Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Don’t just worry - do something?

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Don’t just worry - do something?
March 23, 2020 05:02PM
Lots of clever folks on this forum. I got interested in the supply chain issues with N95 masks cause I used to do Sourcing for 35 years or so. After wearing myself out reading stuff about non-woven melt blown fabric and the like, I came across folks who are trying to develop alternatives to the N95 masks which are in such desperately short supply. Here are a couple of links which might be of interest.

First, a serious proposal from a hospital on how to create effective masks from existing medical products not in such critically short supply

[www.childrenshospital.org]

Now some stuff on the effectiveness of substitute masks

[smartairfilters.com]

[smartairfilters.com]

On down to sewing machine produced substitute masks

[www.youtube.com]

And for the non-mask wearers - this Facebook site on all kinds of innovation in making and using personal protection equipment to counter CV19

[www.facebook.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 05:03PM by lytle78.
Re: Don’t just worry - do something?
March 23, 2020 05:34PM
March 23, 2020 05:56PM
Rick with More timely and informative links---thanks, it makes it easier than having to wade through countless webb sites.
March 23, 2020 08:21PM
I do deleading and wear a respirator a lot, it keeps lead dust and dust from the horse hair plaster we rip off the wall, anybody know if this is better than a N95 masks , those N95 masks look like they can leak around the edges, and that's why I don't use the regular paper masks, thanks