Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SO IT Begins

Posted by doc holiday 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SO IT Begins
March 24, 2020 06:57PM
The LA sheriff just ordered gun stores to be closed. His reason--"to protect the public".
REMEMBER: the police are only 30 minutes away when seconds count.
Re: SO IT Begins
March 24, 2020 07:31PM
I've been telling my wife , this is a take over, in 2 weeks they took over everything because of a few, soon they will send you money, tell you when you can shop, what you can buy, then tighten it more, you eat to much, you get less money, you have to live here, it what they tell you they been planning for years, take the wires, one in your belly button, one up your butt, welcome to the Matrix, you are a battery
March 24, 2020 07:42PM
The virus can't be shot.
March 24, 2020 07:51PM
Certain"virus'" can be.
March 24, 2020 08:03PM
I try and stay locked and loaded.
Ordered 1,000 rounds 17hm2 Sunday as well as 5,000 of the geco match 22 LR ammo. Found them both in stock.
Already had 2550 rounds of 17hm2 on hand and 6000 rounds of the geco.

Besides detecting I do play with bows and guns.

So here you go.
A few videos to watch while you are in lockdown.

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 09:03PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 24, 2020 08:13PM
It's because large numbers of shoppers have been stocking up at the gun stores just like at the grocery stores. That kind of behavior worries some people.
March 24, 2020 08:20PM
Nice shooting Tnss. What's your favorite recipe for squirrel?
March 24, 2020 08:21PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's because large numbers of shoppers have been s
> tocking up at the gun stores just like at the groc
> ery stores. That kind of behavior worries some peo
> ple.

Probably the same people who had 2 rolls of toilet paper on hand when the lock down began.
March 24, 2020 08:44PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Nice shooting Tnss. What's your favorite recipe fo
> r squirrel?

Depends on their age.
Young- little salt, pepper roll in flour and fry. Steam just a little bit.

Old- boil for 45 minutes to one hour (checking boil time by sticking fork in legs. Then do what I said above as far as young ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 09:04PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 24, 2020 09:27PM
goodmore Wrote:
> The virus can't be shot.

Vermin can be. Times like these bring them out.

I learned from the Obama era ammo years to always have a healthy supply on hand. So when things settled down and you could readily find it, for non inflated prices, I started buying then.

Some of the people buying now, were in that group a year or two ago that asked "Why do you need a gun to hunt with when you can just go to the grocery store to get food". Uh oh...

The past couple weeks have turned their world upside down. Shelves are empty of all essential items that were always available. Food is trickling in, and being limited to 1 or 2 items per customer for the more popular items (meats, cans of soup, and even the vegetables...all our local grocery stores are sold out of russet potatoes). They aren't intending on going out to hunt wild game, I can assure you. Some of these jokers are intending to prey on other people if it comes to it.
March 24, 2020 09:46PM
Yeah I worry about protecting my dozen eggs. I'll shoot the first person through the door looking for them. Paranoia will destroy ya. But hey while people are checking out alone in ICUs across the nation the closure of gun shops should certainly take a priority. That darn Obama strikes again.
March 24, 2020 09:53PM
A sheriff in NC just suspended CCW permits---says he needs "more time" to process. Yeah.
March 24, 2020 10:03PM
"Low risk" offenders are being released from jail and shop lifters aren't even charged or pursued.
Ever heard of the "broken window" theory??
March 24, 2020 10:24PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> "Low risk" offenders are being released from jail
> and shop lifters aren't even charged or pursued.
> Ever heard of the "broken window" theory??

It works, ask Rudy Giuliani.
March 24, 2020 10:50PM
Goodmore - Just do like you guys normally do. Put up a "no guns allowed" sign. That should work to keep the vermin away. I'm surprised your kind hasn't thought of putting up "no Corona virus allowed" signs. That would work just as well.
March 24, 2020 11:19PM
Or Big G could try one of those signs,you know the one that says "Will Detect For Food".

Just kidding Goodie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 11:20PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2020 12:09AM
My buddy in Phoenix said their massive Cabelas gun section was wiped out, except for the absolute most expensive guns that nobody ever buys, and the same thing for ammo except for the really oddball calibers.

