Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Evidently some new detector models coming by way of First Texas

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Evidently some new detector models coming by way of First Texas
January 15, 2020 01:51AM
Heard this on a live stream video. Just while ago. No other details. They said prices will vary. Never speaks how many different models but did use word models..
Let me see if I can post link to live stream I heard it on here.
Gent discloses he is under NDA.
[m.youtube.com]

Oh and remember the little tickler NASA Tom said.
2020 will be year known for detector depth.
Could one or more of the these models be what he was referring to??
Time will tell.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The year 2020 will be known/remembered as: The yea
> r of 'depth'.
>
> (And from 3 possible/probable fronts).

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 02:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Evidently some new detector models coming by way of First Texas
January 15, 2020 04:12PM
That's a 1-hour and 16-minute video.
January 15, 2020 05:34PM
The mention starts at 49.22
He doesn’t really say anything at all. Just the same thing anyone associated with a detecting company has said many times over he years.
January 16, 2020 02:32AM
Hunter GT must be tired of digging deep holes with the Nokta-Makro units - lol

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 16, 2020 06:35AM
Define "new".
January 16, 2020 01:11PM
The only one I have seen publicly announced is the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

It seems to be the Fisher F-19 re-packaged (and likely re-priced) as a Bounty Hunter machine.

Is this something NEW or is it another example of “old wine in new skins”? I guess it depends on your point of view. New tech - no. New performance in the field - maybe, but not likely. So what’s new?

What’s new is that this opens the F-19 platform to new arteries of distribution including big box stores, Amazon and probably direct sales from the First Texas website.

So who benefits from this?. Well, here’s my take on it - feel free to agree or disagree..

New and first-time sector buyers. A first class detector now WAY more accessibility and visibility to folks who have never visited a detector forum or perhaps never even seen a detector YouTube video. Easy to buy from Big 5, Cabelas, you name it - and online from Amazon or even direct from First Texas’ website.

First Texas Products - because they can continue to make and sell a proven product at ever more attractive prices to new and existing customers.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 16, 2020 02:02PM
lytle78 Wrote:
>
> New and first-time sector buyers. A first class de
> tector now WAY more accessibility and visibility t
> o folks who have never visited a detector forum or
> perhaps never even seen a detector YouTube video.
> Easy to buy from Big 5, Cabelas, you name it - and
> online from Amazon or even direct from First Texas
> ’ website.
>

Yeah, nothing like the old days. If you didnt have a local detector dealer, your only option was to find a shop who advertised in a magazine, send them a letter (because long distance was $$$) and request a catalogue. Pick out a detector based completely on company claims, and THEN send them a check and wait about 4 - 6 weeks for your new toy.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

January 16, 2020 04:41PM
"First Texas Products - because they can continue to make and sell a proven product at ever more attractive prices to new and existing customers."

First Texas is forced to lower their prices and find new outlets for their products. Why.? Because most of their old products can no longer compete
with the new cutting edge units their competitors are offering. I talked to a dealer 2 years ago when I purchased my nox, and he said its tough to sell FTP units .
They are falling too far behind. On the low end, Garrett is still tops, now also Nokta/ Makro is making inroads there. On the high end, Minelab, Deus, and Nokta / Makro
are the big sellers. FTP is a non seller, when displayed next to the competitors units. FTP has a better chance of selling their outdated lines where they can be on a shelf
by them selves. FTP units are still good units, but they are not keeping up. Hopefully They will gain back market share with the new pulse unit(s). But they better
get moving , or someone will beat them there also.

Not trying to step on your toes Rick, just the facts man.
January 16, 2020 04:49PM
Not to pile on. Seems First Texas has also been slow to warm to what I call amenities to detectors.
Does Fisher even make a detector and sell with wireless headphones??

If not. Look at how long and how many other models by other manufacturers are being sold with the wireless headphones.
January 16, 2020 06:00PM
I own 8 of their machines. Mostly older ones. They still work great and I have fun using them.

But, I would like to see some new tech from them. They should get on board the home update option and, like Tnss said, cordless headphones.
January 16, 2020 07:32PM
I loved getting those catalogs in the mail!!!!

