Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How Many Detectors Do You Own???????

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: How Many Detectors Do You Own???????
July 14, 2011 06:04PM
Too late JT. In a round a bout way I made a trade for a used E-Trac with some extra goodies. I've read the rumors about the next best thing from FT but nothing regarding a firm release date. I usually wait until several units are in the field before leaping on the new machine band wagon. Don't get me wrong, I'm as fickle as they come, I just tend to wait until I'm reasonably sure that all the bugs have been worked out first.

Chris
July 15, 2011 07:58AM
Heathkit from 1970 (needs batteries)

Bounty Hunter - Prospector - SOLD in 2009

Bounty Hunter 3300 (should sell)

Fisher F-4 (should sell)

White's Surfmaster PI+ - It's a keeper!

XP Deus with 9" and 13"X11" coils - It's a keeper!

Vibraprobe - It's a keeper!

Makes 4 KEEPERS + 2 for sale...that's not too bad?
July 15, 2011 10:37AM
I recommend anyone owning more than 3 should go to THERAPY or consult with their DOCTOR. Owning 16 detectors is a serious case of detectoritis!!!
July 15, 2011 11:44PM
Very cool Tom. Now, where did I put that extra grand or two.... ;-) Seriously, I can't think of anyone that could 'tweak' one better for our conditions than you could. I may take you up on that sometime soon...
July 18, 2011 03:26PM
Holy Cow some of you guys are like women with shoes! LOL
I have two, an Omega 8000 (which I'll probably sell) and a White's V3i (only have had it 1 week). I'm getting used to the weight again, that Omega is light.
Might get a Deus but would like to wait to see what FT comes out with next.
July 20, 2011 12:35AM
I'm excessive with EVERYTHING I do ......I'm doing pretty well with detectors though ......I only have about a1/2 dozen now .......That's REALLY GOOD for me !!...I'm up to about 40 rods and reels ........I have about 50 guitars electric , acoustic , bass, 12 string , six string , etc .......I have probably 30 amplifiers ......I have 4 kayaks ........3 power boats .........5 motorcycles ....... tons of recording studio gaar ...... oh !!....and I just took up golf !!.....LOL !!!..... " HI , MY NAME IS JIM, AND I'M A TOYAHOLIC !!!" .......

Frankly as inexpensive as they are , and as many models as there are , I'm surprised that more people don't own Tesoro's ....I thought that everyone would own at least one Tesoro ......hmmmmm !!....Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 12:36AM by synthnut.
July 20, 2011 12:44AM
hi jim!
i'm lookin' for a job,and i hear YOU pay "very well!"
care to hire me?..just kidding!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 20, 2011 01:22AM
Synthnut, I recall years ago a store called "Play it Again". The guy sold used sporting goods and musical equipment. Your post reminds me of that place.
Oh yea, golf, hope you have patience. Good game and you probably can afford it.
Synth.......Toys.....Re: How Many Detectors Do You Own???????
July 20, 2011 04:21AM
I am available for adoption. smiling smiley And toilet trained too.....
Re: Synth.......Toys.....Re: How Many Detectors Do You Own???????
July 20, 2011 07:16AM
me too! (hot damn!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 24, 2011 06:24PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.... I bought all these things when I was working ....I had a house with a barn and 87 acres ....I was going to convert the barn into a recording studio ..... My son, who is disabled, needed better services than what was offereed in the area , and the spcialized school that he attended shut down , so I had to move where there was better services for him .... That kinda put an end to the rcording studio , and to all the other toys too for that matter .....Now there is no money around , and I can't sell any of them for much money !!...... After having so many toys , I can tell you from experience that the only thing that is REALLY important is your family, your friends , and your health ....I'm not only caring for my son, but also a brother who has esophagael cancer and was just given 3 mos to live from his doctors ....... I would trade everything I own to have a few additional days wtih my brother !!...... Jim
July 24, 2011 06:44PM
I think i have nine or ten.

Whites TDI
CZ3D
GBSE
Omega
CZ21 8" coil
CZ21 5" coil
Etrac
Excalibur
Discovery Baron
Gold Mountain Cobra
AT Pro

Guess i lost count!
July 24, 2011 06:49PM
truer words have never been spoken!
what use is money if health issues are paramount!
when you are "expired" you can't enjoy your money!

(h.h.!)
j.t.