Right now I wouldn't mind living in the deserts of Nevada one bit.
March 25, 2020 12:39AM
Hey in times of fear and stress we all turn to things that comfort us. Jesus, guns, Donnie, whatever. I get it. Some just go detecting for the distraction. I get it. Me....I turn to Amazon music and a bottle of red wine. But in the end i will say you are highly more likely to suffer from the virus than an intruder, and that gun is statistically proven to be more of a threat to a loved one than an intruder. But hey we aint in love so carry on.
March 25, 2020 02:13AM
I killed a elk and a deer this last fall. Seems like I'm about the only guy around with any ground meat. Been giving some to my staff and neighbors. It's good to be a hunter right now. Just made a big pot of elk green chili to take on a nugget hunting trip to the Quartzite, Az area this Thursday-Sunday! Talk about social distancing! Camping way out in the Mojave Desert is about as distant as a guy can get... usually don't see another soul for days. Sweet desolation! Temps will be in the 70s.

I roll all my own ammo except .22 and shotgun and I'm well stocked on those so I'm all good.

Stay safe everyone.

Dean
March 25, 2020 02:15AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> "Low risk" offenders are being released from jail
> and shop lifters aren't even charged or pursued.
> Ever heard of the "broken window" theory??

Anyone ever want to guess what the average number of felonies your average jailbird commits before he is ever sentenced to something other than probation?

(hint: its in the dozens+)

The "justice" system is a bad joke designed to grind money out of everyone involved. About the only "innocent" people in jail are those in for nonpayment of child support. And I was taught in grade school that one of the founding principles of this nation was the abolishment of debtor's prisons. (yes, yes I know the bs legalese that gets around that).

Let's Rock.
March 25, 2020 02:17AM
goodmore Wrote:
....., and that gun is statistically prov
> en to be more of a threat to a loved one than an
> intruder....

Absolute total BS.
Don't believe everything the libtards tell you. Or the mainstream media. But I repeat myself.
March 25, 2020 02:40PM
Got worried for a second. Thought I was on the vintage stereo forums.winking smiley

goodmore [ PM ]
Re: FindMall Under Construction
January 23, 2020 05:19AM Registered: 9 years ago

I am taking the opportunity to call it quits over there. I tried to keep interest by staying active on the Nox threads, but they just recycle the same questions. Being half way kicked out for years I am sure I will not be missed. In fact detecting has been non existent in my life for quite some time. Other hobbies and work consume my time. See you on the vintage stereo forums.
March 25, 2020 04:32PM
Time has been on my side. Too much of it has reduced me to boredom. For the most part I refrain from commenting on political issues. One thing I learned is nobody will change their mind on politics because of forum posts and arguments. Absolutely nobody. At one time I would argue, now I mostly laugh. As for the stereo forums...I still surf there quite regularly. Good music soothes me. More than the BS of politics.
March 25, 2020 05:20PM
March 25, 2020 10:46PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I turn to Amazon music and a bottle of red wine.

I'm sitting on about 300 bottles of wine and have internet, so I guess all's okay thumbs down
March 25, 2020 11:29PM
Bottles - we don’t need no stinking bottles!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 26, 2020 12:30AM
That picture is amazing. You know you just put a tremendous smile on my face. Thanks!
March 26, 2020 02:29PM
Kalifornia state legal advisors informed the gov that gun stores are"essential businesses" and can remain open. Hmmmmmmm.
March 26, 2020 02:58PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Kalifornia state legal advisors informed the gov t
> hat gun stores are"essential businesses" and can r
> emain open. Hmmmmmmm.

I know doc, doesn't make sense. Wolf a dem gov from PA did the same thing....hmm, what are they up to?
March 26, 2020 03:02PM
The Mayor of El Paso issued a shutdown order of all “non-essential” businesses. First Texas Products - “FTP” (Fisher, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter) is in El Paso. A letter issued by the President of FTP, Tom Walsh.

So it looks like the factory will continue activities for industrial and security products, but the Treasere/Hobby lines will not be open. Working from home, administrative and customer service functions will continue. Interestingly enough FTP has a lot of experience with working remotely. Their two most senior marketing folks as well as their chief engineer work primarialy from their respective homes in Colorado, Wisconsin and Oregon,

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold