Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Not many talking about the Vanquish.

Posted by kevinnc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Not many talking about the Vanquish.
February 25, 2020 10:54PM
I have a 540 coming for my wife. She has an AT Max now, but I plan on starting beach hunting some and know the AT won't work very good there. I use my Explorer XS when I go.
Re: Not many talking about the Vanquish.
February 25, 2020 11:17PM
It's worth taking a look on Steve's DetectorProspector Forum, there's a fellow named 'Phrunt' ( Simon ) who's enjoying using it in New Zealand. He appears to like it more than the Eqx that he already owns.
February 25, 2020 11:31PM
Here’s a gent who used model 540 Vanquish and compared it to few other models.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Same gent as above using vanquish at Great Salt Lake.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Video of Vanquish at the beach.
[m.youtube.com]

Vanquish in trashy park making real nice find.
[m.youtube.com]

Vanquish 540 park hunt with small coil
[m.youtube.com]

Vanquish at wet salt beach.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2020 11:50PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 25, 2020 11:44PM
Picked one up at Dicks when they got them in store. It's a good machine as long as you don't hunt heavy iron. It falses like crazy on square nails and iron halos. Will be an awesome beach/park machine.
February 25, 2020 11:47PM
I think that is because the Simplex dropped first and took up much of the conversation. You see the newest people to the hobby on Facebook groups, and every question about what to buy is met with "Get a Simplex". The Equinox has hit heavy market saturation, so that precludes a lot of veterans in the hobby from getting one unless they are curious or need a backup/trunk detector, or those that just buy every new detector and sell it after toying around. Other than that there really isn't a reason to buy one if you have an Equinox. By all accounts from experienced users it is a great machine.
February 25, 2020 11:59PM
Yeah, and supposedly here comes Garrett with a new model. And this C scope EVo 6000 releasing abroad. No shortage of new detector models. Maybe a shortage of funds to buy all and try though. Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2020 12:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 26, 2020 12:06AM
ChrisMD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that is because the Simplex dropped first
> and took up much of the conversation. You see the
> newest people to the hobby on Facebook groups, and
> every question about what to buy is met with "Get
> a Simplex". The Equinox has hit heavy market satu
> ration, so that precludes a lot of veterans in the
> hobby from getting one unless they are curious or
> need a backup/trunk detector, or those that just b
> uy every new detector and sell it after toying aro
> und. Other than that there really isn't a reason
> to buy one if you have an Equinox. By all account
> s from experienced users it is a great machine.

That pretty much nails it, plus people like the fact that the Simplex is 'waterproof'. That was a big selling point back in the day with the AT Pro.
February 26, 2020 12:16AM
I watched a couple of videos today that showed an iron problem. I hope it was just their machine and they aren't all like that.
February 26, 2020 01:00AM
kevinnc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I watched a couple of videos today that showed an
> iron problem. I hope it was just their machine and
> they aren't all like that.

If it was the one by Jerry West, he might have a problem with his unit as I did the same test with my 540 Pro Pack, and not a peep on the square nails from either the V12 or the V8 coils. He said he was going to do some more testing. A slight false on the nut and bolt. Hit the button every time in all of the modes, and iron bias both high and low....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2020 01:01AM by TexHunter.
February 26, 2020 01:52AM
Most of the folks on here are advanced detectorists, and as such if their interested in M-IQ have been using or testing the Equinox for a couple of years now, so probably not a lot of interest here in a watered down Equinox (no offense, but effectively it is a cost reduced Equinox).

Now if an Equinox2 were to be announced, this board would be lit up like a Christmas tree at the White House!
February 26, 2020 02:09PM
If iron is an issue ... I wonder how well it will do as a beach machine. Down here we have a lot of iron flakes and black sand concentrations. Then you throw in salt water a real equalizer. Hope someone has a Nox to compare it to here in the states. Let us know what ya think.
February 26, 2020 05:25PM
Kev,

The reason I'm not talking about it is, I can't get one!
Limited stocks eeked out to Distributors / Dealers...and I used work for Minelab!!!

