford to advertise through forums etc as wel do not really sell anything and if we do, it is locally on the rare occasion until my health improves _

I would like to let people know of this resource but don't want to over step my presence here -

I hope this helps and i will post a link here of our Metal Detector Info Page and if it is against forum rules, my sincere apologies and please remove -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Cheers

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 19, 2020 11:12PM
@Rustic: You can add a horizontal line in your signature, so it is seen to be seperate from your post, using the hr tag
[ hr ] (but without the spaces inside the brackets)

then your earthSCAN signature

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 11:14PM by Pimento.
January 19, 2020 11:13PM
Interesting.

You should use the link as your signature.