Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stay Safe

Posted by Arkansas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Stay Safe
March 16, 2020 04:31AM
Hope you all stay safe and healthy during this time of sickness. It is a crazy time for sure. Found a $10,000 roll of toilet paper on feebay if anyone needs one.....the buy-it-now price is 13,000. Actually just as I write this, the Listing was kicked-off....wow
Re: Stay Safe
March 16, 2020 05:20AM
There is a possibility I, my wife and mother in law (age 87) have already had and survived the corona virus.
The story.

On around 24 Dec 2019, the wife's cousin and her husband got back in the area from a 8 day cruise. They passed through Atlanta airport, Ft Lauderdale airports, was on the boat, and even stepped into Mexico for short period.

I or the wife or my mother in not ill at the time.
On 26 Dec 2019 wife's cousin along with her husband stooped by our house. I WS not at home when they arrived. They were inside the whole time with the wife and her mother. I came home and saw they were visiting. I never went into house e while they were visiting. Wife's cousins husband came out of house and onto the porch and I talked to him. They left eventually.

On about 2 or3 Jan 2020 wife develops illness. Her condition worsened. I took her to emergency room. Doctor tested her for flu and pneumonia. She had taking shots for both recently. They said she had viral infection.
Her temp stayed around 101 and did go to 102 as I monitored at home. Remember corona virus at this time not being talked about much even if al all. And it wasn't named until 7 Jan 2020.
Wife had doctor appt for Vanderbuilt university medical center for her chronic disease cirrhosis Of liver. I had to cancel her appt due to her condition. Took wife to her local primary care MD 4 days after her emergency room visit. Doctor stated if her condition didn't improve in 2 days he would hospitalize here. Turns out her fever broke soon after her visit and she recovered fully.

Around 10 Jan I started getting sore throat. Then had massive congestion in chest. Run mild fever for few days. Total time to recover seemed to be around 8-9 days. I too had flu shot and pneumonia shot. I didn't go to doctor and my exposure to anyone outide of house very limted. Took one trip to town to grocery shop.

Next up mother in law became ill. Her symptoms lot like mine and wife's. Her fever did go to 102 for short period then her fever broke. She felt as I did. With some materials being coughed up.

All 3 of us never had any body aches. Never lost our appetites, no vomiting, no diarrhea.
Listening to folks who have tested positive and recovered sounds lot like when they describe what we had symptom wise.

I hope I have had the disease. Maybe I won't get as a result.

I can say with 100 percent certainty. Whatever I had I never had before ever. Like someone standing on top of my chest.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2020 05:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 16, 2020 10:36AM
Results from the flu and pneumonia shots you think, tnss?
I never had a flu shot. Had a pneumonia shot 2 years ago and afterward had lung congestion and family around me also got a lung cold. My son in law said the shot I got had "shed" to everyone.....not sure if it's true or not.....he's the college man and teacher, maybe he's on to something. Won't do that again.
March 16, 2020 12:32PM
Don't think os Ozzie. Got my flu shot way back in Oct 2019. Pneumonia shot acquired back in 2018.
March 16, 2020 01:26PM
I've been getting flogged on various places I've posted this, so I might as well make it one more. Haha

I'm in the camp that believes this has been here a while, and is nothing new. In the past, when you are sick enough to go to the doctor, all they really test you for is the flu, strep throat, and maybe do a chest X-Ray to see if you have pneumonia. Otherwise, they just say you have a cold or respiratory infection. That usually means they give you a steroid shot and maybe some antibiotics, and say it just has to run its course. Elderly people, people that already have respiratory problems, etc are always higher risk for such things to be fatal, and thousands die each year from it. I think now, they just gave a name for it and have a test to show what it is, instead of just having the generic "it's just a respiratory infection" diagnosis. Last year I got hit hard by a "lower respiratory infection" that looking at the COVID-19 symptoms, match up pretty well. I didn't feel like I had a head cold, but more of a chest cold, with chills, fever, aches, drained energy, etc. It kept me down for about 2 weeks before I started to come around to feeling somewhat better. I ended up with pneumonia in one lung. All flu tests...the initial nose swab and blood work, came back negative for the flu. It may very well have just been a lower respiratory infection, but like I say, I think it's been around a good while...now they just have a name for it and since they are testing specifically for it, they can be more specific about what it is called.
March 16, 2020 01:59PM
Daniel, you just might be right.
March 16, 2020 02:55PM
SHTF: How often do we see this overused acronym,however,the Wuhan virus--PC version COVID-19 appears to have caused a SHTF situation and it's ugly.It shows how fragile society has become with 24/7 news hyped by who can produce the most frighting headline and fed upon by the ignorant masses;ie "useful idiots".
As of today there are reported 150k cases resulting in 5700 deaths--this is out of a world population of 7.5 BILLION. More people than this choked to death on their morning coffee and the plain ole flu is killing thousands daily.I'm not poo pooing the threat of this virus,but attempting to put it in perspective.
I'm more concerned about my stock portfolio than COVID19. LOL
March 16, 2020 04:39PM
I agree completely with you, Daniel. The only difference I can see in this Wuhan and a bad flu is that Wuhan is Extremely virulent/contagious.
March 16, 2020 06:10PM
There is no mystery about what COVID-19 is. The exact DNA make up of the virus is now well documented and understood. It isn’t any form of influenza, and isn’t caused by getting a flu shot.

