Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Darwin Award - Covid Version - don’t do this

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Darwin Award - Covid Version - don’t do this
March 24, 2020 10:59PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Slightly different views are one thing....total op
> posite views these days. Both sided use to circle
> around the American Way, the Constitution and the
> Bill of Rights, as it should be.
> You veer away from that, you don't need to be in t
> he U.S. government serving American's.

You got that right!

tabman
March 24, 2020 11:19PM
+ 1. HH jim tn
March 24, 2020 11:25PM
ozzie Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh good another different ethnic group to hate.
> >
> > Hating Muslims and people south of the border wa
> s
> > getting boring.
>
> For the most part goodmore, it's their government,
> not the people. The Muslims, it's their radical be
> liefs. . . .is what it boils down to.

Absolutely, I was referring to the oppressive governments across the world, certainly not the individuals who reside under them. I don’t care if you’re green with purple polka dots....
March 25, 2020 12:22AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Slightly different views are one thing....total op
> posite views these days. Both sided use to circle
> around the American Way, the Constitution and the
> Bill of Rights, as it should be.
> You veer away from that, you don't need to be in t
> he U.S. government serving American's.

I think both sides still follow those principles, just a matter of interpretation.
March 25, 2020 12:31AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Slightly different views are one thing....total opposite views these days. Both sided use to circle
> around the American Way, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as it should be.
> You veer away from that, you don't need to be in the U.S. government serving American's.

What's the "American Way," and who gets to define it?
March 25, 2020 12:40AM
Geotech Wrote:
> ozzie Wrote:
> -----
> > Slightly different views are one thing....total
> opposite views these days. Both sided use to circ
> le
> > around the American Way, the Constitution and th
> e Bill of Rights, as it should be.
> > You veer away from that, you don't need to be in
> the U.S. government serving American's.
>
> What's the "American Way," and who gets to define
> it?

For starters, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Taking away our guns, open borders and getting rid of the Electoral College is a no go for me.

tabman
March 25, 2020 12:52AM
A good question. American way? Something we grew up hearing on the old Superman show. Treat people as you want to be treated is a good starting point. But it is not unique to America. I always thought that a crisis would heal the differences in our nation. Not even close. In fact things are worse. Go figure. Maybe the next 250 years will be better.
March 25, 2020 01:01AM
The American Way is fluid. So is the Constitution. At one time women couldn't vote, alcohol was illegal, and owning slaves was OK. Those all changed, and not everyone liked those changes. Things will continue to change, and not everyone will like those changes, either.
March 25, 2020 01:49AM
I have learned from history: that we do NOT learn from history.

(((Subsequently: history keeps repeating itself))).
March 25, 2020 05:37AM
The word INVINCIBLE comes to mind here.
Moral of the story = Super Powers are not invincible.

This word invincible brings this song by this lovely lady to mind. I was very young when I heard this song for the first time. And I never forgot it.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 05:39AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2020 11:30AM
Short answer;......The American Way. = The Constitution, Bill of Rights, Ten Commandants, Rights of Being.

We all know it. Once you do know it, think it, it is a natural and good feeling. It is how man is supposed to move, think and treat others, it is wholesome. It is how we all would like to be treated. It is fair and loving. It is a clear mind and conscience, it's Gods way and I'm not talking God of mans religion, same One though.

Our Forefathers worked long and hard for this way. We had two civil wars for this American Way.

Because we are only Man, it's hard to get right. We keep trying but there is something that is opposite and opposing. We are Americans, We can't loose this.
The American Way
March 25, 2020 01:59PM
Something my wife shared with me -

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.” Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

You’ve got two Democrat Governors getting told “We will make it happen” by a Republican President who has fought with them for three and half years. While the media keeps repeating itself, “We are a nation divided.”

What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!
March 25, 2020 02:41PM
ozzie - Thanks for the positive examples in your last two posts!! thumbs down
March 25, 2020 02:54PM
SeabeeRon Wrote:
> ozzie - Thanks for the positive examples in your l
> ast two posts!! thumbs down

You got it brother.
March 25, 2020 03:09PM
Geotech Wrote:
> The American Way is fluid. So is the Constitution.
> At one time women couldn't vote, alcohol was illegal, and owning slaves was OK.
Those all changed, and not everyone liked those changes. Things will continue to change,
and not everyone will like those changes, either.

+1 thumbs down Well said

That being said, changes need to be made through voted change in the constitution, not by interpretation by someone in power...
...and ratified by the states. That means California and New York don't get to decide just because they have a lot of people.
We are a Republic and all states have equal voice. Hence, the electoral college.
March 25, 2020 06:56PM
this is a grease virus, we should be eating soap, that's why you can get rid of it with soap and water, eat soap, you dirty mouth people smiling smiley
March 26, 2020 01:21AM
We do need more positive posts......not doom and gloom. The cheap labor in China is a form of slavery. The abuse allowed in China would not be legal here in the States. Our relationship with China needs to change. Everything happens for a reason. Trump might be the strongest business negotiator to make these changes. I can't imagine Biden as the Captain in this pandemic. I have never agreed 100% with any of our Presidents (including Trump). There was a time that "Made In the USA" was normal.. What year did the shift go to China made products? Keep positive everyone. We are survivors.
March 26, 2020 01:32AM
Sven1 Wrote:
> Shouldn't have been using aquarium meds. His probl
> em was using the phosphate version
>

Yep, and yet people are still missing the fact that they are different chemicals. I often worry about people voting that don't understand basic science.
March 26, 2020 02:29AM
Actually. I thought that was the case also, but. in fact the aquarium disinfectant and the malaria pill have EXACTLY the same ingredient - Cloroquine Phosphate.

