Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT PRO users are you intimidated by the Equinox?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: AT PRO users are you intimidated by the Equinox?
February 09, 2020 01:42PM
kevin nc I dont need or make money from metal detecting companies......All this alluding to some one wanting to be sponsored.....well I have been sponsored (free gear)but opted out of that when the company from France decided that you could use only their detectors. I also have received (detectors ) from Nokta Makro …..I have gleaned this from my experience with that. I will not be sponsored by any one company as it puts you in a bad situation to say anything negative. I have NEVER received anything from minelab.....and I promote that detector.. BECAUSE it is good!!

As for the why....I have used all three detectors and tested them against each other extensively ….. I promote the two over the one so others who so desire can up their game with a better performing detector or detectors......These are not just my opinions they are based on usage and actual test....

As for you ole woody claiming a three tone machine has better audio than the Equinox well just shows your hand.....THAT YOU NEVER LEARNED THE AUDIO OF THE EQUINOX in two weeks before you sold it !! My guess is you bought the detector so you could talk about it....

That is what is wrong with the Hoover Boys.....They can not be critical of a garrett…...AT MAX IS A DOG IN IRON!! Cut the iron audio on and run around a iron patch for three hours!! Have some advil on hand.

JIM TN your exactly the person I am not talking to in my videos.....Like I said there is a group who could care less and dont mind swinging a subpar performing detector......BUT you be the first to criticize the people or person who does. WITHOUT having the slightest bit of knowledge of what your talking about..

Man talking about three detectors he has used extensively and others saying he has no clue what he is talking about when he talks about how they stack up against each other....and THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ALL THREE detectors much less learned all three of them...

THAT IS ABOUT THE HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE!!!!
February 09, 2020 01:45PM
Well Jim,
Lots of folks on here point out advantages/their opinions of how Detectors compare. Even the OWNER of this forum.

Just look around and read.

When folks read this forum or any forum all the info weighed together one can draw their own conclusion.

God given right you mention? Maybe not.
How about being in USA a constitutional right ? Sounds about right to me.

So folks can read texts here, look at posted pics, looked at posted video and make up their OWN minds as to the equipment they want to buy, use, etc for metal detecting.

Wonder if all threads on this forum just showed finds?
Or said this or that detector is no better or worse than detector X or Y?
If the answers to the above questions were Yes, then why even have detecting forum?
Naturally all this is just my opinion.
Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 01:47PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 09, 2020 01:48PM
A $150 Garrett ace 200 or a $2200 Minelab CTX 3030 ...... They both will find you treasure......... it's just a hobby .......go have fun.........I do have to agree with tnsharpshooter post .......... Garrett's AT Pro turned The Detecting hobby upside down.

while all the other manufactures sat on the sidelines .............. it took years, not months ........before the other manufactures could come up with anything to compete with the AT Pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 01:55PM by Rob in (ca).
February 09, 2020 02:02PM
Rob in (ca) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A $150 Garrett ace 200 or a $2200 Minelab CTX 3030
> ...... They both will find you treasure.........
> it's just a hobby .......go have fun.........I do
> have to agree with tnsharpshooter post ..........
> Garrett's AT Pro turned The Detecting hobby upsid
> e down.
>
> while all the other manufactures sat on the sideli
> nes .............. it took years, not months ...
> .....before the other manufactures could come up w
> ith anything to compete with the AT Pro.

Bingo Rob.

I could also make a another case here.
Why did it take so long for a detector manufacturer to make a more smart phone looking (digital) detector like Xp Deus? Deus came out a long time ago, Again Xp rode a huge wave for a long time because other manufacturers wouldn’t challenge Xp.
[www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com]

Ps
Remember who previously labeled Deus as cute little French thingy? By them doing a tell all. Xp beat em like a drum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 02:12PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 09, 2020 03:13PM
jim tn Wrote:
> I am truly amazed every time this topic comes up a
> nd wonder why anybody would care two hoots what de
> tector someone else was swinging and think it is t
> heir God given right to convince others that the d
> etector those others are swinging is an inferior d
> evice. Is someone p o'ed because they didn't get s
> ponsored and or free merchandise? I just don't get
> it!
>
> I have an A T Pro along with a few other detectors
> , none of which that are an Equinox, and I simply
> enjoy using it from time to time. I am pretty sure
> , though, that the Equinox is a better detector, a
> lthough my hunting buddy has one and doesn't out h
> unt me, but I just enjoy using currently what I ha
> ve and could care less that I am using a inferior
> device. So why should someone else care? For those
> of you that do, get a life! HH jim tn

