Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which Fisher CZ Do I Keep?

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which Fisher CZ Do I Keep?
February 10, 2020 01:05AM
I have a NASA Tom certified CZ3D and a CZ5. Both are in excellent condition. The CZ5 is a little deeper, but it only has 3 audio tones whereas the CZ3D has 4 audio tones. The CZ5 does better at parks with modern trash, but the CZ3D does a better job of finding older deeper nickels. Both are GREAT at finding deep silver coins and handling EMI. I DON'T need both! Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. I don't know how to post pictures here without having to go through another site (I'm done with Photobucket), so I'll just do it this way. LINK

tabman
Re: Which Fisher CZ Do I Keep?
February 10, 2020 02:41AM
You should keep the 3d & sell me the cz5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 02:11AM by u2robert.
February 10, 2020 03:09AM
Yep, hold on to that validated 1021.
Great machine.
February 10, 2020 03:46AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, hold on to that validated 1021.
> Great machine.

+1
February 10, 2020 11:14AM
Which one would you choose? If it's a toss up, flip a coin. I would keep the 3d if it is a 1021 and gets over 11" on a dime.
February 10, 2020 11:40AM
Sounds like between the two of them you have everything covered, keep both of them.
February 10, 2020 01:27PM
I to Have the certified cz3d and the cz5...just sold a cz7a pro..keeping the other two...but if it come down to it..I would keep thecz3d..It's a little better machine. Kevin
February 10, 2020 06:18PM
I was hoping that people would say to keep the CZ5 since it's deeper and sell the CZ3D. The CZ3D 1021 certified by Tom didn't come cheaply and I could recoup some of my money. I took a chance on purchasing the lower cost CZ5, but it turns out that it works great and is even a little deeper than the CZ3D. I'd be happy with either one because I've found several barber dimes with them at sites that have been pounded to death. If I didn't have so many damn detectors, I'd keep both.

tabman
February 11, 2020 10:16AM
I have a CZ5 but it only gets a dime at 8 inches in an air test...it is the Lobo build ,any advice would be appreciated ...I am in the UK...Cheers.
February 11, 2020 12:09PM
All CZ5s are Los Banos made. It should do better than that for sure. Some you need to run Sens. up past 4.8 if you can. I had a CZ5 I could run wide open and it would not false at all. If I had a hot CZ5 I would hold on to it as not many left anymore.
February 11, 2020 05:45PM
Pick the one that falses on iron the least.

I like the way the CZ5 looks with the old knobs better than the CZ-3D, but I like the 4 tone audio of the CZ3D better than the 3 tone audio of the CZ5.

Hard choice.

HH
Mike
February 11, 2020 06:20PM
Damn my luck, I ended up with a super hot CZ5 and a NASA Tom certified 1021 CZ3D @ 11.9 inches. I'm still setting on the fence trying to decide. It looks like I'm going to have to spend some more time in the field with both detectors before deciding. That's my NEXT task at hand. Thanks for all the help everyone.

tabman
February 12, 2020 11:51AM
Wouldn’t cz3d model be worth more potentially down the road??? That’s the one I would keep. And if 3D isTom tuned adds value as well.
Cheers.
February 24, 2020 05:06PM
I decided to keep the CZ5 and sell or trade the CZ3D. They're both great detectors but I don't need both. I hope that I don't regret this! Pictures

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2020 05:20PM by tabman.
February 24, 2020 08:34PM
Tabman,

Roger That.
February 25, 2020 08:44AM
Keep both. You can never have too many metal detectors. That is a life fact.