Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I have a Tesoro Cortes that I'd like to tweak the Disc mode ground balance

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I have a Tesoro Cortes that I'd like to tweak the Disc mode ground balance
March 31, 2020 09:00PM
I have a Tesoro Cortes that needs the Disc Mode preset ground balance adjusted.

I opened her up to see if I could figure out which vari-resistor to adjust but the board isn't marked and I don't know which one to adjust.

Anyone know which of the vari-resistors is the one for the Disc mode preset ground balance?

Thanks,
Mike
Re: I have a Tesoro Cortes that I'd like to tweak the Disc mode ground balance
April 01, 2020 06:58AM
I believe the Cortes and Deleon share the same pcb layout with the Cortes just having more features and a different micro. (Edit: You can see the Cortes Rev 2 printed on the pcb at the bottom right.)

This is a pic of the Deleon. Tweaked out the D will hit and ID accurately a 9" dime in my test garden (9x8 coil), wouldn't doubt the C might be able to do better.

Edit: Tried to adjust image size with no luck.. but you can see, lol thats all that matters..

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 07:09AM by Mike C.
April 01, 2020 01:50PM
Thank you,Mike!!!!!!

That is exactly what I needed to know.

I'll share the Cortes board sometime this week so folks can have an image of both.

My Very Best Regards,

Mike
April 01, 2020 08:06PM
No problem. The three pots stacked right below the one labeled "VDI Bars" adjusts the VDI sensitivity and the ID spread if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure which of the two does this, and what the third of those does, I can't remember. If you plan to tweak the VDI, it makes for neat stuff you can do, like expand the mid range if you park hunt and want to see a broader spread between different types of pull tabs. It doesn't expand far though. I've been meaning to do some tweaking on it so I'll maybe dig mine out and play with it this weekend.

Best of luck