Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simplex+ upgrade ???

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simplex+ upgrade ???
May 12, 2020 02:20AM
For those that have the Simplex+ …… and have performed the software upgrade.,.,.,.,.,.,., have you tested it in a test-garden? What did you see......in particular: depth differences?
Re: Simplex+ upgrade ???
May 13, 2020 01:51AM
The new park 1 is widely known to run a bit deeper, I haven't specifically tested it [have never done air/garden tests in my life with any detector], but I can feel it.

This comes at the price of slow recovery, which the old park 2 is better at but not as deep. Of course those are stock settings and you can tweak things around to your liking but I think they are pretty good as is, only adjusting sensitivity when there is too much chatter.

There are lots of videos on youtube made the past couple weeks specifically addressing your question, I watched a couple but lost interest quick, the true test in the field so I don't put much stock in them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2020 01:55AM by Xray.
May 13, 2020 02:07AM
Not alot to add Tom, but Fwiw in Field mode I was able to hit my 8" copper penny prior to the update- but not my 10". Still cant get anything that would stop me to investigate under normal conditions on the 10", but on Max sensitivity, maybe theres a bit more "oomph" on the 8" now? While post update the machine is overall just a bit more, well, wonky. You have to extremely mindful of the coil cable now when extracting/retracting the collapsable shaft...ANY slop, and I mean ANY results in an unusable machine...And even then, my units given some weird bits of extreme unstability in remote areas with mild dirt...The other day I went to blank the 1st segment of iron and the cursor for all the notch segments started cycling through and it got stuck...I dont care for the update honestly and may revert back.
May 14, 2020 12:01PM
Ok. Thanks guys. Good data! I was (and still am) hoping to get more data/feedback...… for engineering purposes.
May 22, 2020 09:48AM
In my red clay I reduce sensitivity so it had a negative effect. I can never run any VLF in max.