HH
Mike
January 16, 2020 07:35PM
The F75LTD is still near the top of machines today. Make it water proof, add more control features found on some newer machines, multi frequencies, and it would be hard to beat.
January 16, 2020 07:42PM
My experience in calling up a dealer to inquire about a Fisher product went flat pretty quick as the dealer quickly steered me away from what I was interested in and only what he was interested in selling me. He didn't get a sale from me that day even though I was ready to buy, nor will he every get a call back from me either.
January 16, 2020 08:23PM
I find nothing much to complain about in any previous post in this thread. FTP is doing the best that can with the resources they have available.

Their engineering staff, while sizable has to support the whole process of new product evolution from product conception, electronic and software design, mechanical design, procurement engineering, production line process engineering, plus support of continuing models which need improvements and modification often never publicly touted. This over a range of nearly 50 different products in recreational and hobby detecting plus a wide range of industrial metal detectors, leak detectors, line tracers etc. They also have two lines of night vision products.

They suffered a big disappointment when a multi year multi product development - once leaked as an advanced gold machine (Moscat) and a multifreaker (CZX) came to naught when final prototypes were found to be in sufficiently advanced compared to current products to not be worth future development funding.

They have recognized the changing marketplace where a “fast follower” (a technical term) from Turkey, operating with a huge cost advantage due to a nearly 50% drop in the value of the Turkish Lire, worked at a dizzying pace to bring modern units to market at shockingly competitive prices - although the machines themselves were evolutionary rather than revolutionary - these products were making big changes to expected detector pricing levels. FTP realized where this is going and has moved to slash prices on many existing models and to reposition existing detector platforms via the Ameritek/TekDirect program and moving product to the Bounty Hunter brand with its industry leading distribution power.

Of course all of us of forums are deaf to this stuff. We want the kind of breakthroughs that ML scored with the Equinox where both performance and price were stunners to the competition.

When will the classic Fisher and Teknetics brands get innovative new product - sadly, I have no visibility at all on that!! Wish I did.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2020 08:35PM by lytle78.
January 16, 2020 11:42PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> I loved getting those catalogs in the mail!!!!
>
> HH
> Mike

I loved getting the Sears catalog in the mail too when I was a kid. Seeing all the new Star Wars toys in the Christmas catalog, there was nothing better!

HH,
Cal
January 17, 2020 12:47AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:

> I loved getting the Sears catalog in the mail too
> when I was a kid. Seeing all the new Star Wars toy
> s in the Christmas catalog, there was nothing bett
> er!
>
> HH,
> Cal

Haha, we know the truth. You were sneaking peaks at the underwear and bathing suit models!

January 17, 2020 12:57AM
Wow Rick! That's kind of a FTP-crippling post. (((Especially from a technological advancement inability standpoint))).
January 17, 2020 01:55AM
Not really Tom. I have no visibility on their non Euroteam development progress or plans. I am simply commenting on the state of their market stance right now. How they got here is pretty clear from public information on which I based my summary. The cancellation of development of Mosca and CZX is old news,

To have any insight on what they are up to in El Paso, you would have to ask folks who know much more than me - and since they haven’t told me, perhaps the wouldn’t tell others - who knows.

One would expect waterproof successors to the F75, T2, etc. and new multifreaker models. I expect that, But I have no information releasable or otherwise on that subject.

There is no shortage of technical ability. The problem is to mobilize the talent and invention so that a product that makes a profit emerges at the other end. NASA has funding - small businesses (and all metal detector companies are small businesses) are one or two bad investment decisions away from oblivion. Care, caution and daring must be carefully balanced. Build the best and fail to sell it and you die - build a solid but perhaps not stellar product - match it well to buyer expectations - distribute it brilliantly - and voila - you make a profit and the business survives.

It ain’t all science -there is a lot of market savvy, hard work and planning and good luck involved.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2020 02:40AM by lytle78.
January 17, 2020 02:23AM
Fisher's motto/model has a history/reputation of releasing a stunning/stellar Flagship......about every decade. I can only hope they continue to follow this motto/model.
January 17, 2020 02:33PM
Mosca? They were calling it a "fly"? What a horrible name choice.

