Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

$1000 check

Posted by sawbuck 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: $1000 check
March 21, 2020 01:05PM
I need brakes on my car and still have to pay off medical bills and a crown. It is amazing how a few health issues can change those retirement funds in a hurry. You younger guys will find out someday.
March 21, 2020 03:02PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need brakes on my car and still have to pay off
> medical bills and a crown. It is amazing how a few
> health issues can change those retirement funds in
> a hurry. You younger guys will find out someday.

Exactly, Up here in Michigan with the roads the way they are,it took shocks a lower control arm and tie rod ends. Jeez. Crowns and medical bills? sounds exactly like my 2019. I had a Dentist app't scheduled for this coming Monday before they called and cancelled due to closing the office for who knows how long.
March 21, 2020 07:02PM
Elbert Wrote:
> At first I agreed with dew about dumping this post
> and than I starting thinking about some of the rep
> lies that have been posted. Hopefully most were jo
> king about what they would do if they got the mone
> y but if not, then they are being very greedy and
> insensitive about the plight of fellow American's
> who like us didn't ask to be in this situation. If
> you really need the money then by all means use it
> for what you want and need but if you don't need i
> t , then you probably know someone in your communi
> ty who could really use a hand being they old or y
> oung.
>
> I was never so proud of son as I was to day. He wa
> s driving into a drive thru restaurant today and s
> truck up a conversation with an older lady in her
> late seventies who was working there and disinfec
> ting the area of the drive-up. He asked how she wa
> s doing and she told him fine but was very worried
> about her 4 grandchildren have enough to eat . She
> said the grocery store down the street was about o
> ut of every thing . Reason to work to feed grand c
> hildren. My son drove by the store which was just
> restocking and purchased 4 bags of food and took i
> t to her. He said he had never experienced the loo
> k in her eyes and face ever before as the tears sw
> elled in her eyes.
>
> Sorry for rambling. Not preaching here just wanted
> to give some food for thought.
>
> El

Good on your son El, as a parent I'd be proud, that's a great thing to do thumbs down
March 21, 2020 09:37PM
This world has turned into a dog-eat-dog place. Did you guys know the Generation Zs are referring to this Cov19 as the "Boomer Remover"? I saw some venting about the Spring Break shutdowns out of frustration and they were saying things like they hope they get it so they can spread it to the old people so that they will die. They blame all the current world problems on them. One quote was saying if they could rid the earth's population by half, then that was a good start to reduce the carbon imprint. Their view was, the older people were just taking up space. You can't teach compassion to people that think like that.
March 21, 2020 10:17PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> This world has turned into a dog-eat-dog place. Did you guys know the Generation Zs are referring to this Cov19 as the "Boomer Remover"? I saw some venting about the Spring Break shutdowns out of frustration and they were saying things like they hope
> they get it so they can spread it to the old people so that they will die. They blame all the current world problems on them. One quote was saying if they could rid the earth's population by half, then that was a good start to reduce the carbon imprint. Their view was, the older people were just taking up space. You can't teach compassion to people that think like that.

That's definitely messed up, no excuse for such selfishness. I was shocked to see on the news Friday thousands of spring break kids at the beaches in Florida like it's one giant party.

I guess the govt in Florida is okay with that as the eastern seaboard lights up like a Christmas tree on all the COVID-19 maps? The retirement aged population in Florida is over 50%, this could be catastrophic there.
March 21, 2020 10:29PM
Probably should have checked for sure, but I believe Fl has closed all beaches as of yesterday. HH jim tn
March 21, 2020 10:39PM
Lol, it didn't take this thread long to get off topic.
March 22, 2020 09:34AM
The privileged Brats of the country speaking out. There is still a strong sense of "family" in this country of ours. Multi generational families with strong ties and good morals. Don't let the News sources get you down.
March 22, 2020 12:44PM
Yes they don't realise How many people fought in wars and died so then can live free. My family has fought in every war going back to the Civil War 33rd Alabama.
They should show some respect.
March 22, 2020 02:04PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Yes they don't realise How many people fought in w
> ars and died so then can live free. My family has
> fought in every war going back to the Civil War 33
> rd Alabama.
> They should show some respect.

Some don't know respect. Wasn't taught.

I was taught not to make fun of people. Not to talk back. Not to lie, cheat or steal....it was reinforced with a scare and a belt or wooden spoon. And, I had family around me that were good examples and practiced what they preached.

There were a few things I changed when I raised my kids that I thought were unnecessary that my dad did, one was control. Back then, kids were supposed to be seen and not heard. I thought it better to let my kids think for themselves and to figure it out....with my guidance if necessary. For my wife she thought communication was paramount. It gives them confidence to do. I didn't overpraise them either like I see parents do today. Today I see my children them raising their kids basically the same way with alterations for the better, so they say. Another problem is some parents want to be their children's friends....ahhh no, that leads to problems. After they have grown and can think for themselves, sure. Anyway, here we are, semi quarantined and talking about raising kids on a detecting forum.

Rodman asked me if I wanted to hit the fields yesterday and I couldn't....had to locate a well head for my son-in-law. It ended up being under a walkway, who does that? Chores never end......being honest, I'm happy to have chores...better than sitting around with nothing to do.
March 22, 2020 03:24PM
The Democrats are fighting it .....Saying its not enough for some people......... looking at a more expanded Unemployment benefits ......even if the $1000 check is reality, Its just a Long Term loan.
March 23, 2020 10:59AM
I read one states system was so overwhelmed the other day for those filing for unemployment it shut down. Their goal seems to be take care of the working people who have more bills than those on fixed incomes like Social Security since most of them have managed their bills. Its the families living pay check to pay check just making it that need their jobs. Of course some are saying it doesnt do enough.....still trying to squeeze in health care and more unemployment aid. It appears their goal is thru May....... hope they are right.
March 25, 2020 02:53PM
I will not be spending any of it, but will deposit it. We will be paying taxes on that money come next year. Nothing is 'free'.
March 25, 2020 06:57PM
I have a split personality, I'm getting 4 checks