Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta???

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta???
April 01, 2020 01:07PM
Tom ......... or anyone,ive not seen a lot out out of Nokta in awhile. They were pretty active on here and producing competitive detectors. I know Tom was testing a few and providing some input. Did we scare um off? Right now everyone seems to be scrambling to compete with the Nox. Ive not heard much out of Fisher or Whites either in the way of upgrades or new multi use machines. Well except for the AQ/Terra which isnt multi use i dont believe.... time frame who knows. Nokta seemed like they were doing well..... did the virus hit them hard?
Re: Nokta???
April 01, 2020 07:09PM
True this. Yes...….. Nokta was cranking out a new unit (what seemed like) every 4-months. Except for the Simplex...…… this trend seemed to have stopped. I know they were working on a kids detector quite some time ago. , . , . , . , . , . , . , and I'm not sure where this stands either. The Simplex has a new software update coming out also. Just not sure 'when'. I know they are also attempting a shot at SMF; yet...……………. again...…………….. I do not know where this stands either. I too...….. miss Dilek….and her updates. The last time that she was at my abode...…… she listened, carried-out...….. and implemented. She is a wonderful listener...…. and very serious 'go-getter'. Nokta has always been a very aggressive company...…. all within their capabilities and limitations. I also know they are 'honkered-down' …… due to COVID-19. SMART! I'm still stunned by the: price......vs......performance...…... of the Simplex.

With all of that being said...….. here's my (present) 'gut': Many Mfr's are still putting out new single freq VLF, motion-disc detectors...….. with maybe a few new bells/whistles. . . . . . and a new paint job. This has been going on for a long time. VERY few Mfr's have been able to...….. 'crack-the-code'...…… and bust through the existing plateau. You will notice...….. most of today's single-freq VLF's have very similar depth/performance...….(within similar price-brackets). It's been this way for a long time. In one regard...… Minelab is staying within the confines of their SMF. Their Explorer, E-Trac, Safari, CTX...… and even the EQX...….. seem to give very similar performance. Overall depths and performance of these units …… have great similarities. BUT...….. I will say this: The EQX does appear to give better/more accurate ID's...….. """at depth""". And ……… the EQX...……………..by far...……………...presents much greater/enhanced adjacent target separation characteristics. (To include: in iron).

Soooooooooo. Where am I going with all of this. Only the Tarsacci and the EQX seem to be 'true' technological advancements.....in this detecting World. Crazy thing is: Dimitar could skip the next Generation...…. and go straight to 2nd Generation! His problem is: Resources. This decelerates him...….. but...…. he will get it done.
On the otherhand; Minelab is slower...….. can only advance one Generation ahead...….at a time. BUT (again)…….. they DO have the resources...…. and WILL advance this. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo……………………. the end-resultant: Minelab and Dimitar are the World's technological 'advancers' (at present time)…….. in this World of beeperdom.

When other Mfr's can go beyond single-freq VLF's...…… they 'may' LAUNCH!
April 01, 2020 08:02PM
Dilek is still keeping up with us. At least on the FB groups. She made a post yesterday on some of the active FB groups and addressed some of the comments that were made about the TID numbers. I imagine that she makes the rounds to the active forums as well. So far, I am quite satisfied with my Simplex+. I can't ever use it as my son has taken it over. But, that is OK. I still have my Deus. Oh, she also announced a couple of weeks ago that they will have a couple of new coils for the Simplex+ that will soon be released. She also said the plant is working. All is good!
April 01, 2020 09:56PM
James that's good to hear thumbs down

Given that the Turkish govt (as so many did) tried to downplay COVID-19, three weeks ago they only reported 1 case. Now it's being reported as out of control, so not sure what's going on there. Now they're govt is saying almost 16K cases, but it's being reported that number may be closer to 500,000 due to their wait and see approach to containing it.

I'll sure be glad when this is behind us.
April 01, 2020 10:09PM
Doesn't sound like "all is good" to me!---Thanks for that report Cal.-----Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James that's good to hear thumbs down
>
> Given that the Turkish govt (as so many did) tried
> to downplay COVID-19, three weeks ago they only re
> ported 1 case. Now it's being reported as out of
> control, so not sure what's going on there. Now t
> hey're govt is saying almost 16K cases, but it's b
> eing reported that number may be closer to 500,000
> due to their wait and see approach to containing i
> t.
>
> I'll sure be glad when this is behind us.
April 02, 2020 02:48AM
Message from her that
Nokta/Makro in full operation, business as usual.
But, the gov't has closed businesses similar to what the US and Canada has closed down.
And Covid 19 is spreading there as it is in other places.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 02, 2020 08:21AM
Many Nokta models, such as the Impact, still have the ability to find things other single frequency brands have missed. It is fairly stable on mineralized ground, but not comparable to the BBS, FBS, or Equinox. Performance-wise the Nokta is like a digitalized Vista model. Not quite the XP level digital, but still excellent in iron. Wonder if XP will dive into waterproofing. Look forward to what the future holds.
April 02, 2020 10:43AM
Hello all... Sorry I have not been posting lately.

Now, to answer a few questions / comments:

Did we get scared off? I can only smile at this especially after the release and the success of the Simplex+ worlwide. Maybe the opposite holds true?

The kids detector is almost ready for the final testing stage yet I do not know whether we will delay the testing due to many of our testers being in countries with lock downs. In addition, we also have kids testers and we cannot put any kid at risk at this stage unless thye have their own private garden to use the detector.

We have been working on an update for the Simplex+ which is almost ready to be released... I will also announce it here on this forum.

SMF - still in the works yet do not have an exact date for it.

COVID-19 - The COVID-19 situation has affected Turkey just like most other countries in the world.
Yet, we are working and still shipping product. We realize that the whole world is going through tough times including here but we are also trying our best to keep the business going and support our dealers, customers etc so the smaller businesses can survive and we avoid long lasting recessions.

We are now all in this equally. The Corona virus, unfortunately, does not discriminate like our metal detectors. We are all equal – regardless of our country and race. It is now time to unite – not physically - but mentally and responsibly and do the right thing. For ourselves, for our loved ones and for the humanity.

I thank those who were concerned and wondered if I were OK (some also emailed me) ... business and money aside, I believe this is what the humanity had been lacking on - being simple human beings and caring about each other. This whole crisis, I hope, will shake the humanity up in a good way and humans will remember what is more important in life and will start appreciating that one breath we can take into our lungs unlike thousands and thousands around the world right now who cannot. It is a pity, that the price we are paying is too high....

Please all stay safe and healthy!

Dilek
April 02, 2020 11:35AM
Thanks you for the update Dilek. Not many if ANY detector owers/company reps. are as active as you guys. We get a lot of trickle down info/mis-info but you seem more than willing to put yourselves out there to squash any rumors and clarify questions. Now thats good business considering some of the peoples attitudes on the net now days. Stay safe......and hopefully you are right about it changing the world growing hatred toward one another.
April 02, 2020 12:43PM
She had an update video on facebook.
That is where they seem to put most of their stuff up.

EDIT OH she beat me to it LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2020 12:44PM by GreenMeanie.
April 02, 2020 02:21PM
Thanks Ms. Dilek for the update and inspiring message.

Note to self: Try and get such a speedy reply from a"Made in America" company.And "YES" I love and defend my country daily from the lefties on the internet.
April 03, 2020 02:00AM
Dilek……… THANK YOU!!!
Hope to reunite in Mims & Orlando again!...…… with ALL: in good health!
But...…. this time...…. maybe invite forum members!