January 17, 2020 03:08PM
The leaked briefing which showed the two planned machines was in Eastern Europe - perhaps in Russian, it has better connotations!

Rick Kempf
January 17, 2020 04:22PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> The leaked briefing which showed the two planned m
> achines was in Eastern Europe - perhaps in Russian
> , it has better connotations!

Haha, ok I can see that.

January 18, 2020 12:41AM
Mr Rick -

You state - "FTP is doing the best that can with the resources they have available"

So are Minelab & Nokta-Makro, however it appears these two are 'in the game' so to speak

I do hope that you are not eluding to Minelab & N-M having more resources available to them than First Texas -

That would be alarming -

I am not picking on any manufacturer here but what has come out of the big three (Whites - Garrett - Fisher) over the last 5 or so years that would compete with, lets say a Simplex?

One more question which should be asked is how is N-M able to to this without having to use production lines in Asia and still beat the competition on price & build quality?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 18, 2020 01:02AM
"how is Nokta-Makro able to to this without having to use production lines in Asia and still beat the competition on price & build quality?"
Assuming that is a serious question:
According to this 'salary guide' website, the typical electronics engineer in Turkey earns 14300 Lira P.A. Let's assume NM's engineers are a cut above the average, and earn 30000 Lira P.A.
[www.payscale.com]
The US Dollar to Turkish Lira exchange rate is 5.9 Lira = 1 Dollar.
So a professional engineer earn the equivalent of about 5100 US Dollars P.A.
Their production line staff presumably earn one third to one half of this.

This is just pulled off the web, there may be a large variation depending on where in Turkey you work etc., the data may be out of date ...
January 18, 2020 01:10AM
Here’s more data on the subject above. [www.salaryexpert.com]

Really though the real question that needs to be asked and answered is how was FT able to significantly lower their unit prices to the public when the Nokta-Makro units and even Minelab EQX unit’s seems rolled out???
Folks may now realize where I am going with this. I’ll be nice here and not comment any further.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2020 01:14AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 18, 2020 02:42AM
It’s quite simple. A market for a certain product finds a certain balance between cost of product and price of product. If that balance is sufficiently positive in favor of the producer, they prosper, if it isn’t they disappear.

With the radical IMBALANCE in the hobbiest/treasure detector market, you can expect sharp re-adjustment in the pricing strategy of those who hope to continue to prosper. Good for us customers, tough for the producers.

When low wage producers of high quality goods enter the market (eg Turkey) with good marketing - it “sets the cat amongst the pigeons”.

Minelab was able to answer with a radical drop in the pricing of their product PLUS a groundbreaking value proposition in the form to the Equinox. Too bad for the CTX, and other legacy machines and the dealers who held stocks of them.

Whites and Garrett sit like deer in the headlights

FTP saw the writing on the wall and very early slashed prices on certain products and moved into new distribution avenues for others.

Remember, profit depends on volume of sales, price and cost of production. You need all three to hit the sweet spot to make a buck.

Rick Kempf
January 18, 2020 05:16AM
silverfiend Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I loved getting the Sears catalog in the mail to
> o
> > when I was a kid. Seeing all the new Star Wars t
> oy
> > s in the Christmas catalog, there was nothing be
> tt
> > er!
> >
> > HH,
> > Cal
>
> Haha, we know the truth. You were sneaking peaks at the underwear and bathing suit models!

I can neither confirm, nor deny these acquisitions, but this was pre Internet days, there weren't a lot of options back then in rural America eye rolling smiley
January 18, 2020 09:11AM
Make mine a Fisher F85 with the standard 11" coil a 6" round concentric coil a 5" DD coil and multithreading 5, 15, 25, 35, 45.

Jeff
January 18, 2020 03:22PM
Jeff...….. you may very well be on-target. But...… to clarify...…,,,,,,, what do you mean by "multithreading"?
January 18, 2020 04:36PM
Quote:"Make mine a Fisher F85 ....... and multithreading? 5, 15, 25, 35, 45. "
It will be an F90 if they can launch it before the end of 2021. And no need for so many freqs, two or three well-thought-out ones will be fine. 8kHz and 18kHz or thereabouts will cover most people's needs. (these are the 'core' freqs the Equinox runs at, probably for a good reason).