Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How Many Detectors Do You Own???????

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How Many Detectors Do You Own???????
July 07, 2011 02:56AM
Hi....I'm kinda curious how many detectors everyone owns???? I started counting mine and so far I counted 16....There's probably more around if I look really hard....Is this normal ???? Owning this many detectors don't sound quite normal to me,but maybe you guys have a lot too or maybe even more....I can only use one at a time so something not right..LOL......JJ
Re: How Many Detectors Do You Own???????
July 07, 2011 03:17AM
Well.....you have more than me...not that much though.
I think most of us in this hobby, at least the really serious ones... do!
July 07, 2011 06:00AM
Just under 50.
July 07, 2011 06:10AM
I am a wimpsmiling smiley I only own 2, but, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2011 06:18AM by TerraDigger.
July 07, 2011 06:18AM
Uh, 6 if you dont count pinpointers, then it is 10. But that is less than 1 per month!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 07, 2011 07:37AM
1 can't afford 2

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 07, 2011 10:15AM
I own 3,, right now. A CZ3D,, a CZ5 ,, & a Tesoro Compadre .
July 07, 2011 10:29AM
I have only two and one on loan to me from a friend who dosen't detect much anymore.
July 07, 2011 11:28AM
F75 LTD
F75 [ fore sale ]
Gold Bug SE
Beach hunter ID
CZ 70

And working on a trade

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2011 01:24PM by gman.
July 07, 2011 01:05PM
More than ....I have fingers and toes......anybody have a extra room I can borrow?
July 07, 2011 01:31PM
Yoh guys and gals...its part of the hobby..

In my prime had about half a doz. but now have a Fisher CZ5 for pure silver coin depth and a Garrett GTAx1250 for clad and its like gold jewelry and don't need imaging or profiling but do like the idea of not digging a single number
but in both cases a meter facet containing several numbers lest I become meter dependant and lose a nice silver coin or gold ring.

Before starting the hobby in my early 50's I was an avid hunter for 35 years or so and bought (one) Ithica Shotgun and 300 savage rifle and thats all I used over the years..Over the last 20 years or so I think 100 would not cover the number of units I tried so go figger..(((again just part of the hobby as certainly many could say the same.)))
July 07, 2011 01:33PM
I had to promise my wife I wouldn't keep more than 6 at any one time. We just don't have the space available to store them.

The conversation goes something like this when she starts to see them where she doesn't expect to:

Her = Mike, how many detectors do you have?

Me = How many do you think I have?

Her = Well, there are three in the closet.

Me = Remember one of those is yours.

Her = and there are two behind the door.

Me = so that makes five counting yours.

Her = How many detectors are under the bed?

Me = How many do you think are under the bed?

Her = I think there are two under the bed.

Me = Is that too many? (there are three under the bed)

Her = three in the closet, (I interject one is hers), two behind the door, and two under the bed. That makes seven. That is too many.

Me = remember one is yours.

Her = doesn't matter, remember our agreement.

Me = I'll sell a couple.

And of course I buy more with the money from the sale. I am passed the 40 mark for detectors owned. Current ownership includes Garrett's AT Pro, Tesoro's Cortes, a version 6.1 Fisher F5 and a version 6.3 Fisher F5., plus the the wife's Tesoro Compadre (which I don't understand why she keeps adding to my count) A new DFX is on the list to buy before they get discontinued.

HH
Mike
July 07, 2011 03:09PM
I don't own any they are all family to me...six

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 07, 2011 04:15PM
Lowboy...what are their names? All family members have namessmiling smiley........wishing you the best.
July 07, 2011 06:15PM
Hi,,, Hey Tom it kinda sounds like you are running low on detectors....You could try FeeBay and maybe buy some more....LOL....JJ
July 07, 2011 09:57PM
I'm up to 6 now in the house and gave away 2 to friends, all have been paid for by finds, is there any other hobby like this smiling smiley
July 07, 2011 11:59PM
Let's see....

CZ-70 Pro times two
ID Edge <<<<FOR SALE smiling smiley
F75 LTD
Mindlab Sovereign
Tekneticks Omega
Garrett AT Pro
==============
Seven smiling smiley
July 08, 2011 01:59AM
F 75 LTD and Omega, both of which I use regularly. Then, 3 that are 70 era models. HH jim tn
July 08, 2011 02:45AM
tom...........just under 50???? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike............7 detectors? i would have suspected much more!!!!

