Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can't login from iPad and screen looks odd. Android no problem.

Posted by Maximus 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Can't login from iPad and screen looks odd. Android no problem.
April 29, 2020 07:33PM
Homepage looks great on my Android. Login is no issue. My iPad was fine until about a month ago. Now when I try to login from my iPad it just rejects the user name and password. It doesn't say it's wrong and ask for a reset. It just refreshes and there is nothing in the fields. Also, the homepage on the iPad looks guite odd. Much less pleasant to the eye. They used to look the same. I took screenshots of each but don't see an option to load pictures. IOS is up to date. Has anyone else had this issue? Any solution?

Thanks.
Re: Can't login from iPad and screen looks odd. Android no problem.
April 29, 2020 08:11PM
The odd screen layout sounds familiar. Is it really basic, plain text fonts, no background speckle-pattern ? If so, that's down to your browser being hyper-cautious about security, and it's not loading the .css cascading style sheet files, which define the page 'prettyness'. Try getting it to allow 'insecure content' , and you may be on the way to normality.
April 29, 2020 08:53PM
Hi Pimento,
Checked privacy and security under Safari tab. Not much there. Tried turning off AdBlocker and pop ups. No luck. Is there a way to post pics directly here or do you need to use a third party and link the URL? Hard to explain the look of the pages. Android is clean and professional. IOS very plain. Message header and author seperated be a double space. Also whenever I try to login or do a search on IOS, I get the message "This form is not secure. Are you sure you want to submit it."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2020 08:58PM by Maximus.
April 29, 2020 09:23PM
I have to open this site using another browser to get everything to work properly. Internet Explorer works just fine. I keep on my bar for quick access and only use it for this site.

tabman
April 29, 2020 11:46PM
Had the same problem with logging on with my IPad. Had to go to google and go to the forum and log in that way. It works fine now.
April 30, 2020 12:20AM
I had the same problem with Firefox on one of my Macs but not the other. I cleared all my cookies and history and this site looks normal again. For a while I was using a private or incognito mode to view normally since that worked also. I never had trouble logging in though.
April 30, 2020 06:05PM
Yes, that security message when posting is another 'artefact' of this modern browser behaviour. I think the 'search' box near the top of the page also throws up the same warning. And the gold price charts from Kitco don't load either, as they are 'insecure'. You just need to work out how to allow loading of insecure content on a secure page, then either allow it for all pages, or better, just for dankowskidetectors.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 06:17PM by Pimento.
May 01, 2020 02:32AM
I had this problem too. Problem went away on its own. Site here reflects unsecure in window though. Don’t know if this is why my iPad is working now. I had older iPad I used and it worked. And my laptop worked ok.