Well said and agreed Jim.
February 09, 2020 03:41PM
TNSS and Cal, you make good points. And no, I haven't even tried the Deus or Equinox let alone strived to learn them simply because I haven't wanted to try them. If that, however, THAT IS ABOUT THE HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE, then my silver coin recoveries of nicely over 100 annually for well over a decade along with numerous silver jewelry pieces and a few gold rings makes me pretty ignorant, I guess. And those who know me can vouch for these numbers.

I highly suspect that a Equinox might well be in my future. But, until it is I will just plod along enjoying what I currently swing and stay ignorant. HH jim tn
February 09, 2020 03:49PM
The Hoover Boys do a different type channel. They are just a hunting channel. Yes, Garrett sponsors them and they use their products but you never hear them dissing other brands or detectors, and you also never hear them pushing Garrett stuff over all the others either. They hunt with people quite often that use other machines...and show their finds as well. If you watch them regularly like I do, there are times when the other guys with non Garrett machines make the best and most finds. In fact, Brad use to regularly dominate the finds board when he swung the F75. I feel if they were being 100% Garrett and anti everything else, then they wouldn't ever show those clips or hunts. They also do a different kind of hunting than what a lot do...they dig everything non ferrous. That's a big reason why they find a lot of stuff more so than the average Joe. All they concern themselves with is...is it iron or non iron. They don't say "well it's not beeping in the 80s so its probably junk, better move along"...that's what a lot of people will do and why some don't like machines that wont lock onto the ID. If you're digging it all that beeps non iron, it don't matter but you would think that style of hunting should open people's eyes as to the coins and neat relics that often DON'T give the textbook air test values/numbers. Those are the ones that the cherry pickers miss and there's a bunch of em in the ground.

The Nox is a good machine but it still will miss stuff too. The key is finding the machines that best suit what type hunting you're doing and use them as tools. For me right now, the Tarsacci is dominating the Nox. But that's because I recognize the weaker area of the Nox and just reach for the tool that is stronger in that area. Just like in bass fishing...you can make a case that all you need is a Texas rigged soft plastic worm and that it will outfish other baits, etc etc but there are times when a crankbait or spinnerbait, or some other lure will dominate too.
February 10, 2020 01:30AM
Calabash, as I've said before, my test garden has twice the amount of time in this hobbie as you do.If you really want to get a point across try another way cause the videos aren't working. I don't think Hollywood does 25 takes..lol
February 10, 2020 01:20PM
Ole Woody ….That is really ashamed .....You have twice the amount of time in this hobby as I do and still like a lot of others dont know crap about metal detectors or metal detecting.....eye rolling smiley
February 10, 2020 02:29PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Ole Woody ….That is really ashamed .....You have t
> wice the amount of time in this hobby as I do and
> still like a lot of others dont know crap about me
> tal detectors or metal detecting.....eye rolling smiley

I wouldn't say that I know more than you, or less than you.All I'm saying is your videos are not as educational as they are rebellious..Us guys on the forums aren't the ones seeking advice, it's the newcomers who travel to YouTube for info. Your videos are so hell bent on proving somthing to us here in these forums that you've forgotton the educational part where you could actually help somone who's not on the forums,but who are on YouTube looking into the hobbie. Just somthing to think about outside the forum.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 03:15PM by Woodbutcher.
February 10, 2020 03:07PM
OUCH !!
February 10, 2020 09:28PM
what do you mean INTIMIDATED, I have an ATPro because I can afford it, I can't afford a nox 6 or 8 because I bought a Etrac and a Excal11 right before the nox came out and having 9 detectors still, the wife ain't going to let me get another one, sure I'd like a nox, maybe in a few years, but after paying off my daughter school loans, and ready to retire, the money ain't flowing in, unless I hit another cashe , I think it's cost, the market was just flooded with new machines good and bad
February 10, 2020 10:22PM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ole Woody ….That is really ashamed .....You have
> t
> > wice the amount of time in this hobby as I do an
> d
> > still like a lot of others dont know crap about
> me
> > tal detectors or metal detecting.....eye rolling smiley
>
>
> I wouldn't say that I know more than you, or less
> than you.All I'm saying is your videos are not as
> educational as they are rebellious..Us guys on the
> forums aren't the ones seeking advice, it's the ne
> wcomers who travel to YouTube for info. Your video
> s are so hell bent on proving somthing to us here
> in these forums that you've forgotton the educatio
> nal part where you could actually help somone who'
> s not on the forums,but who are on YouTube looking
> into the hobbie. Just somthing to think about outs
> ide the forum.

