Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

When data gets in the way of msm's hysteria

Posted by Champ Ferguson 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: When data gets in the way of msm's hysteria
March 23, 2020 11:13PM
The hard, cold truth of all this will emerge, in the form of Public Health statistics.

Funny thing about facts - eventually they emerge, hard like stones.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 24, 2020 01:42AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you only listen to or believe one person in the White House, it should be this guy:
>
> [www.sciencemag.org]

Yup, he's the adult in the room.
March 24, 2020 02:47AM
Fauci and others in his field look at this as purely containing the virus. They don't have any concern for anything else such as economy. That's not where their experience and expertise is. If it were up to him and others, we would do a total lockdown for the next several months. I guess you can't blame him his sole purpose is to the virus.

Trump has to take the information from all sides and create a balance. He knows we can't just shut down the entire nation until this virus is eradicated. Fauci is in his ear to enact drastic measures with no care about the crashing economy. Trump is becoming concerned about the crashing economy and a point of long term damage to businesses and the unemployed. There has to be a balance. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, that's for sure. There are always armchair quarterbacks and coaches that say the call should have been this or that.

Meanwhile, I wonder if China is taking advantage at this "gift" of record low American stocks and buying them up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 02:52AM by Daniel Tn.
March 24, 2020 03:05AM
Wondering if this virus is still a democratic hoax?? Asking for a friend.
March 24, 2020 04:41AM
I'm not saying the virus is fake news, but stinks of politics. Any Statistics can be manipulated to say anything, to meet ones agenda. Drug companies do it all the time.
March 24, 2020 05:12AM
Slaps head.... drinking smiley

Is ANYONE paying attention to this?

[coronavirus.jhu.edu]

It's interesting to note that the country from Texas east is lit up like a Christmas tree, what a change from a week ago.
March 24, 2020 05:35AM
Cal -- I can only speak for my region of Tennessee but they only began getting test kits within the last week or so. A lot of the rural areas like my area, are weeks behind the bigger cities in testing due to inability to do so. Thus far they are doing swab tests, then if they get an initial positive return, are sending off samples to Nashville to be confirmed. They are saying it is taking 3-5 days for positive hits to be verified/confirmed. There is also a delay/series of hoops to jump through to be tested as well.
March 24, 2020 06:04AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Fauci and others in his field look at this as pure
> ly containing the virus. They don't have any conce
> rn for anything else such as economy. That's not w
> here their experience and expertise is. If it were
> up to him and others, we would do a total lockdown
> for the next several months. I guess you can't bla
> me him his sole purpose is to the virus.
>
> Trump has to take the information from all sides a
> nd create a balance. He knows we can't just shut d
> own the entire nation until this virus is eradicat
> ed. Fauci is in his ear to enact drastic measures
> with no care about the crashing economy. Trump is
> becoming concerned about the crashing economy and
> a point of long term damage to businesses and the
> unemployed. There has to be a balance. I wouldn't
> want to be in his shoes, that's for sure. There ar
> e always armchair quarterbacks and coaches that sa
> y the call should have been this or that.
>
> Meanwhile, I wonder if China is taking advantage a
> t this "gift" of record low American stocks and bu
> ying them up?

So if I read correctly, you're saying that money wins over saving lives?

I tend not to be a conspiracy theorist, but on the flip side, after watching the documentary "One Child Nation" which I highly recommend, because it shows in graphic detail the true nature of the twisted devices and manipulation of human beings that the Chinese communist government is capable of.: [www.rottentomatoes.com]

I tend to start to wonder if China didn't purposely use the Coronavirus as a biological weapon. It sounded crazy a few months ago, but after thinking through it more, is it?

It would be a BIG FU to Trump and his trade war. 3,277 deaths in a country of 1.5 billion is meaningless to the Chinese communist government, it would be the easiest war with the least amount of casualties they've ever won, and they didn't even have to fire a single bullet, missile, or waste one drop of fuel on a ship or jet fighter. Is it that crazy?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 06:31AM by Cal_cobra.
March 24, 2020 06:27AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Cal -- I can only speak for my region of Tennessee
> but they only began getting test kits within the l
> ast week or so. A lot of the rural areas like my a
> rea, are weeks behind the bigger cities in testing
> due to inability to do so. Thus far they are doing
> swab tests, then if they get an initial positive r
> eturn, are sending off samples to Nashville to be
> confirmed. They are saying it is taking 3-5 days f
> or positive hits to be verified/confirmed. There i
> s also a delay/series of hoops to jump through to
> be tested as well.

That seems to be the norm here as well, I suspect we'll see a massive uptick in the next couple of weeks as testing is more prevalent.
March 24, 2020 10:40AM
What will the President do? The governors from every state are making decisions for their unique situations. I will listen to my governor and abide by his orders. Right now we have about 7 counties here in PA under lock down. Hot spots. A general national order will do absolutely nothing but create harm at this point.

Yes there will be an uptick as more people are tested. But at some point people in self isolation will know without a test. The numbers will come down if people stay away from one another.

There are just some ignorant people out there. The Lt. Governor of Texas for one. He is ready to sacrifice his own health for the economy? Wow! And how about the health of others! You cant fix stupid!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 11:09AM by goodmore.
March 24, 2020 11:11AM
The Biowar theory was talked about and given current feeling about China in much of the US, had a certain ugly attraction. It has pretty much been explored and discredited by folks with the expertise necessary. Here’s a recent article

[www.nature.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 24, 2020 12:11PM
It isn't as simple as lives vs businesses. Lives will be lost if our economy collapses.

tabman
March 24, 2020 01:59PM
tabman Wrote:
> It isn't as simple as lives vs businesses. Lives w
> ill be lost if our economy collapses.
>
> tabman

The economy? If the US economy can't handle a month than the economy was a joke to begin with.