Been trying since well before Christmas, and was told, "They've not shipped yet!"

Yes, they are / were available in "Dick's Sporting Goods" and several were lucky to buy there and use them and put up some useful videos about them (340, 440. 540)
In addition, I don't live in the USA as it 'appeared' you guys got them first?

Been onto 3 separate Dealers now and all said the same thing.
However, there was a glimmer of light when a large southern based UK dealer advised: "there might be an improvement next week?" (that was last week)

I'm very curious to Test one, probably a 440 because I don't either 'need or want' the extra bits that ship with the 540. The coil that ships with the 440 will do me fine. I have one site that I want to use it and I'm thinking I will like it better than the Equinox 600 that I also had to wa..........yyyyyyyyyyy......ttttttt almost one year for...(as we all had to stupidly)

Soon as I do get one and spend several weeks with it, I'll do a "Review" and put it up here with Tom's permission.

Des D
February 26, 2020 06:45PM
Des...…. permission granted. Never a problem.

VNQ is nearly identical in performance to EQX...… on the wet-salt beach.
All Modes of the VNQ are wet-salt compatible. (This is a beginner and/or mid-level unit; with the subsequent understanding that a beginner would NOT have the knowledge to invoke a wet-salt specific Mode...… to hunt the beach. ---Also to imply: not many read the Operators Manual---).
If you were to install the EQX 11" coil onto the VNQ...… you would have the exact same performance as the EQX.... with 'like' settings. (((Coils are not interchangeable))).
VNQ & EQX share exact M-IQ tech.
VNQ exceptional bang-for-the-buck.
VNQ NOT RAINPROOF/WATERPROOF! (((Cover the box with a shower-cap...… if you go to salt-mist beach))).
February 27, 2020 12:40AM
UK detector reviews and rankings

[staffsmetaldetectorsonlineshop.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2020 12:45AM by james1969.
February 28, 2020 03:05PM
Video - On the field with the Minelab Vanquish 540 - Metal Detecting UK
[youtu.be]
February 29, 2020 11:56AM
I just got a 540 for my wife and tried it yesterday in our yard. House built in 1900. It does false on some deep iron, especially old nails with larger heads om them. They don't repeat in the same spot every pass like a good target, but will definitely slow you down checking high tone hits. Changing modes didn't make much difference. Cutting Sens down helps some, but depth falls bad if I cut it below 12:00 on the icon. I don't have the smaller coils to try.
March 01, 2020 04:26PM
Hi Hastings,

That's a good video! Thanks for sharing!

Like the way it just "moves along...no BS"...showing just what we want to see and more importantly, Hear!

It's after putting a slight negative into my rather 'pre-excitory' thoughts on acquiring one? All those 'iron tones',
BUT the huge thing was, nearly all were small tiny bits of non-ferrous 'partefacts'?

Just atrocious digging conditions... you could just see how wet it was going to be! Don't know how he can handle those thick gloves... but he seems to work away as if worn from the get-go!!! (even mentions getting into the hobby)

Well done...and Thanks to whoever it was who filmed / edited etc.

Des D
March 05, 2020 01:25AM
I've had my 540 since november from Dicks Sporting Goods ....... works great for Your basic Park / sports field / Tot lot Type hunting detector........Pinpoints dead on with accurate depth Readings ....Loves jewelry!!... Already on my 9th Ring with it Just Hunting The Sports Fields & Tot Lots.
March 22, 2020 07:30PM
Does anyone now have a "Vanquish" that didn't when this Thread started?

Any thoughts?

Which 'Pack' did you buy?

How's the performance?

How's the 'wireless' working? Anyone buy an after-market wireless set up..."Bose", "Sony", "Skull Candy?"...
March 22, 2020 07:36PM
Hello

My video from french beach, english subtitles.

Magus.

[www.youtube.com]