Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Tarsacci MDT 8000 was STOLEN!angry smiley

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Tarsacci MDT 8000 was STOLEN!angry smiley
February 17, 2020 06:04PM
Sometime in last 10 days someone broke into my truck and stole my Tarsacci MDT 8000 with serial number 23. Thanks to the last person that drove it (won't mention her name) and didn't lock the doors after using they could just help themselves. I have a work truck so don't drive it often so didn't know it was missing until I wanted to use it yesterday. Please keep eyes open for it to show up. Its so unique it has to turn up sometime. Police report made so if it hits the pawn shops they will contact me. I'm heading to the county north and make a report in case they try to pawn it there if they will let me. Will be posting on FB MD sites.
I still have my trusty E Trac but you know that once you go carbon black you can't go back! Needless to say I am just sick. Can turn in on home owners but want to wait for awhile and see if it turns up. Will be having cameras installed now. Reward offered for the person that did this so justice can be administered! lol
Re: My Tarsacci MDT 8000 was STOLEN!angry smiley
February 17, 2020 06:10PM
I'm all the Facebook classifieds and all the forum classifieds, I will keep an eye out. I would be pissed and sick at the same time if that happened to me. Where are you located?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2020 06:11PM by Dan(NM).
February 17, 2020 06:15PM
What state do you live in?
February 17, 2020 06:25PM
Too bad.
I’ll watch around on forums, etc.
February 17, 2020 07:18PM
Should be easy to spot if someone tries to sell it, very unique machine.
February 17, 2020 08:05PM
John...….Wow. Dimitar and I will keep an eye out for SN 00023. You have an earlier unit...… and should be easy to spot...…. IF someone reports in on this unit.
February 17, 2020 08:41PM
I could make a joke about the warranty.... but this is pretty serious. I’ve had my house broken into and my Jeep doors taken in my driveway. I know that sick feeing. Going to be a hard one to get rid of if we all watch out for it. Sorry man
February 17, 2020 10:18PM
Keep searching craigslist.
February 17, 2020 11:59PM
There is a phone app called "Offer Up" that is also home to a lot of stolen merchandise, I just saw an article about it the other day.
February 18, 2020 12:06AM
It is rare that a used one comes up for sale...……..soooooo………… there is indeed a chance that someone (we) may 'catch' it!
February 18, 2020 04:07AM
Really sorry to hear this, I sure hope it turns up. I’ve been periodically checking on eBay for the past few months see if anyone was selling their MDT and still haven’t seen one. That will be a hard machine move on the internet with out attention. Coincidentally, I have SN #00024.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 11:01AM by Aaron.
February 18, 2020 02:57PM
If you happen to see someone using a Tarsacci, go up and say that you have one too. Then ask whether he got the new version or the older version. Tell him that the way you can tell is by the number on the sticker. If he says 23, go park your car behind his so that he can't leave. Then call the cops.

Edit - Correction, the Serial number is on the start-up screen. My mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 09:21PM by Badger in NH.
February 18, 2020 03:11PM
All the units serial #’s are going to be on the start up screen.
February 18, 2020 04:56PM
That guy Monte (I think he is on this forum) who post a lot on Findmall had his vehicle broken into and had a few detectors stolen a year or two ago. If I got the story straight, the detectors were posted on Craigslist and the police were called. The police said they couldn't do anything or something like that. Let's hope the Tarsacci makes it back to its owner. I sold mine and at times regret selling it.
February 18, 2020 05:18PM
Create a Google alert - it's fast & free. If you don't know how, a quick online search or Youtube video will provide an easy explanation.

A Google alert is any word or phrases of your choosing: green apples, broken clock, Tarsacci metal detector, Tarsacci detector for sale, etc. Whenever this word or phrase is posted anywhere across the web (once you have an alert set up), you're instantaneously notified of it via email.

It works well for situations like this, in addition to countless others, and prevents you from manually having to do as much legwork.
February 18, 2020 05:20PM
Good one Joe!
February 18, 2020 07:06PM
Good to know, thanks!
February 18, 2020 09:17PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the units serial #’s are going to be on the st
> art up screen.

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot. I knew that. My mistake.