In the 2018-2019 flu season in the US, according to the CDC, about 35,000,000 people got it (that’s an infection rate of about 10% of the population). Of these, about 500,000 required hospitalization and about 35,000 died. That works out to a hospitalization rate of about 1.4 % and a death rate of about 0.1%

So the question of whether COVID 19 is a crisis or not depends on two things. How many will get it, and what percentage of those will require hospitalization and what percentage will die.

We don’t know the answers to these questions yet, but there is clear evidence that the COVID 19 is much more infectious than the flu. The best available data yields estimates of at least twice as infectious as the flu - so at a minimum 70,000,000 infections. - roughly 20% of the population.

So with that many infected, what percentage will require hospitalization? Again, we have some data and it ain’t pretty. Based on current data something like 5% of cases will result in hospitalization - that’s 3,500,000 people in ICU’s - Our hospital system can’t handle that unless the RATE of infection is slowed to allow the 3.5 million patients to be spread out over many months.

The death rate is likely between 1% and 2% - or 700,000 to 1,400,000.

Put another way, using the pretty well estimated fatality rate (minimum of 1%), here’s how it works compared to the flu with a death rate of 0.1%.

In a group of 1000 infected with the flu - 1 would die.

In a group of 1000 infected with COVID19 - 10 (or more) would die.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2020 06:16PM by lytle78.
March 16, 2020 06:49PM
The threat is real and serious. Here is everything you need to know.

COVID-19 and what to do to slow the spread - [medium.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2020 10:39PM by Badger in NH.
March 16, 2020 06:59PM
Thanks for that Rick. Makes me feel much better being that I meet all four groups that are in the most danger:80 years old, heart condition , COPD, Diabetes. The only thing that bothers me is that I hope I can do the things I still have planned . The biggest regret I have is picking up the nasty habit of smoking while in the Army. The other things I was lucky enough to inherent except for age which comes with the territory to all of us.
Not complaining just hope I'll be able to do a few more hunts.

Take care all you old folks.smileys with beer

El
March 16, 2020 07:12PM
None of the figures I posted are “cast in bronze” the percentage of population who each bit severe symptoms may be less than experienced elsewhere, but the severity of the illness in those cases with major lung involvement is very real. There are ongoing studies of treatment of the advanced cases with at least three compounds - one new and not widely available and the other two are quinine compounds. I guess I should have switched to gin and tonic from vodka martinis. Maybe there is still time.

Rick Kempf
March 16, 2020 07:15PM
That sounds like a good receipt to me.>grinning smiley<
March 16, 2020 07:19PM
Elbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
The
> biggest regret I have is picking up the nasty habi
> t of smoking while in the Army. The other things I
> was lucky enough to inherent except for age which
> comes with the territory to all of us.
> Not complaining just hope I'll be able to do a few
> more hunts.
>
> Take care all you old folks.smileys with beer
>
> El

Quitting smoking is easy. The addiction is all in your mind. Read or listen to this book. [www.amazon.com]

It doesn't matter how addicted you think you are. The method requires no willpower. There are no withdrawals. No cravings. The book has cured millions of people worldwide. Just read the Amazon reviews. What have you got to lose? All that is required is an honest desire to quit and an open mind.
March 16, 2020 07:29PM
Elbert. I am not a doctor, but I am 74 and concerned.

My suggestion - totally isolate yourself. If you live with others, that will be hard -unless they agree also. Don’t go out for ANYTHING unless it is solitary outdoor activity. If you don’t have enough to eat or enough of your meds, arrange delivery if you can. If you can’t see if you can use drive up pharmacy and have somebody do your shopping and drop it off on the steps. The closer you can come to doing this, the better tour chances of not getting infected.