More like a certain person's job was hinging on an over inflated stock market and now that hinge has swung the door the other way.

Stay healthy. The best thing you can do for yourself and the economy.
March 24, 2020 02:54PM
I wonder if we'll see more stars now that the planet has taken a break....and I don't mean the Hollywood type.
March 24, 2020 03:07PM
Cal, no you're still not getting what I'm saying.

Let me try it one more time. Then I'm done.

How many of you are or have been a father who works/worked to take care of his family as best as he could and HAVE given up certain things to support your family and WILL keep on doing it no mater what?

Then, say the doctor tells you that you can't work for anywhere from 6 months to a year. I mean you CANNOT work, not ever from home, not online or the pohone or any how, just set in front of a TV for 6 months to a year?

Now which one do you do? Tell the doc ok and run home crying to your wife and family that you can't work any more then get in your chair, pop up your feet and turn on the TV.

Or do you first protest to the doctor telling him you can't take that long and then tell your wife and after that get the family together and tell them the news BUT also tell them that I'm sure it will not be that long and we will make it though this and we are going to do everything we can to make it work and make my down time much shorter than the doctor says.

That's the way I see it. Trump is trying to do everything the doctors say but also trying to keep people's hopes up that it's not going to be as long as they might say. Plus they did say they would take another look at where we are in a certain amount of time then do what is needed at that time.

What I'm saying is simply: Trump is trying to do two things at the very same time: to protect the nation from this virus and to keep us from going into a Depression which is entirely possible. Remember the quote from the article you posted by Brilliant, the smallpox guy "remember, this is NOT the zombie apocalypse. This is NOT a mass extinction event.". Many people will get infected. Some will inevitably die. The majority will recover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 03:12PM by Daniel Tn.
March 24, 2020 03:40PM
goodmore Wrote:
> tabman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It isn't as simple as lives vs businesses. Lives
> w
> > ill be lost if our economy collapses.
> >
> > tabman
>
> The economy? If the US economy can't handle a mont
> h than the economy was a joke to begin with.
>
> More like a certain person's job was hinging on an
> over inflated stock market and now that hinge has
> swung the door the other way.
>
>
> Stay healthy. The best thing you can do for yourse
> lf and the economy.

It doesn't matter what Trump does or doesn't do, you and the Dems are going to be against it. Apparently you overlooked facts like job numbers etc. Also being energy independent is a big deal, because now we don't have to depend on our enemies for energy. Oh, let's not forget about bringing back manufacturing to the USA. I could go on, but trying to reason with a liberal Dem is a big waste of time.
March 24, 2020 03:47PM
I don't need to say a thing. Donnie seems to do a fine job of alienating himself just fine. Gee I wonder how many of those undecided swing voters were won over by him lately. I know when he verbally attacked a reporter instead of giving assurance to the American people he sure shined. My last post on the subject.

Stay healthy. For yourself and your country.
March 24, 2020 05:38PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Cal, no you're still not getting what I'm saying.
>
> Let me try it one more time. Then I'm done.
>
> How many of you are or have been a father who works/worked to take care of his family as best as he could and HAVE given up certain things to support your family and WILL keep on doing it no mater what?
>
> Then, say the doctor tells you that you can't work for anywhere from 6 months to a year. I mean you CANNOT work, not ever from home, not online or the pohone or any how, just set in front of a TV for 6 months to a year?
>
> Now which one do you do? Tell the doc ok and run home crying to your wife and family that you can't work any more then get in your chair, pop up your feet and turn on the TV.
> Or do you first protest to the doctor telling him you can't take that long and then tell your wife and after that get the family together and tell them the news BUT also tell them that I'm sure it will not be that long and we will make it though this
> and we are going to do everything we can to make it work and make my down time much shorter than the doctor says.
>
> That's the way I see it. Trump is trying to do everything the doctors say but also trying to keep people's hopes up that it's not going to be as long as they might say. Plus they did say they would take another look at where we are in a certain amount of time then do what is needed at that time.
>
> What I'm saying is simply: Trump is trying to do two things at the very same time: to protect the nation from this virus and to keep us from going into a Depression which is entirely possible. Remember the quote from the article you posted by Brilliant, the smallpox guy "remember, this is NOT the zombie apocalypse. This is NOT a mass extinction event.". Many people will get infected. Some will inevitably die. The majority will recover.

Daniel I get what you're saying, and I don't disagree, I think in reality we're on the same page..

What I'm saying is the White House seems to error more on the side of $ vs human tragedy , but in reality it's a balancing act, and can in fact be one in the same. I understand that.

The trillion dollar question is, which end of the pendulum should we error on? Either way has it's pros and cons, and serious repercussions. And depending on your unique perspective and views, will determine which side of the pendulum makes the most sense to you. It's kind of a damned if we do, damned if we don't scenario to a degree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 05:40PM by Cal_cobra.
March 24, 2020 06:00PM
I strongly believe, goodmore, that the undecided vote is steadily deciding to vote for President Trump in 2020 and even more will decide to as time goes along. Vast numbers of voters are finally waking up to just how hateful the Dems have been and continue to be and that their agenda is not in the best interests of the country. My opinion, anyway. HH jim tn