[www.webmd.com]

The difference is that the tablets are “buffered” with something so that. A 500mg tablet has only 300mg of the drug in it. Those poor folks consumed somewhere around 5 grams of pure stuff. - a fatal dose.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2020 02:30AM by lytle78.
March 26, 2020 07:12PM
Arkansas Wrote:
> What year did the shift go to China made products?

It accelerated around 2000, but was initiated by Reagan.
March 26, 2020 07:26PM
Geotech Wrote:
> Arkansas Wrote:
> -----
> > What year did the shift go to China made product
> s?
>
> It accelerated around 2000, but was initiated by Reagan.

Say it isn't so eye popping smiley

Follow the money, that always works.
March 26, 2020 07:35PM
Wasn’t it Tricky Dick who went to China in the middle of Watergate?!?
March 26, 2020 11:15PM
SeabeeRon Wrote:
> Wasn’t it Tricky Dick who went to China in the middle of Watergate?!?

Good point! I know he's credited as opening up trade relations with them. All before my time, but yes, I believe you're correct.
March 27, 2020 12:33AM
Nixon opened cultural relations. Reagan's deregulations and supply-side economics are what spurred companies to off-shore everything they could. Instead of trickle-down, we got deluge-up; the money flowed to the top. In a nutshell, that's why we are where we are.
March 27, 2020 01:01AM
Who knows where we end up. Demanding where things are made is not capitalism. And actually against the law for the most part. Maybe in the name of national security for some items. But for the most part corporate profits is the name of the game. Shareholder interest is the goal.

Decades and an unfathomable amount of money was spent on Chinese investment. Change....if it happens at all will be decades again.
March 27, 2020 01:47AM
Don’t know Goodmore. This has scared the crap out of a lot of companies who blindly offshore their production to China - and made even bigger companies like Apple thoughtful about the “all the eggs in one basket” aspect of their current supply chain.

Rick Kempf
March 27, 2020 02:14AM
Oh it is very scary and stressful. I worry about family members all the time. Politics? This country and the world will never be the same. I really dont think that it will be figured out for years as to corrective measures. The national debt? So far gone it is irrelevant. Healthcare? It will never be the same. Interesting times and decisions coming.
March 27, 2020 02:32AM
We were peddled BS for a long time.
Yeah Trump knew it too.
Just look what happened.
We became energy independent.
All this Middle East BS over the years.

Then look at the new trade deal with China.
They were taking us to the bank.
And the longer serving politicians just sit back and let it happen.

Now you know why the establishment hated Trump and the left too.

You know what kind of person Trump is?
He don't want to hear when he asked a question, we do it this way because we have always done it this way.

This sewer sold us all out. The common folks.

Hear Biden cashed in in China and Ukraine.
No wonder things stayed status quo with Obala and Biden.

Plane loads of cash in the middle of night to Iran!!

Yeah Trump looks real smart now don't he !!

Southern border- yeah Corona could have come through there last summer and we would be now!!

Trump don't believe in shell games.

And the fake news media needs to get out of their offices and go be real reporters and ask questions and actually report on the true pulse and concerns of the American people. Not these stupid polls!!!

I pegged Trump right from the start. Good thing we got him. This Corona plays right into his wheelhouse. Trump is a logistics person. Big Time!!

Yeah big changes are ahead. But not if red tape Biden is elected.

Cheers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 02:36AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 27, 2020 02:34AM
I'm glad that we build our products in the U.S.A. All of our engineering is done in Santa Clara, California. That said, there are some components that are sourced overseas, but only passive ones, and not necessarily made in China.

We take network security seriously where I work, having products and IP developed in China goes against the grain and vision of our company.

Sad that the United States is now number one, leading the world in total number of Coronavirus cases thumbs up
March 27, 2020 03:00AM
A quote today from you know who..DT

“ I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have 2 ventilators."

He really said this today - my pointing this out this is not political - we are at war with a relentless enemy and this is saying we don’t need weapons. I don’t care how many rounds of ammo you have, if you’re have severe respiratory failure, you need a ventilator - and we are horribly short of them and the trained medical personnel to use them.

God help us. Such colossal ignorance puts us all at risk.

P. S, spare me the talking points about how whatever previous administration should have done this or that. This is NOW. And the guy in charge thinks 2 ventilators in a hospital is “par for the course” - he knows - he’s a golfer.

This guy puts my life at risk NOW. I don’t like it.

Rick Kempf

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 03:25AM by lytle78.