IT’s a whole new ballgame - think outside the box. You can only get it from face to face contact or touching some surface with the virus on it. If stuff gets delivered in cardboard boxes, let them sit for a day before you handle them. Wash your hands every few hours an as soon as you come in your house from outside. Don’t need sanitizer for this, Soap and water is fine, Wash like you handled jalapeños and now need to change your contacts!!

I haven’t had a social contact in a week. Same fro my wife except for her playing tennis a few times - she wears gloves and takes off her tennis gear outside before she comes in and washes up. I do what little shopping I need to do either online or at 6AM when the nearby supermarket opens. I wear nitrile gloves, stay away from the few other shoppers and use the self checkout. I put the shopping in the trunk and strip the gloves before I get in the car. The shopping gets unpacked in the garage and the stuff which has to come in the house right away gets sprayed down with 3% hydrogen peroxide. The stuff not needed right away stays in the garage for a few days till any virus expires - a few hours for paper and cardboard 3 days or so for plastic and metal.

I’m a firm believer in the old saying - “just because you’re paranoid don’t mean that they’re not out to get you.”

[drive.google.com]

If you are “home alone” and have some time you can read this - it’s a 27 page PowerPoint

Rick Kempf
March 16, 2020 08:30PM
I'm doing all the right things and quit smoking over 20 years ago. It's the after effects.
March 16, 2020 08:39PM
Elbert Wrote:
> I'm doing all the right things and quit smoking ov
> er 20 years ago. It's the after effects.

Glad to hear that you were able to quit. Maybe someone else here might see my post and check out the book.
March 16, 2020 10:19PM
I see/hear a lot of people comparing this to the flu, even laughing about it as if it's some conspiracy. Personally being in the center of one of the ground zero areas in the U.S.A. for Coronavirus, I think that's extremely short sighted, and not telling of the big picture here.

For starters, we have vaccines for the flu, do we for the Coronavirus? No.

Is the Coronavirus treatable, to a degree it is IF your body can handle it AND you get appropriate medical care. The last part is the critical component as we will see play out in the weeks ahead.

Here's where it gets interesting and more serious than the annual seasonal flu so many are comparing this to. Once the ability to take in those seriously affected with Coronavirus reaches saturation, there's literally no where to treat the sick. The hospitals go into "god" mode, having the uneasy task of deciding who gets admitted and who does not. Once the system is saturated, the morality rates will significantly increase.

Who's the largest fatality demographic? Are you over 60? Any preexisting health issues? Do you think you'll be high on the "waiting list" to be treated if you answered yes?

Not taking this seriously? Why not? Politics aside, you have everything to loose by not taking it seriously.

The Bay Area authorities just issued a "shelter-in-place" order for San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa, and Alameda counties. This just got serious.
March 17, 2020 12:45AM
doc holiday Wrote:

> I'm more concerned about my stock portfolio than COVID19. LOL

In case you missed the boat after 9/11 or after the financial meltdown of 2008, you're once again presented with the opportunity to make fame and fortune once again on the market, choose wisely!

March 17, 2020 01:19AM
LOL--My wife has always wanted lots of certain items around and TP and paper towels are 2 of the biggies.I just took inventory TP=142 rolls and paper towels=62 king size.I may be full o Schiff,but I am well prepared. LOL
Good luck to you guys !!
March 17, 2020 01:59AM
Good day Gents! Thought I would add my 2 cents to this topic. I work at a site where 15,000 personnel come in each day, quite a Petri Dish to say the least. In my 60's now and keeping my health up is quite paramount. For the past year I have been using a remedy that was actually listed in the 1899 Merck Manual as a "cure all". I did a lot of research on it before I purchased a bottle and started the "experiment"! Probably a few of the older Gents on this forum have heard of this or even had Grandma spoon some down their throat! Gum Spirits of Turpentine is this "cure all"!

I would almost bet if it was thrown in the "ring" with any virus the virus would die from fright! Lol......It is far and away the most potent natural product that I have ever used! Lot of good history on Pine Sap and its uses on Y-Tube, below is a link to some info on this if anyone is interested. Diamond G Forest Products is where I get it from.

