Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simplex+ update is now available

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simplex+ update is now available
April 17, 2020 08:34PM
Update is now available for the Simplex+ on the
Nokta/Makro website. Software update (2020.04.17) V2.76

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2020 08:47PM by SkiWhiz.
Re: Simplex+ update is now available
April 17, 2020 10:26PM
You guys see all the new features in this update?
Eye-Opening!!!
April 17, 2020 11:11PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys see all the new features in this update?
> Eye-Opening!!!

Impressive for the price!

Glad to see Nokta (and finally Minelab) providing their customers with ease of use features such as easy to do firmware upgrades thumbs down
April 17, 2020 11:23PM
Quite a list!
1. Sensitivity Level 7 has been added to provide extra depth.
Please keep in mind that the device may run noisier at this level depending on conditions and that this is totally normal.
2. An extra mode has been added - Park 1.
The Park mode on the previous versions has been named as Park 2 on this update and a new Park 1 mode has been added.
Park 1 is relatively deeper but a bit slower than Park 2 mode.
In this mode, the device produces a low tone for ferrous targets with 0-15 IDs, a medium tone for gold and non-ferrous metals with IDs 16-69 and a high tone for non-ferrous metals with IDs 70-99 such as silver, brass and copper.
3. Changes have been made for the All Metal Mode changes:
* It has been removed from the first spot in the options and moved to the end.
* Threshold setting has been added to this mode.
In the All Metal mode, the threshold setting for each sensitivity level is optimized to provide the best performance on different terrains.
You can adjust the threshold setting between -50 +50 based on ground conditions.
4. Mineralization bar has been added to the screen.
5. Timeout lengths have been increased.
6. BACK function (up arrow) has been added to exit from settings to go back to the main screen without waiting for the timeout.
7. ID depth has been increased.
8. 4 levels have been added to Automatic Brightness shown as A1-A2-A3-A4 on screen.
9.Audio for the pinpoint mode and wired headphones has been optimized.
10. Manual Ground Balance function has been expanded:
If the device receives a lot of noise and/or emits false signals and you cannot eliminate it by reducing the sensitivity, first set your sensitivity back to its original level. Then increase the ground balance value between 90.1 - 91.0 one by one until the noise is eliminated. As the ground balance value is increased, the device's sensitivity to high conductive (silver, copper etc.) coins will decrease.
April 17, 2020 11:26PM
Its an awesome machine before the new download ! Now its really going to rock!
April 17, 2020 11:34PM
Dilek really does listen to customers and field testers suggestions. You asked, she gave. She is super happy talking about the update in her Facebook video.............

[www.noktadetectors.com]

The Simplex has a lot to offer for the price........................more reason for those on the fence, to buy and try a Simplex.

Time to update my Simplex and have some fun.

Now to complete the package---accessory coils.......

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 18, 2020 01:49AM
I can’t get it to work???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 01:50AM by mascard1.
April 18, 2020 02:17AM
mascard1 Wrote:
> I can’t get it to work???

What kind of problems are you having. You can't download the file or it won't load on your Simplex???
April 18, 2020 03:27AM
April 18, 2020 03:41AM
I don't have a Nokta/Makro anymore. No good reason as to why.

But I'm always super impressed with how they have always addressed their customers. I don't know of any other company that handles customer relations and concerns the way they do, and it's awesome in my opinion. I'll have to get another soon.
April 18, 2020 06:04AM
thumperjones Wrote:
> I don't have a Nokta/Makro anymore. No good reason
> as to why.
>
> But I'm always super impressed with how they have
> always addressed their customers. I don't know of
> any other company that handles customer relations
> and concerns the way they do, and it's awesome in
> my opinion. I'll have to get another soon.

Best customer support in the industry period. Nobody else even comes close in my experience.
April 18, 2020 01:57PM
Seems like I can't unzip it from folder ?
Easy update and WOW.....................
April 18, 2020 02:22PM
I am amazed at what all that Nokta Makro has done with this update. With the release of the Simplex+ they made an entry level detector that performs above the rest and with this update, made it soar above all the rest!
April 18, 2020 02:29PM
It's absolutely an amazing 'Feature List' for a sub 300 cost detector!

Such a pity it sounds like 'a failing hand whisk' from the kitchen!

Q. is: what are they gonna do next and [ how much ] can they "Ask" for it!

Thinking shot foot!
April 18, 2020 04:01PM
Des D Wrote:
> It's absolutely an amazing 'Feature List' for a su
> b 300 cost detector!
>
> Such a pity it sounds like 'a failing hand whisk'
> from the kitchen!
>
> Q. is: what are they gonna do next and [ how much
> ] can they "Ask" for it!
>
> Thinking shot foot!

I just did the update, does feel like a new detector.
Did some bench testing this morning.
Think they got the overall programming just right. Don't have the urge to keep tinkering with multitude of setting adjustments within a mode as I did with other higher end models.
The audio in my headphones sound much crisper and likeable.
Happier with the ID depth and lock ons. Seems more decisive of what a target might be.
Did see something when when a lower junk target is near a good higher conductor target. Some up scaling in target ID number to a worthwhile digging target ID number.
Just seem to be getting the fun factor feeling of using a Tesoro when playing with the Simplex.
I will enjoy the Simplex more when the smaller coils come out.

