Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Scrap Gold prices

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Scrap Gold prices
March 17, 2020 01:26AM
In the last crash around 2008, everything came down in price also. Silver came down to $8 an oz, on the comex, but you could not buy physical silver anywhere for under $14. But when the markets bottomed out, Gold and silver took off like a rocket, while the Dow took a few years to base and move up decently. Silver topped out at $50, and gold about $1900 3 years later. The same thing should happen, but I think gold hits $3000, and silver $100. Today, while the dow finished down 3000 today. , the miners had a nice up day, off the lows. Not sure if this is THE BOTTOM for the miners, or if the lows will be retested. But there are some good bargains in the mining stocks at this point. A lot of markets world wide were hit with 50-60% losses at their lows. So far the dow is down around 30%. Will it bottom out at 12,000, to 15000 ? Painful to watch. A lot of shattered dreams if it does not rebound much this year.
March 17, 2020 01:39AM
The only way to buy silver on the cheap is a etf then covert to physical when things calm down yeah i saw where silver eagles were 9.20 over spot .
as to silver going up i don't think so gonna fall more JP morgan is getting out of it's shorts 180000 contracts at 5000 oz went on the market there's your 2 dollar drop they still have lot's of shorts to shed when done then silver well go up maybe? sube
March 24, 2020 12:36PM
Well now........ gold prices just took a small jump.....$107 to $1671. Wonder where this is going? Is this the start to $2000? Then im looking at the bottom of this page at the KITCO chart and it dropped straight down....... is that right?
March 24, 2020 06:31PM
With our government essentially "turning on the faucet" in terms of QE, and vowing to keep that spigot open as far as needed, for as long as needed, with no limits -- and even direct buying of assets (bonds, EFT's, mortgage-backed securities, and possibly, eventually, stocks) using "printed" money, the concern is an entirely (even-more-than-it-already-is) debased currency system, and thus gold (and silver) being "real," should go up in price, at this time.

That's my "uneducated" opinion...

Steve
March 24, 2020 07:32PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well now........ gold prices just took a small jum
> p.....$107 to $1671. Wonder where this is going?
> Is this the start to $2000? Then im looking at t
> he bottom of this page at the KITCO chart and it d
> ropped straight down....... is that right?

There was some confusion in London this morning they didn't know what the price was you can see where it spiked up 100 and down two times today are they short metal for there rigging or what happened. sube
March 25, 2020 12:02AM
I read some of the confusion came from the banksters working from home. Poor intercommunication.. But..... There are a bunch of factors causing the price to spike.
1. 3 of the biggest gold smelters in southern Switzerland closed temporarily.
2. Many mines are closing temporarily.
3. The fed is going to water down the dollar handing out trillions to businesses and individuals.
4.Gold has been in a tight supply , and how its going into shortages, maybe like palladium was a few months ago.
5. The financial system is on the brink.
6. The comex clearing house could collapse similar in the late 1970's, and there is no telling how high the gold prices will go.
With the oil prices in free fall, the gold miners have a big drop in expenses, and they will report fantastic results in the up coming quarters, which will shoot their share prices up.
Its a great time to be invested in precious metals investments.
I'm sure I've missed a few more reasons, but you get the picture.
Silver prices
March 26, 2020 02:58AM
Here's a helpful link for figuring out the value of various silver coins:

[coinapps.com]