mine..........fisher cz20, fisher cz6a, teknetics g2, minelab excalibur, tesoro golden sabre 2, bounty hunter discovery 3300
July 08, 2011 03:21AM
I caught a show on The Learning Channel (TLC)...comes on right after that Addiction show.....it was about hoarders.......I think the upcoming episode was Metal Detector Hoarders. Can a guy really have too many?????
July 08, 2011 06:21PM
I have two detectors and that's all i need.
July 08, 2011 06:37PM
When I first started I used to keep mine in peices so my wife couldn't tell how many I had or when I brought a new one into the apartment. Then about two years after that she got over it and no longer blinks a eye when the delivery truck drops a new one off. We live in an apartment so there isn't much storage room. When she see them starting to overflow the place she starts questioning my numbers smiling smiley Thus the agreement I wouldn't keep more than 6 around at any one time. Makes me keep them in motion more than I would like but it keeps the marital peace. Peace is sweet as you know the old saying, "If Momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy!" smiling smiley

But when you think about it, how many are really your favorites and how many are around just because you are curious and want to check them out, or perhaps are just speciality units you might use once or twice a year?

HH
Mike
July 09, 2011 01:14AM
My wife once asked me about "fishing poles" her words. She said to me "how many fishing poles do you need?" "Well" I said " There are many ways to fish, many types of fishing, different equipment for each" " Here I have a surf rod and reel for the beach, it's a long rod to cast far and keeps the line above the breakers. This rod and reel are for fishing in the surf while waiting for a hit on the big surf rod. Here is a salt water boat rod and reel for just dropping straight down from a boat. This is the first rod and reel my dad bought me and these here were my dads rods and these were my grandpops. This rod I got for 5 bucks at a yard sale and all these are for fresh water." She opened her eyes wide, shook her head and walked away. I'd guess if good detectors were the same price as rods and reels I would have a couple dozen.
July 09, 2011 02:23PM
1 F75 LTD Camo
1 F75 LTD Black (for sale)
1 DMC-IIB on a Whites rod
1 DMC-IIB on an S rod (would probably sell if asked)
It looks like I have squatters rights to a V3i that my brother has abandoned at my house
Hopefully an E-Trac in the NEAR future.

With me it has evolved. It started with guns, then guitars, then knives and now detectors. She stopped keeping track of all of it years ago. She says she can't count that fast.

Chris
July 09, 2011 02:32PM
Currently I am owned by a CZ 6A, CZ3, 3 PI,s F75, GB PRO, Tesoro Vaquero, ML Explorer, Tesoro Stingray Whites Gold Master 2 and a Detector Pro pinpointer. This number is subject to change
July 10, 2011 04:21AM
Ok Just had to sport my measly 4! ( thank god she allows me to have that many or maybe she hasn't figured it out because I keep them all in different places)
Whites Gm 3 2 coils
Tesoro Sand Shark
New Gold bug 2 coils
Minelab Sd 2200v2 3 coils
Vibra probe 580 pointer (does that count?)
Just sold my old Eagle Spectrum!
Many more to follow as finds buildup and I find a way to hide them form the detector terminator.
She just doesn't understand my lust for the unknown buried stuff.
HH All
July 10, 2011 03:47PM
Let's see, there are around 8 or maybe 9 if you count one that is disassembled for repair. The oldest is an OLD Garrett BFO, and my latest a F75 LTD. Some others in the herd are a Troy X3, two Garrett Groundhogs,2 Minelab GT Sovs, and an Aquasound (custom TR) for water work. Total owned is somewhere around 40 since the 70s when I started hunting. Ironically most of those were Whites, but right now I only have a vintage Coinmaster 4 that I don't use. I just kept it as a museum piece. It's beat to death. I would like to play with a VXi though.
I'd be interested in seeing what the NEXT detector is for you guys. For me, I'd like to snag a good used Fisher GB 2 for micro gold hunting, or maybe grab one of Tom's 'custom' CZ-3Ds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 03:49PM by Gary in Daytona.
July 10, 2011 11:23PM
Gary......that 'might' be a possibility.......due to the fact that I could give you a one-on-one training session,,,,,,,,,,,,then...............cut you loose.
July 13, 2011 11:32AM
You need to make your mind up soon there are no detector shops in heaven, I have two at any one time , one for land and one for the beach,, I am in the process of selling my Excalibur the proceeds will help fund a new XP Deus, which is supposed to be the dogs whats its,,
July 14, 2011 07:41AM
Neugene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1 F75 LTD Camo
> 1 F75 LTD Black (for sale)
> 1 DMC-IIB on a Whites rod
> 1 DMC-IIB on an S rod (would probably sell if
> asked)
> It looks like I have squatters rights to a V3i
> that my brother has abandoned at my house
> Hopefully an E-Trac in the NEAR future.
>
> With me it has evolved. It started with guns, then
> guitars, then knives and now detectors. She
> stopped keeping track of all of it years ago. She
> says she can't count that fast.
>
> Chris

might want to wait, and determine WHAT dave j and crew are
developing! f-80 (multi) or "killer" single frequency (v.l.f) me thinks dave
and crew have some cards to play!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.