Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites Elecetronics

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites Elecetronics
April 15, 2020 01:07AM
Has anyone purchased a new Whites machine lately ? I don't hardly see any talk about their machines.....good or bad. With a renewed buy products made in USA, I would consider purchasing a new machine from them. Looking at the MX Sport.
Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input !
Re: Whites Elecetronics
April 15, 2020 02:21AM
Always had been a loyal Whites fan for many years and still have 4 machines albeit 3 are never used but the main one i still use is the TDI Pro which was the very last one sold brand new before the battery travel issues stopped the machine sales.

Highly unlikely that i will ever buy another one from this brand,had my DFX for 18 years its been productive but i always found that Whites made them over complex in the software dept.But a[art from the TDI Pro which i do use alot especially on say deep pasture sites and Relic hunting because its ability to use Minelab GPX mono coils and that will always be used.

This is just my personal opinion but i fear that unless Whites bring out a totally new machine which i suspect they dont have the engineers then possibly they could go the same way as Tesoro ie defuncted.
April 15, 2020 04:08AM
White's, what's that?
April 15, 2020 04:27AM
MX Sport is a very good detector in my opinion, I think Whites didn't emphasize just how powerful the Sport is, very deep detector plus it is built like a tank. Pretty good at separation and unmasking. The only problem I can see with it is the weight, it's a little heavy, but It has a good choice of coils including DD and concentric, it has a back light and it's water proof. smiling smiley I don't know how well it will do in red dirt, I live in PA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 04:30AM by coinspader.
April 15, 2020 11:36AM
Everyone in America who swings a detector is rooting for Whites. But in the end....they need to come up with a competitive detector with a competitive price. Hope they can.
April 15, 2020 01:11PM
They need to UPDATE the V3I software/hardware and get it into a smaller/water proof 10 ft housing plus get the price down to around $800.00.
It is the only hope they have unless they found another Engineer with new ideas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 01:12PM by GreenMeanie.
April 15, 2020 01:43PM
When Whites stopped sponsoring forums, forum discussions of Whites products are pretty much what you see here.

You would probably have to hang around their facebook page to find good discussions or links to Whites friendly forums.

HH
Mike
April 18, 2020 09:29PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone in America who swings a detector is rooti
> ng for Whites. But in the end....they need to come
> up with a competitive detector with a competitive
> price. Hope they can.

yes! i hope so too! my first foray into metal detecting
was with a whites 4db high frequency t.r. (100khz.)
found a "ton" with it. i believe they have something in "skunk works"
but have zero facts to back that up, just a feeling on my part.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 19, 2020 03:53AM
Once upon a time everyone was trying to keep up with Whites. The TDI (Eric Foster design) is what, 12 years old ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2020 04:08AM by Arkansas.
April 19, 2020 05:28AM
The new Goldmaster 24K is arguably the best new VLF gold nugget detector on the market. They may have issues but White’s is not dead yet.
April 19, 2020 10:49AM
I had a Sport and now an Equinox. Still haven't decided which one I like more. On the other hand, the Sport's controls are much superior to the Equinox.

I've been going over ground covered by my Sport and haven't found additional goodies with the Equinox.
April 19, 2020 12:49PM
Yes, I have heard nothing but good about the Sport other than the heavy weight of it?
April 19, 2020 02:43PM
Hello Virginia digger,

I have the MX-Sport, good detector but on the heavy side. If you do get one, definitely go with a used model they can be found for a good price. And remember, MX-Sport is heavy after a couple of hours.

MX-Sport has a feature or two that I use and wish other top end models had, especially In prospecting mode for relic hunting. I rely on the iron grunt feature with prospecting mode, when hunting for relics out in open areas. I want to hear both iron and conductive, don’t want to constantly monitor the screen and with the MX-Sport this allows me to hunt in all metal prospecting mode. Can’t do that with an Equinox or Deus, and I own these as well.

I see an advantage using prospecting mode with the MX-Sport for relic hunting, it’s a little deeper if using right SAT speed depending on soil/site conditions . Only use what you need with SAT, takes time for a user not familiar with prospecting mode to get its full benefits. With the Equinox or Deus, hands down I’ll grab the MX-Sport over these two when using prospecting mode.

Now, If I was using straight target audio ID mode I’ll use an Equinox over the MX-Sport. Deus with HF coils is mainly for serious sites laced with iron, that’s were the Deus shines over an Equinox or MX-Sport. Deus is good, but lacks depth.

I’m not trying to sway you from getting an MX-Sport, just get a used one they’re are great bargains out there for a used MX-Sport. Just remember they are heavy using stock coil, and if you go to a larger coil it’s even heavier.

Steve mentions the Whites Goldmaster 24K, that will probably be my next Whites model and appears to have the features I need to use this gold model as a relic detector. Will definitely be following this a little more, if I can find a used model will probably grab one.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Paul
April 19, 2020 03:28PM
I'm with Steve on this. I like the GMX/24k.

I got the White's GMX which is a waterproof 24k.

I've only tested it outside so far using the 6" concentric coil which is 6.5".

This detector is completely silent even with sensitivity max. No chatter at all.

The iron disc is completely adjustable 1 point at time. At 19 it disc's out a nail one way and gets a hit the other way. I wanted the disc set as low as I could.

The vco mode is the deepest and most sensitive mode. Even with disc at 19 I can get a hit on the white gold earring laying on the ground. It does have to be close, approx. 1/4" or less to the coil, but it hits it both ways.

I buried a 0.89 gram 10k gold ring at 9" and it
got a nice hit all around.

Also hits my 10" test dime. I sold the 4x6 coil. The 6.5 concentric was all I wanted. Might get the 6x10 sometime.

It is in the XP Sport housing.Even though it weights 4 lbs it feels ok with the small coil. I wish White's had spent some time designing it light weight but it is still comfortable enough to use. I like the display. I like the balance of GMX better than the Gold Kruzer. I hip mount the Gold Kruzer in the water because the balance of it hurts my forearm in a short time. Could probably get used to it though.

I like the display on the GMX. At the top there is a bar that shows where the target is from iron thru silver range which is convenient.

Now it's making me think about getting another MX Sport.

White's have nice products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2020 04:06PM by Rick, N. MI.
April 19, 2020 10:21PM
I agree with Paul that the MX Sport is a very good detector - now. But if you buy used I would stay away from anything made in the first year (2016-2017). The introduction was a disaster, software was a mess, pod leak issues, and battery case breakage issues. Not kidding, the worst intro I have witnessed in my 45 years in the industry. All issues were covered under warranty and have since been fixed in production models. Those older units are out of warranty now, though White's is great and still might cover those problems if you ended up with one used. They never put out the recall that they should have so there are old units out there still with these problems. Personally I would not risk it. Since White's has a two year transferable warranty, only buy a used one if it is less than two years old with remaining warranty.

Firmware, pod, battery issues:

[www.detectorprospector.com]
April 21, 2020 01:40AM
Thanks everyone for your comments on the MX Sport. I ordered a new one and should soon receive it.

Thanks again,
Mark