OLE WOODY JUST BECAUSE your on a forum and have had a detector for twenty years doesnt automatically make you a metal detector expert...….OH that's right its only the new comers who need help.....that is what is wrong with this forum (the detecting elite) …...It used to be a one man Southern show around here till some new comers showed up and leveled the playing field and started calling BS....and asking questions....

Your another one of those guys who sit around and tell others what they need to do....
February 10, 2020 10:50PM
calabash your unprovoked attack on Keith Southern shows what kind of lowlife you really are.Keith is a gentleman and you are a big mouth blow hard. Keith provided more interesting and informative information than you in your quest for relevance,which you will Never achieve,will ever do. Again you are nothing but a big mouth blow hard.
February 10, 2020 11:05PM
It’s funny how some folks post here and on Steve H’s forum and their content is SO different here than there. Wish I could figure out why.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 10, 2020 11:12PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Woodbutcher Wrote:
> -----
> > calabash digger Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Ole Woody ….That is really ashamed .....You ha
> ve
> > t
> > > wice the amount of time in this hobby as I do
> an
> > d
> > > still like a lot of others dont know crap abou
> t
> > me
> > > tal detectors or metal detecting.....eye rolling smiley
> >
> >
> > I wouldn't say that I know more than you, or les
> s
> > than you.All I'm saying is your videos are not a
> s
> > educational as they are rebellious..Us guys on t
> he
> > forums aren't the ones seeking advice, it's the
> ne
> > wcomers who travel to YouTube for info. Your vid
> eo
> > s are so hell bent on proving somthing to us her
> e
> > in these forums that you've forgotton the educat
> io
> > nal part where you could actually help somone wh
> o'
> > s not on the forums,but who are on YouTube looki
> ng
> > into the hobbie. Just somthing to think about ou
> ts
> > ide the forum.
>
> OLE WOODY JUST BECAUSE your on a forum and have ha
> d a detector for twenty years doesnt automatically
> make you a metal detector expert...….OH that's rig
> ht its only the new comers who need help.....that
> is what is wrong with this forum (the detecting el
> ite) …...It used to be a one man Southern show aro
> und here till some new comers showed up and levele
> d the playing field and started calling BS....and
> asking questions....
>
> Your another one of those guys who sit around and
> tell others what they need to do....

And to think I welcomed you when you showed up over here!-----You leave my friend Keith out of this--he's done nothing to you.----Plus the fact he has forgotten more about detectors & detecting than you will ever know.----And no---he is not one of us "ole fogeys" that you keep raving about--but a comparatively young man that is VERY knowledgable.----Why do you say ill about him???-----I agree with some of the things you say but this is not one of them.----It was a cheap shot on your part & VERY dirty.--------Del
February 10, 2020 11:23PM
Del, jealously knows no bounds. HH jim tn
February 10, 2020 11:24PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Woodbutcher Wrote:
> -----
> --
> > -----
> > > Ole Woody ….That is really ashamed .....You ha
> ve
> > t
> > > wice the amount of time in this hobby as I do
> an
> > d
> > > still like a lot of others dont know crap abou
> t
> > me
> > > tal detectors or metal detecting.....eye rolling smiley
> >
> >
> > I wouldn't say that I know more than you, or les
> s
> > than you.All I'm saying is your videos are not a
> s
> > educational as they are rebellious..Us guys on t
> he
> > forums aren't the ones seeking advice, it's the
> ne
> > wcomers who travel to YouTube for info. Your vid
> eo
> > s are so hell bent on proving somthing to us her
> e
> > in these forums that you've forgotton the educat
> io
> > nal part where you could actually help somone wh
> o'
> > s not on the forums,but who are on YouTube looki
> ng
> > into the hobbie. Just somthing to think about ou
> ts
> > ide the forum.
>
> OLE WOODY JUST BECAUSE your on a forum and have ha
> d a detector for twenty years doesnt automatically
> make you a metal detector expert...….OH that's rig
> ht its only the new comers who need help.....that
> is what is wrong with this forum (the detecting el
> ite) …...It used to be a one man Southern show aro
> und here till some new comers showed up and levele
> d the playing field and started calling BS....and
> asking questions....
>
> Your another one of those guys who sit around and
> tell others what they need to do....

