Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Headphone advise needed

Posted by Odie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Headphone advise needed
May 22, 2020 04:32PM
K, first I’m gonna introduce myself a bit. Live in Canada, in my mid 30’s, Started detecting 10 years ago with a Silver umax, mostly used a bunch of Tesoros & Fishers since then. Currently own an F75 and an Anfibio. Mostly do parks, one room school sites, new Schools and beaches. Most days I have managed to keep the hobby at the ‘mild obsession’ level.
....Ok, I need help finding a headphone that works well with the F75. My only experience with detector headphones is a set of Deep Woods Grey Ghosts that I really liked but don’t own anymore. I’m hoping you guys can lend your experience and share some advise for a headphone that works well with the F75.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Headphone advise needed
May 22, 2020 04:58PM
Sunray Pro Golds
May 22, 2020 06:03PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sunray Pro Golds

Yep
May 22, 2020 07:53PM
For years I've been running Gray Ghost's on my F 75's and still feel they are as good or better then any other brand I've tried. Not sure of the model anymore, but know they aren't the Deep Woods model. DMT?, something like that. HH jim tn
May 22, 2020 08:08PM
jim tn Wrote:
> For years I've been running Gray Ghost's on my F 7
> 5's and still feel they are as good or better then
> any other brand I've tried. Not sure of the model
> anymore, but know they aren't the Deep Woods model
> . DMT?, something like that. HH jim tn

Are they the Gray Ghost NDT's Jim? (the ones with the extra replaceable cable)-----They are good h.p.'s---I used to use them for a long time before I went to the Sunrays.------Del
May 22, 2020 09:05PM
Sunrays P/G
May 23, 2020 12:45AM
Odie Wrote:
> K, first I’m gonna introduce myself a bit. Live in
> Canada, in my mid 30’s, Started detecting 10 years
> ago with a Silver umax, mostly used a bunch of Tes
> oros & Fishers since then. Currently own an F75 an
> d an Anfibio. Mostly do parks, one room school sit
> es, new Schools and beaches. Most days I have mana
> ged to keep the hobby at the ‘mild obsession’ leve
> l.
> ....Ok, I need help finding a headphone that works
> well with the F75. My only experience with detecto
> r headphones is a set of Deep Woods Grey Ghosts th
> at I really liked but don’t own anymore. I’m hopin
> g you guys can lend your experience and share some
> advise for a headphone that works well with the F7
> 5.
> Thanks in advance.

whites "pro star" headphones! outrageously good audio!
50 ohm design! excellent with all detectors.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 23, 2020 01:07AM
I'm a Grey Ghost user. I was always happy with them and never felt the need to try something different, have a couple pair. Can't recall the ones I have but they have the mute switch on them, perfect for the noisy non DST f-75 when you only want to hear your hand held pinpointer.
May 23, 2020 01:21AM
Yeah, Del nailed it. NDT's. I have two pair of them. HH jim tn
May 23, 2020 10:51PM
I ran an F75 for 6 years. I went through several kinds of headphones, Gray Ghosts, Killer Bees and more. They worked good, but I hated being tethered to my detector. The cord was always getting in the way. What I ended up with was, at least for me the best combination and best sounding I had ever used. I got me the Z-Lynk WT-1 and WR-1 with the Z-Lynk Pro Pointer. For headphones, I used the XP Deus Foldable Wired Backphone with Volume Adjustment . I found this combination to work and sound the best for me. The $25.00 headphones sit behind the ear and you can wear any type hat or cap and they do not get in the way and they are comfortable and you cha hear what is going on around you as well. The great part is you can use this setup with any detector.
May 26, 2020 01:35PM
I'm another vote for the White's ProStars.

HH
Mike
May 27, 2020 01:15AM
I have the White's Prostar headphones (2 pair)
Accusound headphones
Minelab koss ur-30's
These are all good headphones but you are tethered to the detector

BUT I now use the Quest Wirefree Pro headphones with the transmitter for my Minelab FBS & Fisher CZ detectors
they are loud and clear with almost no lag time.
I'm now untethered from the detector.
I can't see going back to a headphone that is hooked to the detector.

FYI: I also tried the Garrett Z-lynk headphones but with the Minelab FBS Detectors I couldn't get any volume?????

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 01:19AM by u2robert.
May 28, 2020 08:56PM
Killer B's sound good to!
May 29, 2020 01:43PM
I like the spontaneity of corded headphones. You can grab a set and go without worrying about their battery charges or having extra batts on hand for them. Yes, wireless is nice and I have some, but I find I grab the corded sets more often than not just because I don't have to mess with them.

I always have to 'plan and prepare' for the wireless and I don't always have time. Sometimes I don't even know what detector I'm going to be using until I wake up that morning.

HH
Mike
May 29, 2020 08:21PM
For the F75, Bushmasters which were designed by Clyde McFadden, are hands down the best headphones that I've ever used with it - and I tried a lot of different headphones over the years. Still use them today. A distant second for me would be Killer Bs
May 31, 2020 07:49PM
Always have a pair of wired headphones with me just in case
White's Prostar