You would think I would have known that having just checked my own number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 09:34PM by Badger in NH.
February 18, 2020 09:30PM
My guess is that the thief will use it for a year or two before selling it. It is a metal detector after all. The hobby that pays for itself with the promise of finding treasure.
February 18, 2020 09:46PM
If the thief is an addict, it will be back on the market quickly. Maybe a pawn shop, maybe a local fence, trade it etc...They may sell it out of town away from the heat.
February 18, 2020 11:00PM
The thief may try to contact the company to get a operator's manual?

Give them a heads up just in case.
February 18, 2020 11:59PM
Like most operator manuals it is readily available online. All you have to do is Google it.
February 19, 2020 05:00AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> If you happen to see someone using a Tarsacci, go
> up and say that you have one too. Then ask whether
> he got the new version or the older version. Tell
> him that the way you can tell is by the number on
> the sticker. If he says 23, go park your car behin
> d his so that he can't leave. Then call the cops.
>
> Edit - Correction, the Serial number is on the sta
> rt-up screen. My mistake.

Don't box a druggie in while you wait for the cops
a detector not worth getting killed for.
follow & report.
February 19, 2020 07:37AM
Sorry to hear the bad news John, this is everyone’s nightmare. Someone here mentioned Craigslist, that’s probably a good area to keep your eyes on. Stay positive, it may surface and if it does be careful approaching the individual trying to sell it.

I once left a Periscope Probe on the roof of my pickup , drove off and someone found it. Places it on Craigslist for sale, I contracted the seller and mentioned I’d like to purchase the pinpointer. We meet at a nearby town, once we were together and with the pi pinpointer in my hands opened up the battery door and showed him the numbers matched my original receipt. He quickly says take it, and mentions he found it. So I gave him $50 bucks for his trouble, least I could do.

Just be careful, stay positive hopefully it surfaces.

Good luck,
Paul
February 19, 2020 02:00PM
I find it amusing that so many people think the thief is going to be using the detector. Thieves are after cash and things they can sell for cash or trade for drugs. This will turn up in a pawn shop, or craigslist. If its a stupid thief it will turn up locally, if he has two brain cells to rub together it will go out of town or out of state.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
February 19, 2020 02:14PM
Sad to hear. Maybe YOU should put a wanted to buy metal detector ads out there. Maybe he will contact YOU. Hope you get it back.
February 19, 2020 02:52PM
silverfiend Wrote:
> I find it amusing that so many people think the th
> ief is going to be using the detector. Thieves ar
> e after cash and things they can sell for cash or
> trade for drugs. This will turn up in a pawn shop
> , or craigslist. If its a stupid thief it will tu
> rn up locally, if he has two brain cells to rub to
> gether it will go out of town or out of state.

I will admit that I stole a few things when I was young. Not much really. I thought about it more than actually doing it. One thing worth mentioning though is that I never stole or was tempted to steal stuff to sell. I only wanted things I could use. A metal detector would be a pretty cool item to have if you couldn't afford to buy one. I can definitely see the thief using it. Of course, a lot depends on the neighborhood where it was stolen and the general area. If it is a high crime low-income area, then the thief will likely try to sell it. If it is a suburban or rural type of place with lots of places to detect, he might be more likely to use it. Metal detectors are well known for finding valuable things worth a lot more than the detector itself. That's what I would be thinking if I had stolen it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2020 03:07PM by Badger in NH.
OBN
February 19, 2020 03:57PM
Sorry to hear, and I would be sick also. A few years ago Casper had his stolen..think it was a couple CZ21's...They turned up in a few months. He did get them back also.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
February 19, 2020 04:59PM
The Google alert is a good idea. List the Tarsacci but also list a charger for a EBL 5000mAH battery. If they put it up for sale maybe you will get an alert. If they keep it maybe they will try and buy a charger. Good luck and let us know what happens. Really sux.
February 21, 2020 09:54PM
Thanks everyone.. I'm working on all angles but I feel it will turn up (optimistic) but when is the million dollar question. I wasn't the only vehicle hit in the neighborhood. We got too comfortable and let our guard down. Lesson learned. Shame have to be on guard but sign of the times. This is a port town and drugs are a problem here as elsewhere. Nothing from police yet. I will make a claim with homeowners before the season starts again. All I had to do is swing the E Trac for awhile and I really miss # 23.
My next one will have a Tile on it so I can trace it. I will keep you guys up to speed when I know something.