Truth is calabash, you'd be in my way on a good site..Id be hoping the whole time you'd step on one of those rusty nails and got lockjaw.lol.
I mean, your nuts. Flat out insane .. Not sure who stroked your ego but if I were you I'd be pissed cause they made a joke out of your analogy.
Your banned from a few sites just for the nonsense your doing here , and you got yourself to blame for that..But I'll step back cause if you don't see the wagons circling you need glasses...Right now your a rotten apple and I'm damn sure getting outta the basket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 02:31AM by Woodbutcher.
February 10, 2020 11:27PM
Keith is a big boy he can defend himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 07:53PM by u2robert.
February 10, 2020 11:46PM
I suspect Keith has better things to do than to “wrassle” with someone who runs to blinding flashes of run-away ego and gratuitous insults of folks with solid forum reputations - folks who he has never met or engaged with on the forums.

No, we have had our ups and downs on this forum over the years - hopefully this too shall pass (I think I know a bit about passing after recent urinary episodes!!!).

CBash - I am sure you want no tips from me, but with your enthusiasm and access to unhunted sites dating back to colonial periods, you could easily make solid and lasting contributions to the forum. Give us some of that and less of the “other” - please.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 01:47PM by lytle78.
February 10, 2020 11:46PM
You come on MAN.----Keith isn't even around anymore to see this b.s.----Mostly because of the antics of a few.---Unfortunate for us as he is a real asset to this great hobby.-----Del----u2robert Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> -----
> --
> > -----
> > > Woodbutcher Wrote:
> > > ----------------------------------------------
> --
> > --
> > > -----
> > > > calabash digger Wrote:
> > > > --------------------------------------------
> --
> > --
> > > --
> > > > -----
> > > > > Ole Woody ….That is really ashamed .....Yo
> u
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > ha
> > > ve
> > > > t
> > > > > wice the amount of time in this hobby as I
> d
> > o
> > > an
> > > > d
> > > > > still like a lot of others dont know crap
> ab
> > ou
> > > t
> > > > me
> > > > > tal detectors or metal detecting.....eye rolling smiley
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn't say that I know more than you, or
> l
> > es
> > > s
> > > > than you.All I'm saying is your videos are n
> ot
> > a
> > > s
> > > > educational as they are rebellious..Us guys
> on
> > t
> > > he
> > > > forums aren't the ones seeking advice, it's
> th
> > e
> > > ne
> > > > wcomers who travel to YouTube for info. Your
> v
> > id
> > > eo
> > > > s are so hell bent on proving somthing to us
> h
> > er
> > > e
> > > > in these forums that you've forgotton the ed
> uc
> > at
> > > io
> > > > nal part where you could actually help somon
> e
> > wh
> > > o'
> > > > s not on the forums,but who are on YouTube l
> oo
> > ki
> > > ng
> > > > into the hobbie. Just somthing to think abou
> t
> > ou
> > > ts
> > > > ide the forum.
> > >
> > > OLE WOODY JUST BECAUSE your on a forum and hav
> e
> > ha
> > > d a detector for twenty years doesnt automatic
> al
> > ly
> > > make you a metal detector expert...….OH that's
> r
> > ig
> > > ht its only the new comers who need help.....t
> ha
> > t
> > > is what is wrong with this forum (the detectin
> g
> > el
> > > ite) …...It used to be a one man Southern show
> a
> > ro
> > > und here till some new comers showed up and le
> ve
> > le
> > > d the playing field and started calling BS....
> an
> > d
> > > asking questions....
> > >
> > > Your another one of those guys who sit around
> an
> > d
> > > tell others what they need to do....
> >
> > And to think I welcomed you when you showed up o
> ve
> > r here!-----You leave my friend Keith out of thi
> s-
> > -he's done nothing to you.----Plus the fact he h
> as
> > forgotten more about detectors & detecting than
> yo
> > u will ever know.----And no---he is not one of u
> s
> > "ole fogeys" that you keep raving about--but a c
> om
> > paratively young man that is VERY knowledgable.-
> --
> > -Why do you say ill about him???-----I agree wit
> h
> > some of the things you say but this is not one o
> f
> > them.----It was a cheap shot on your part & VERY
> d
> > irty.--------Del
>
> Come on man Keith is a big boy he can defend hims
> elf.
February 11, 2020 12:49AM
Calabash...….. you've gone too far. Bashing detectors that folks 'pride'...… is one (unwelcome) thing. Firing direct shots at folks...…... is fatal.
Final warning. Cease-and-desist.
February 11, 2020 01:51AM
OK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 07:54PM by u2robert.
February 11, 2020 03:36AM
For anyone who cares.
Keith was looking at this forum I believe couple days ago.
His name popped up on the bottom for online users.
First I had seen of it in a while.
See here.
Shows last activity.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Cheers.

