Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm Looking To Buy A Deeptech Vista X

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm Looking To Buy A Deeptech Vista X
February 19, 2020 12:13AM
I've got WAY too many detectors, but I'm thinking about getting a Vista X. I need to sell some detectors or do some trading unless I run across a good deal that I don't want to lose out on. Shoot me a PM if you have one.

tabman
Re: I'm Looking To Buy A Deeptech Vista X
February 19, 2020 12:21AM
I waited forever for one to show up used, finally caved in. Mine quickly has almost become my favorite machine. In one week I've pulled 3 rings, one of which was a giant honker of a college class ring, 1 silver pendant, 1918 merc, two buffs, and the usual assortment of relics, clad, cool stuff.

I don't want to swing anything else I like it that much. I run the disk at just above foil until I get tired, then I bump the disk up to reject zincs and cherry pick like crazy. It was in that cherry picking window that I picked up the huge class ring, which sadly/happily I'm returning on Thursday.
February 19, 2020 01:00AM
I'm a beep and dig guy at heart, but my body is losing interest as each year passes. It hasn't been but a few years ago I was digging several hundred targets a hunt and averaging a nice gold ring every 50 to 60 days dirt fishing. Beep and dig has its place but if I want to find old silver coins and don't want to do a lot of digging I grab my CTX 3030.

tabman
February 19, 2020 11:14PM
Can’t help you with the “X”, but I have a nice Vista Gold Gain I need to shift.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 20, 2020 03:26PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can’t help you with the “X”, but I have a nice Vis
> ta Gold Gain I need to shift.

That's a super nice detector, especially in iron, but I've made up my mind that I want to give a Vista X a try.

tabman
February 20, 2020 10:57PM
tabman Wrote:
> lytle78 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can’t help you with the “X”, but I have a nice V
> is
> > ta Gold Gain I need to shift.
>
> That's a super nice detector, especially in iron,
> but I've made up my mind that I want to give a Vis
> ta X a try.
>
> tabman

Now if they would just get a smaller 7"-8" coil made for the X, been over a year since they said they would. Haven't seen any after market coil manufacturers step in and make any either. Too bad as the X is pretty neat with the 5"DD coil but, its a bit too small for most hunts where your not concentrating on a small patch of dirt. Found the 11" stock coil a bit too large for schoolyards and parks with lots of trash. Hate to say it but, DT is missing the boat not having an in between coil for the X. It has held many back from buying an X, sorry to say. Tabman if you get an X, make sure you bug DT for an in between size coil................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 20, 2020 11:55PM
According to something I saw on the Vista X Facebook group a month or so ago, two new coils are in the works for the X, one smaller and one larger than the stock coil. I'm guessing the smaller one will be in the 7"-8" range, since they already have the 6".

While I really like the 7"-8" coil size, I can't blame DeepTech for leading off with an 11" stock coil. For better or worse (I say worse), 11" seems to be the industry standard these days. I think they did the right thing by introducing the 6" as the second coil... now they just need to get those two new coils out.

-Ken
February 21, 2020 01:33AM
Yep, they need a mid-size search coil for sure and they promised one was in the works, but that has been a while back. I vote for 8-inch concentric.

tabman
February 23, 2020 02:15AM
I'm still in the market for one. Cash or trade. Send me a PM and let me know how much you want for it or what you're interested in trading for.

tabman
February 25, 2020 10:09PM
DeepTech posted a teaser of the 2 new coils on the Vista X Facebook page today. They stuck with the bulldog design for both.

Sven1 Wrote:
> tabman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > lytle78 Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Can’t help you with the “X”, but I have a nice
> V
> > is
> > > ta Gold Gain I need to shift.
> >
> > That's a super nice detector, especially in iron
> ,
> > but I've made up my mind that I want to give a V
> is
> > ta X a try.
> >
> > tabman
>
> Now if they would just get a smaller 7"-8" coil ma
> de for the X, been over a year since they said the
> y would. Haven't seen any after market coil manufa
> cturers step in and make any either. Too bad as th
> e X is pretty neat with the 5"DD coil but, its a b
> it too small for most hunts where your not concent
> rating on a small patch of dirt. Found the 11" sto
> ck coil a bit too large for schoolyards and parks
> with lots of trash. Hate to say it but, DT is miss
> ing the boat not having an in between coil for the
> X. It has held many back from buying an X, sorry t
> o say. Tabman if you get an X, make sure you bug
> DT for an in between size coil................
February 25, 2020 11:59PM
You know I wouldn't mind buying a new Deeptech X, but for some reason, Deeptech detector prices drop like a rock on resale. Look what you get for your money on a Simplex and Vanquish detector. Then, on the other hand, Deeptech is offering a simple 'beep and dig' detector that costs a lot more. To top it all off, there are not a lot of people like me who really like beep and dig detectors so the resale market sucks. Can someone explain to me why they retail for so much?

tabman
February 26, 2020 12:26AM
Economy of scale, being a boutique company they have to sell for more to stay afloat I'm guessing. I also waited to buy used because of the sharp price drop, but the problem is nobody is selling. Like, for months I saw one single Vista X go up for sale anywhere, and that was the one that Sven sold the middle of December.

