Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank you Mr. Dankowski for sharing your wisdom, knowledge and suggestions concerning the Equinox.

Posted by EPL II 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mr. Dankowski,

Anytime you speak of settings and the operation of metal detectors (especially the Equinox) I stop and study your words very carefully.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

When you started the above post, I read your words over and over and learned everything I could from your posts. When I first started with the Equinox (I possess the 800 model) I was running anywhere from 6-8 in recovery and running Iron Bias as high as 5 and sensitivity set at 20 or sometimes even less. Other settings were Park1, Park2, Field1 and Field2, 50 tones, non-ferrous volume - 25 and no iron volume... I did make some nice old coin finds with these settings but wasn't finding anything terribly deep and targets weren't all that badly masked.....

When I read about the settings you suggested in the above post, I started running exclusively Park1, Volume- 25 then adjust my stock Wireless Minelab headphones to a comfortable level, Ferrous Volume - 1, Non-Ferrous Volume 25, 50 Tones, GB I keep set at 0, Auto noise cancel often, Sensitivity 23-25 but mainly set at 23, F2-0 and recovery set at mainly 4 and sometimes set at 3. However 4 seems to work best for me.

Once I changed my settings and started moving my coil at BBS / FBS speeds, that's when the magic of this machine showed up for me. I started making phenomenal and breathtaking finds even in iron laden areas. Some may call me crazy, but my latest copper proves the settings you have suggested are truly helping me!! This 1783 Nova Constelatio came from a public area that has been beaten since the invention of metal detectors. I am extremely happy with the Equinox and thanks again for your expertise!! - Jim in CT

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim...…. your find is of: MAJOR NATIONAL HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE!
A big "Congratulations" …. would merely be the understatement of the year.

I'm glad I contributed a small part in YOUR success!

Yes..... there are MANY times...….whereby...….I put a ton of (proverbial) "blood" into many of my posts...…....especially the more lengthy ones.......…….. only for them to whisk by...…. to be forsaken. Drawing very little attention and/or little (to: no) response(s). I am never a "credit-seeker"....... yet/however...... it certainly does play a role in my = withdrawing of making formidable posts. Desensitization. Enhanced disinterest.
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jim...…. your find is of: MAJOR NATIONAL HISTORICA
> L SIGNIFICANCE!
> A big "Congratulations" …. would merely be the und
> erstatement of the year.
>
> I'm glad I contributed a small part in YOUR succes
> s!
>
> Yes..... there are MANY times...….whereby...….I put a ton of (proverbial) "blood" into many of my posts...…....especially the more lengthy ones.......
> …….. only for them to whisk by...…. to be forsaken . Drawing very little attention and/or little (to: no) response(s). I am never a "credit-seeker".....
> .. yet/however...... it certainly does play a role in my = withdrawing of making formidable posts. Desensitization. Enhanced disinterest.

I hope you don't feel that way, I don't always comment, yet I pretty much read all of your posts, even on machines I don't have or ever plan to have, as your unique perspective is very educational and I always advance my learning and interest in the hobby.

I strongly believe your EQ800 settings w/ FE2/0 aided me in recovering my recent $1 US gold coin at a spot that Tom and I have pounded relentlessly with many different machines, including his infallible Explorer2 smiling smiley
WoW!! It's rarer to dig a Constelatio than a gold coin. George Washington may have dropped that bad boy.....I'm a bit jealous. smileys with beer
What a great recovery! Thanks for showing it. HH jim tn
Thank you Tom for responding and for your kind words. I could of just sent an email but I chose to publicly thank you. Why? You put sweat, blood and tears into explaining and sharing your knowledge. I don't believe you understand the impact you have on hunters who visit this forum and read your posts. I am one of them, this why I am thanking you on the forum. I will admit, I am one of your silent readers of the forum. When you write, I read and take notes. It is my belief many others do the same even though they may not respond to your post. Your words are not in vain!!! I am in awe of your wisdom and knowledge and thank you for sharing. - Jim

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Jim...…. your find is of: MAJOR NATIONAL HISTORICA
> L SIGNIFICANCE!
> A big "Congratulations" …. would merely be the und
> erstatement of the year.
>
> I'm glad I contributed a small part in YOUR succes
> s!
>
> Yes..... there are MANY times...….whereby...….I pu
> t a ton of (proverbial) "blood" into many of my po
> sts...…....especially the more lengthy ones.......
> …….. only for them to whisk by...…. to be forsaken
> . Drawing very little attention and/or little (to:
> no) response(s). I am never a "credit-seeker".....
> .. yet/however...... it certainly does play a role
> in my = withdrawing of making formidable posts. De
> sensitization. Enhanced disinterest.
Jim...…...you are most certainly welcome!
Now that's a KILLER find.
Congrats.
Bet a lot of coin collectors' collections lack one of those.
Thank you gentleman.

Ozzie, I never looked at it being rarer then a gold coin lol I suppose that is the next item on my list. smiling smiley

I am still in awe and shocked how it was missed by countless hunters but I will take it!!

ozzie Wrote:
WoW!! It's rarer to dig a Constelatio than a gold coin. George Washington may have dropped that bad boy.....I'm a bit jealous. smileys with beer

jim tn Wrote:
What a great recovery! Thanks for showing it. HH jim tn

tnsharpshooter Wrote:
Now that's a KILLER find. Congrats. Bet a lot of coin collectors' collections lack one of those.
Find of a lifetime! I too spend a lot of time reading Tom's posts and appreciate the time and effort he spends educating us on the design and use to detectors. I don't respond or post but every so often although I read a number of detecting forums two or three times each day. I've learned a lot in my 45 tears of detecting and the knowledge gained by visiting here.
Awesome forum!!
The technical aspect of this forum is the very reason I come here.
It's been a couple of years since I've logged in to post a comment, I usually just read the the stuff everyone posts. There is a ton of knowledge here and that sets this forum apart from other forums.
NASA Tom's posts have really stimulated the nerd part of my brain as well as many others.
The Equinox users section has become my latest obsession. I've read that thread over and over. Each time I take away a piece of information that I can put to use in the real world.
Thank you Tom D. for that!!