Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The new White’s GMX sport detector intro (Video)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The new White’s GMX sport detector intro (Video)
January 19, 2020 04:54PM
[m.youtube.com]

This video loaded to YouTube yesterday.

Btw don’t see this model listed here yet.
[www.whiteselectronics.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 05:00PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: The new White’s GMX sport detector intro (Video)
January 19, 2020 05:35PM
Detector model sneak peek here in this video starting at 3:00 mark.
[m.youtube.com]
January 19, 2020 10:18PM
You have got to be kidding right?

This is their advertisement for a new release?

Goodness me -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 19, 2020 11:16PM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have got to be kidding right?
>
> This is their advertisement for a new release?
>
> Goodness me -

Shocking part is seems one can preorder unit but it’s not on their site I don’t think.
Maybe I overlooked.

Looked here too. Been a long time since any video loaded by them to YouTube.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 11:23PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 20, 2020 01:10AM
Wow. White's knows how to hype up the excitement on their new gold detector! It's apparently a gold detector. It's new. It has two coils. And a waterproof headphone. So, go ahead and pre-order now!! That's all I needed to know. I'll take two, please!
January 20, 2020 03:27AM
Huh???????
January 20, 2020 03:46AM
Maybe White’s keeps the Eldorado finder detectors low keyed.
January 21, 2020 01:30AM
They must have put it on the website today. Not yet available...

[www.whiteselectronics.com]
January 21, 2020 02:12PM
WOW! Ground breaking a rebadged MX Soprt……..
January 21, 2020 02:21PM
It would be nice to see Whites come out with a killer detector for ole' times sake but even I have my doubts.
January 21, 2020 05:05PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> WOW! Ground breaking a rebadged MX Soprt……..

The GMX Sport is a rebadged 48 kHz Goldmaster 24K - a 24K stuffed in the MX Sport housing. All controls and performance are identical to the 24K and coils are interchangeable between the 24K and GMX. The Goldmaster 24K has so far had two coils available, a 6" x 10" DD and 6.5" round concentric. With the introduction of the GMX two more coils are being released, a 4" x 6" DD and 8" x 14" DD, expanding the range to four coils for both models. Again, the coils are interchangeable. White's Goldmaster GMX Sport Data & Specifications

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2020 06:52PM by Steve Herschbach.
January 22, 2020 06:19AM
So is there NOT one US manufacturer who wants to compete with Minelab / Nokta-Makro these days?

How sad is that?

I do not believe it is down to a lack of resources as someone has previously stated in another thread -

I think it is simply the result of shareholders dictating to the CEO's on who, what, when and how their products are produced to ensure maximum profits -

Therefore things are not as they seem and if i was a 'legend' engineer working within the industry, I would feel very uncomfortable about handing
my design ideas over to another country, lock, stock & barrel - wouldn't you?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 22, 2020 07:45AM
If I was still deeply involved with the hobby, And get out more often in gold country I’d probably get an GMX Sport. Mainly for the prospecting feature, plus the higher kHz is nice.

I still use the MX Sport, but only for its prospecting feature when relic hunting. Enjoy the iron staccato grunt sound, allows me to hunt without watching the meter assembly. In my ground, MX Sport prospecting mode is definitely deeper than relic more. SAT controls recovery speed, punches deep when lowering SAT yet has good recovery under tough soil conditions.

Bet the GMX Sport would make a good relic detector, hunt with prospecting mode boy that would be fun. Would need a larger coil though, looking forward to the reviews.

All the best for Whites, may they be successful in the future.
Paul
January 22, 2020 04:05PM
When the GoldMaster 24K was first released we were told they would also be providing a waterproof model. This is the promised waterproof model.

I don't understand all the negativity.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2020 04:11PM by Mike Hillis.
January 22, 2020 04:25PM
From a post above: “ I think it is simply the result of shareholders dictating to the CEO's on who, what, when and how their products are produced to ensure maximum profits - ”

Funny, there are 3 significant US detector makers, Garrett, Whites and First Texas. All are closely held corporations - they have NO SHAREHOLDERS outside the ownership - the CEO in each case is the majority shareholder.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 22, 2020 06:06PM
Come on Mike and Lyle, anything new coming out from anyone now must be revolutionary. HH jim tn
January 22, 2020 06:18PM
I like that they made the 24k waterproof. It's a great move for White's. I would like to try one.
January 22, 2020 06:31PM
It could be an interesting relic machine as well as a freshwater jewelry hunter! It is a classic example of an established company taking a legacy platform and re-packaging it in such a way that it opens to new applications.

Sometimes evolution beats revolution.

Rick Kempf
January 23, 2020 12:09AM
Mr Rick - all we have been hearing is excuses and gloss overs regarding US manufacturing - What is the actual hold up?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 23, 2020 01:40AM
Reckon from here on out. Make all supposed higher end detectors waterproof. Sounds like a worthy idea don’t it?
January 23, 2020 03:22AM
It has become “table stakes” for the upper mid to pro range. Problem is it needs new case design (a few hundred thousand $) and as Carl Moreland explained long ago about doing a waterproof TDI, there are serious issues of heat disappation with cramming an existing platform in a new tight case.

Lots of work for detector engineers!

Rick Kempf
January 23, 2020 04:24PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> It could be an interesting relic machine as well a
> s a freshwater jewelry hunter! It is a classic exa
> mple of an established company taking a legacy pla
> tform and re-packaging it in such a way that it op
> ens to new applications.
>
> Sometimes evolution beats revolution.

Hello Rick,

My thoughts exactly, the new Whites GMX may be a good relic machine and definitely a good freshwater jewelry hunter.

I see a lot of positive reviews with the Equinox, and granted well deserved. I have an Equinox, and use it for the strengths it has. Same as the Whites MX Sport, use it for its strengths. Between the two, I prefer MX Sport prospecting mode over the Equinox Gold modes. The MX Sport audio with prospecting mode is definitely better, more informative.

With the new waterproof Whites GMX, Prospecting mode will be terrific in fresh water for gold jewelry hunting. A user purchasing an GMX, is getting two maybe three machines in one (relic/freshwater jewelry/gold nugget) detector.

Good to see Whites still in the game, I personally hope to see Whites, Garrett and Fisher have great success in the coming years ahead.

HH, Paul
January 23, 2020 04:38PM
Heard that Garrett has a new one that will probably be released in the near future. No details about it. Speculation is that it is a new flagship for them.