Ps
I’m not Sherlock Holmes. Just observant.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 03:41AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 11, 2020 09:51AM
<Calabash stated < .It used to be a one man Southern show around here till some new comers showed up and leveled the playing field and started calling BS....and asking questions....

You didn't level up with Keith, or.... push him off his perch. We put him on that upper perch because he is a highly experienced and knowledgeable detectorist and a humble southern gentleman....honest as the day is long.

You did however take my place in the "brash" category...knocked me right out of position.....Tom D. called me brash a few years ago and I was happy to even have a rank on this fine forum, named by the man himself. I sure as heck cant compete on the tech side of things or detector wisdom....now I have no rank because of you. Maybe I'll try for the "funny" department....or the ball busting department....I can be really good at that....

Personally, from what I'm use to, you are a normal guy to me. One who likes to get reactions from people. You feed off that kind of stuff....I think it's amusing....IF,.. you are not really serious about some of the things you say. When you made that statement,.. I took it as 'tongue in cheek'....dang!, just realized you have the ball busting department too.

No worries, I'll find a place to fit in, here.
February 11, 2020 01:21PM
Finding stuff is always fun. No doubt about it. But as the years went by I have come to realize that was low on the priority list. Meeting people. Detecting with my dad when I was kid. The beautiful houses I was privalaged to detect at. The bikini bunnies on the beach. The wildlife I saw while out detecting. The finds were cool, but they just don't hold up to the other stuff. A lot of talking about the Hoover Boys and their detectors. But the one thing everyone seems to not mention is their obvious friendship. This Hobby needs more of that.
February 11, 2020 06:15PM
I consider myself a very successful and accomplished detectorist with many years of finds that are way above average for my detecting area/location. That being said I will never rise to the level of expertise that old calabash likes to believe he has attained lol.
Some of my best detecting moments were made so much better by being able to share them with a detecting buddy. Having what you think is the latest greatest machine will never rank up there with true friendship and camaraderie .
February 11, 2020 07:18PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Calabash...….. you've gone too far. Bashing detec
> tors that folks 'pride'...… is one (unwelcome) thi
> ng. Firing direct shots at folks...…... is fatal.
> Final warning. Cease-and-desist.

I vote kick him off. He doesn't deserve a second chance after that post.

Tom Z
February 11, 2020 10:30PM
The guy has great enthusiasm and access to some very prime sites where it seems no detectors have been. With that kind of basis, a person could make some real contributions to the collective experience and knowledge of this forum and others - and guess what he HAS!. I am talking about Keith Southern of course. In Keith’s case you need to add many years of dedicated study and experiment with many dozens of different detectors.

This other guy has the enthusiasm and the sites. Now if he gets over his need to put down people and things which displease him, he could grow to be a valued and respected contributor.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 10:54PM by lytle78.
February 13, 2020 11:09AM
I took a long break from this forum because of the constant "my way or the highway" attitude of the OP. Just got sick and tired of this guy, I come back to see if this site is back to being a productive, positive place where we can discuss this great hobby, and what do I see? This guy is still on his never ending rant about other people's equipment choices. Maybe I'll check back next year, Maybe not.