Works for me
April 18, 2020 07:07PM
it's truly a 'wake up" call to all domestic manufacturers.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 19, 2020 12:04AM
mascard1 Wrote:
> Seems like I can't unzip it from folder ? Are you using a Windows computer and do you have WinRAR or 7zip installed on it.
April 19, 2020 12:24AM
Dilek and her team mean business. She reads a lot evidently and pays attention.

I harped about making updatable detectors since Deus was out there. Had a lot of naysayers and high critics on this issue.
Think about it.
Do update right from your home.
No shipping. No shipping costs.
And with this Corona shipping is backed up big time. So this electronic update bypasses this mess.

Nokta-Makro strives for excellence !!
I don’t even have a Simplex either. I still have opinion though. Good one too as far as Nokta -Makro.
Kudos to Dilek and her team.

When is First Texas p, White’s and Garrett going to make an updatable detector?

As a manufacturer I should would feel more comfortable knowing I had a chance to either improve or fix a glitch after detector models is released and are shipped all over the world to folks and dealers.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2020 12:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 19, 2020 12:36AM
I went for my first quick hunt with the Simplex today, didn't stay long because the wind picked up and it got cold. Took it to a school playground that is filled with wood chips. I found several nickels and quite a few quarters and a couple dimes and pennies & one tiny jewelry item. Tones are nice, accurate tid numbers, fun to use. I didn't get a chance to use the Simplex before I updated it to the latest firmware but am more than happy with the performance of it. Excited to give it a try in the dirt when it warms up. Works well above it's price tag.
April 19, 2020 02:18PM
I had to install the update tool first.....good to go ...Thanks!!!
April 19, 2020 02:26PM
Does it have modulated audio 'aka' deeper targets softer? And if so is it adjustable?
April 19, 2020 08:48PM
mascard1 Wrote:
> I had to install the update tool first.....good to
> go ...Thanks!!!
Glad that you were able to do the update.
April 19, 2020 09:37PM
The Simplex is turning out to be a hot number here in Canada after the update, as I figured it would.
Loves finding those Canadian $1 and $2 coins even more now.
Keep pushing for those smaller coils.

Works for me
April 19, 2020 11:50PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Does it have modulated audio 'aka' deeper targets
> softer? And if so is it adjustable?

Hi Harold,
The Field mode has vco audio. Other than iron audio adjuestment, the vco audio isn't adjustable.
April 20, 2020 12:24AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> When is First Texas p, White’s and Garrett going t
> o make an updatable detector?

> Cheers.

Back when the MXsport was released and I had nothing but trouble with mine and 3 I had sold. One Whites engineer on the phone said the machine was up-gradeable through downloads. He said they were thinking about posting upgrades but charging for them. In the end after countless coils they sent me and my customers plus warranty repairs they told me it was user error. I dropped that line immediately.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
April 20, 2020 09:28AM
Dilek just posted early this morning regarding the update. [www.facebook.com]
There will most likely be another, using suggestions given by current Simplex users with current update.

Some complaints by those who want to revert back a version or two. Not recommended.

Also the new accessory coils will not work with any Simplex that hasn't been updated to the current version.
Guess this is why the accessory coils haven't been made available yet.

Works for me
April 20, 2020 05:20PM
It really is an amazing detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 05:21PM by SkiWhiz.
cjc
April 20, 2020 06:24PM
This is sharp detector to begin with and this upgrade has some very well thought out improvements. The audio seems a lot more like the Anfibio --bringing up consistent targets really well. I especially like how it sounds in the field mode--very sharp in iron. I had also noticed just how fast you had to be to get in an adjustment before the search screen returned--now--it's slowed down and lets you jump back to search anytime. The new extra level of Gain is great too in that there's maybe a bit more than is usable in many conditions--good "ear training." This is also a good learning tool for new hunters--teaching signal balancing--you might need a little more disc, slowed sweep speed or using the new manual GB features to smooth the signal out. This is an amazing beginner / intermediate detector by any standards. It's great that Notka / Makro has upped the bar and set a new entry level standard for the industry to aspire to. cjc
April 22, 2020 03:55PM
A new update was issued yesterday (04/21/2020) to fix the low volume on wired headphones and add a mute button for those having problems with cross talk from pinpointers. Sure is good to see a company wark fast to correct problems. This update works great.

Software Update (2020.04.21) : System Software V2.77

Updates Made :

1. Mute Function has been added
Press the Pinpoint Button once to mute your detector without going into settings. This will help eliminate the interference noise from pinpointers that operate at the same frequency.

2. Audio levels for wired headphones
2 sets of audio levels have been added when the device is used with wired headphones. Choose between Low (L1-L4) or High (H1-H4).
April 25, 2020 01:06PM
Saw this posted as far as up and coming small coils coming.
[www.detectorprospector.com]