Now that I have one, I'm pretty sure that I know why they aren't selling. Deepest detector I've owned, separates with the best of them, and with the expanded disc I can treat it like a coin hunting cherry picker averaging 8 good targets to 2 bad. But yeah, I definitely bought it knowing I could lose a little more than I like, but I needed a Tesoro replacement and I was ultimately OK with that. Luckily it's one of the best performing machines I've owned, and definitely don't see myself parting with it.

tabman Wrote:
> You know I wouldn't mind buying a new Deeptech X,
> but for some reason, Deeptech detector prices drop
> like a rock on resale. Look what you get for your
> money on a Simplex and Vanquish detector. Then, on
> the other hand, Deeptech is offering a simple[/
> u] 'beep and dig' detector that costs a lot more.
> To top it all off, there are not a lot of people l
> ike me who really like beep and dig detectors so t
> he resale market sucks. Can someone explain to me
> why they retail for so much?
>
> tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2020 12:36AM by ChrisMD.
February 26, 2020 12:42AM
Chris, I've swung the one that Sven sold to a hunting buddy of mine. I really like it a lot! He got a great deal compared to what a retail one cost. I have plenty of detectors to keep me busy until another Vista X comes up for sale at a reasonable price. Just look at what the USED Vista Golds are selling for now.

tabman
March 08, 2020 12:52AM
Does the Vista X get more depth that the Gold? I've had a Vista Gold for several years. Got one used right after they became available in the US. What a deep machine and so good in iron! Ive found a ton of relics in iron infested sites with it. I have an Equinox 800 and Tarsacci MDT-8000. At a new relic site Ill grab the Vista Gold. I can move really fast with it and not have to worry about looking at it. I have the round DD on it. Also have the smaller (5 or 6") coil. I was able to pull out a one dollar gold piece with the small coil in an old house site/Dragoon camp. Ill have to search YouTube for some info on the X. Almost wish the Vista Gold hadnt been so good. Im having a hard time finding much more in some of the sites I still go back to with the Equinox. smiling smiley
March 08, 2020 04:56AM
BigYankeeAmes Wrote:
> Does the Vista X get more depth that the Gold? I'
> ve had a Vista Gold for several years. Got one use
> d right after they became available in the US. Wha
> t a deep machine and so good in iron! Ive found a
> ton of relics in iron infested sites with it. I ha
> ve an Equinox 800 and Tarsacci MDT-8000. At a new
> relic site Ill grab the Vista Gold. I can move rea
> lly fast with it and not have to worry about looki
> ng at it. I have the round DD on it. Also have the
> smaller (5 or 6") coil. I was able to pull out a o
> ne dollar gold piece with the small coil in an old
> house site/Dragoon camp. Ill have to search YouTub
> e for some info on the X. Almost wish the Vista Go
> ld hadnt been so good. Im having a hard time findi
> ng much more in some of the sites I still go back
> to with the Equinox. smiling smiley

I've never used a Vista Gold, but the Vista X is the current depth champion in my line-up right now. It's got at least 2 inches on my Equinox based on my testing.
March 08, 2020 12:59PM
Hmmmmmmmm. We'll work on that.
March 17, 2020 05:06PM
I have an Vista X headed my way. I decided to go with the one search coil package rather than the 2 coil package because I don't think that I'd use the hockey puck coil much with my type of hunting and at sites that I detect. The money that I saved will go towards the new 8" x 6" search coil that's going to be released soon. It's a size that I really like! I'll bet the farm that I'll find something really good with the Vista X soon after I get it.

tabman
March 17, 2020 09:07PM
Well done!

Good choice and future 'strategy!'
That new 8" coil wil be fantastic for the "X"

I must admit to have been a tad down at heel not being a 'round' standard shape!
However, if it retains that "Rx" discrimination trick and that 2"-3" push pull bottle cap rejection, then it'll be the ultimate ' coin shooter' for modern sites. For example, I have a summer site that gives up about €25.00 daily!!! Especially after outdoor events...

Good Luck with it and please be sure to tell us how you go!

Happy "St. Paddy's Day!"

Des D
March 20, 2020 03:00AM
Richard @ Backwoods has a slightly used one for sale.
March 20, 2020 04:28PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Richard @ Backwoods has a slightly used one for sa
> le.

Thanks! I already got one. After I get a few hunts using it under my belt I'll post an HONEST opinion of what I think about it. From just playing around with it in the yard I've found that there are a few things that I like about it and a few things that I really don't like about it.

tabman
March 20, 2020 05:17PM
Looking forward to your report, Tabman. I'm also looking forward to trying out my own X, once the snow melts and the ground thaws. Apparently, someone up here didn't get the memo that Spring is about to begin. LOL

-Ken