Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Still swinging the T2

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Still swinging the T2
January 25, 2020 09:40PM

Been hunting a Confederate campsite real hard and slow the last 5 or 6 hunts. The site has been used as a trash dump for many years so its pretty tuff and slow going. On top of that it’s in fairly thick woods with vines and man eating briars.Targets are deep. Not many that I’ve dug so far have been less than 9 inches deep. Some have been at the 11” mark. Using the T2 with stock coil. Sensitivity mostly at 75 using BP mode, disc at 10. Ground balances in high 50s to mid 60s. 2 and 3 bar dirt.
Thanks for looking
Re: Still swinging the T2
January 25, 2020 10:23PM
I still think the T2 is a fantastic metal detector - Easy to use - very well balanced and feels great in the hand - Love the tones & it's deep - thank you for sharing

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 25, 2020 10:31PM
Everyone said the T2 is just about like the F75, is that true? just a few settings difference , The price is much lower on the T2. Can you help clear this up? Thanks Dean
January 26, 2020 12:09AM
Bunch of nice finds there, Bill. That B P mode on the T 2 and F 75 is a real boon for woods hunting when one must swing with the coil above the ground do to brush. I use the mode 100 % when woods hunting with my F 75. They may be old, but still plenty good at finding. HH jim tn
January 26, 2020 12:38AM
For woods hunting. The newer F75 dst units. Remember air gap above ground lacking for actual detection vs original units. See this link - info is on this page actually.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Don’t think I have seen where a T2 dst unit was tested and documented here on this forum.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2020 12:41AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 26, 2020 02:15AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For woods hunting. The newer F75 dst units. Reme
> mber air gap above ground lacking for actual detec
> tion vs original units. See this link - info is o
> n this page actually.
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,4402,page=13
>
> Don’t think I have seen where a T2 dst unit was te
> sted and documented here on this forum.

You just saw it
January 26, 2020 12:27PM
TNSS, having owned and used all F 75 versions, I know that the LTD version had a better air gap then the LTD2 DST. I find there still to be some air gap advantage with the LTD2 DST and the B P mode in general adds a slight depth advantage. HH jim tn