[www.healbygod.com]

Good health to all,
Los Alamos
March 17, 2020 02:20AM
I read of some confirmed survivors of the virus....via internet. Main symptoms are fatigue, fever, cough, and overall upper respitory complications. The key to recovery was getting enough oxygen......breathing exercises. One booklet is entitled The Knowles Method of Breath Training. Hope it helps someone.
March 17, 2020 12:42PM
Los Alamos Wrote:
> Good day Gents! Thought I would add my 2 cents to
> this topic. I work at a site where 15,000 personne
> l come in each day, quite a Petri Dish to say the
> least. In my 60's now and keeping my health up is
> quite paramount. For the past year I have been usi
> ng a remedy that was actually listed in the 1899 M
> erck Manual as a "cure all". I did a lot of resear
> ch on it before I purchased a bottle and started t
> he "experiment"! Probably a few of the older Gents
> on this forum have heard of this or even had Grand
> ma spoon some down their throat! Gum Spirits of Tu
> rpentine is this "cure all"!
>
> I would almost bet if it was thrown in the "ring"
> with any virus the virus would die from fright! Lo
> l......It is far and away the most potent natural
> product that I have ever used! Lot of good history
> on Pine Sap and its uses on Y-Tube, below is a lin
> k to some info on this if anyone is interested. Di
> amond G Forest Products is where I get it from.
>
> [www.healbygod.com]
> entine/
>
> Good health to all,
> Los Alamos

Los Alamos, Tell me more about this. Did you go through the fast, as prescribed? What results did you have? The place you get this from, do they know it is being taken internally?
March 17, 2020 02:06PM
The following quote is from my doctor whom I trust and whose opinion I value..

3/4/20

Hey Doc!

Just curios, as a physician, on a scale of 1-10, how concerned (10 being very concerned) are you about the C-virus?

Doctor -

“ Maybe a 3?
Here is why:

It’s biological warfare gone bad.

It’s a case of the liberal media using their scare tactics for control and to destroy Trump.

It WILL be all over the USA in a matter of weeks.

There will still be more deaths from the flu every year.

The vaccine has been made, just waiting for more people to die to increase the price.

It’s still a case of be as healthy as you can be, and your body should control it.

Hope that helps!”

3/17/20

Hi Doc,
It’s almost been 2 weeks.
Do you still feel the same towards the virus?

Doctor -

“Even more so now.
Pure silly media driven panic.
Death rate is about 3% - mostly old people with other conditions.
Flu this year has caused 52,000 deaths THIS year!”

Aaron
March 17, 2020 03:54PM
Aaron,I will 80 my next birthday and am,of course, in the high risk group so I have to be concerned,but having spent 38 years at the University Medical Center,mostly around the ID dept. many of my friends share the feelings of your Doc. Who knows who will be correct in this once in a lifetime situation??
March 17, 2020 04:21PM
Doc, There’s no doubt the elderly are at risk. I have elderly parents, and keep telling them to stay home. What I don’t understand is when I went into Kroger this morning just to get a couple things (NO NOT T.P.), and it was jam packed! And I’d have to say 70% of those in there were over 60, with shopping karts stacked to the brim w all kinds of stuff, when they should be staying home!
March 17, 2020 06:12PM
Stocking up on groceries in one trip means you don't have to go there as often, thereby lowering your risk. Get your groceries in order, then stay home. That's what I did. Now I only go into a store when it's absolutely necessary. I always wear disposable gloves into the store and throw them away when I leave. I also keep sanitizer in my car and use it often.
March 17, 2020 10:54PM
Hey Ozzie...….As I remember I did not fast when I first started, took it slow, maybe half a teaspoon with a sugar cube. Herxheimer reaction did not affect me till I reached a full teaspoon as recommended by Dr. Daniels, and Wow after about one hour I was staggering around like I was drunk. Had to hit the bed for the night bell ut the next day felt really good. It will make you "evacuate" like crazy so avoid taking the night before a work day! You will see some really weird stuff in the bowl (parasites) if taken for several days in a row. Depending on how healthy you are in the first place will determine the amount of reaction your body will have. Diamond G will not say to take internally as Big Pharma will come down on them so they have to be careful. You can use it topically too...…. do not buy from Big Box stores as chemicals are added to theirs. It is a little tough
to get down the pipe but if you put it in some juice and hold you nose it is bearable. They recommend to take it with a sugar of some sort that way it baits the parasites and they will come out of you waving the "white flag"! Lol...... Powerful stuff, and my wife who has an Auto Immune condition takes it also, keeps her from using doctor recommended drugs. I have not been to a doctor for several years now, feel good and run hard for nine hours a day.

Regards, Los Alamos
March 17, 2020 11:15PM
Getting medical advice on a detector forum is about as good an idea as getting metal detector advice on a medical forum.

This ugly thing will teach us the hard way - facts matter.

Rick Kempf
March 18, 2020 01:49AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Getting medical advice on a detector forum is about as good an idea as getting metal detector advice on a medical forum.
>
> This ugly thing will teach us the hard way - facts matter.

+1