Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Impulse AQ Limited

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher Impulse AQ Limited
June 10, 2020 02:09PM
Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Disclosure

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Fisher Impulse AQ Limited
June 10, 2020 06:42PM
Hey Rick,

What does "No target hole" mean in the list of capabilities?
June 10, 2020 07:03PM
Glad you asked me. It is a characteristic of the PI detectors which have a ground balance function that because of aligning the two signals - the early one and the late one - the point at which corresponds to the ground signal – is it kind of discrimination - in any targets whose time constant of decay is the same as the ground signals will be missed. These are called holes in the pattern. The AQ - because of the way it’s designed does not have this “hole” at the balance point. Instead there’s a transition - in tone mode from High to Low
tone at that point - In the mute mode the transition between high tone and mute.

Rick Kempf
June 10, 2020 07:14PM
Glad to see this coming to light thumbs down

Rick as this is the "first phase" beta if you will, has there been talk of a relic/land version? I mean I assume this would also work fine for that purposes, but I'm sure they could tweak the unit to be more geared towards land/relic usage.

Keep on keeping on!

Thanks,
Brian
June 10, 2020 07:28PM
It will be VERY interesting to see what results folks get when they take their AQ inland and try it on moderately mineralized and ultimately on highly mineralized ground. It does not have a conventional ground balance function but the reject control can do some things to for example Null out hot rocks and the volcanic soil Mode has some interesting possibilities for high mineralization.

Rick Kempf
June 10, 2020 07:51PM
Todays price?????
June 10, 2020 09:12PM
$1499. For more information contact the only dealer.

Rickkempf@gmail.com

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 08:13AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $1499. For more information contact the only deale
> r.
>
> Rickkempf@gmail.com

Made a request to obtain one, got put on the delivery list. ...... Maybe ?

Now we just have to wait for the invoice so payment can be made. thumbs down

Integrity and respect is highly valued in my book. !

smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 10:26AM by ivanll.
June 11, 2020 12:33PM
Production of these will not be rapid. Folks who have a place on the list might have to wait months to get a machine. For this reason, no deposits or pre-payments have been accepted.

I should also note that although I have been approached by a number of users outside the US and Canada, by the terms of my instructions from First Texas I am not allowed to sell to users outside that area.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 02:13PM by lytle78.
June 11, 2020 01:28PM
I am not even gonna say what I am thinking about this whole debacle but I will bet I am not the only one thinking it!!!!!
June 11, 2020 02:32PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> I am not even gonna say what I am thinking about t
> his whole debacle but I will bet I am not the only
> one thinking it!!!!!

All that matters to me is that the detector works as advertised.

I do wonder why we haven't seen any videos showing precisely how deep the Impulse can ID gold in the wet sand. That would go a long way in selling the concept and it wouldn't take much effort to do so.

Either way, I am on the list and can't wait to get mine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 06:05PM by Badger in NH.
June 11, 2020 06:14PM
Videos should be readily available within a week. I have already seen a couple of them done by the guy who bought the First production unit from me (I loaned it to him and after using it a day, insisted that I sell it to him).

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 06:21PM
Major detector manufacturer.
Makes a so- called limited production model.
No real good videos showing this contraption in action. Yet I have seen pics with piles of gold rings.
A monopoly dealer setup to sell model.
Guess Fisher dealers are SOL.
No mention on Fisher labs site I can see.
[www.fisherlab.com]
Thought they were going to update their site.

Whole thing overall looks out of whack to me.
I’ll keep my $1499 and spend on some thing else.

Cheers.

Btw,
Folks here gave Minelab crap as far as how Eqx was dropped out of plane and then later released months later.
Just thought I would point this out, Incase some here have amnesia.

PS
I feel better now. Got this off my chest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 06:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 11, 2020 06:41PM
Here is a couple of sentences from the “Disclosure” written by Tom Walsh, the President of First Texas Products.

“Fisher is offering the Impulse®-AQ Limited to a select group of experienced early adopters who want to experience design and technological innovation in real-time, as it unfolds. The Impulse®-AQ Limited is not a prototype or pre-production metal detector; it is the first edition to a new product line of Impulse® technology. Fisher Research Labs is managing the challenges of releasing a new product amid a pandemic, with constraints on its procurement and production capacity in both of its manufacturing facilities, all while working to ensure that a demanding new technology is executed as flawlessly as possible.”

My task is to ensure that - especially the earliest buyers - fall into the category of ...

“a select group of experienced early adopters who want to experience design and technological innovation in real-time, as it unfolds. The Impulse®-AQ Limited is not a prototype or pre-production metal detector”

For that reason I have been asking folks who want to be put on the list to tell me a bit about their beach detecting experience - how often they go out what equipment they use. With this information and with a view towards getting a good geographical spread for the units, I allocate units as they become available.

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 07:54PM
Prototype... a machine from which others are designed.... yet it’s not a not a pre production either. But my understanding was nothing will change about the machine inside or design... just checking the screws and connectors according to Fisher FB page. So what is it? I thought it was the beginning of a plateform

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 08:12PM by dewcon4414.
June 11, 2020 08:28PM
Re-design of the mechanical platform to increase the battery power and make audio connections more useful and secure is the main thing.

Plus anything else they learn between now and freezing the production configuration of the “one to come”.

As far as a platform, this is the first of an already announced series of PI machines by Fisher for different applications, starting with native gold detecting.

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 09:11PM
So what your saying is I need to $1499.00 to be a lab rat for Fisher..What a Fiasco!!!

Now you have to be interviewed and rated before you can buy this machine.....

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen or heard in the Detecting community.

If this mousetrap was so much better than the others you better believe it would be on video showing it.

Tell Fisher to GIVE me a detector and I will run down to my local beach( WHICH IS 1/2 MILE FROM MY HOUSE) with some nails, gold rings, and gold chains and actually FILM it over those targets.

$1499.00 to test a detector for a major company for them what a debacle...

I like the wording new tech in real time for experienced users.....lol
June 11, 2020 09:48PM
Opinions are like....what was that - I forget, but, for sure everybody has one.

I started this thread in order to inform the forum what is going on with the Impulse AQ Limited.

I will limit myself to that, and where possible to answer specific requests for more information.

The free exchange of ideas and opinions is a key feature of this forum and very wide limits are tolerated. I knew that when I started this thread.

You will also find discussions of the AQ Limited elsewhere, if you check around.

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 10:00PM
So is it now this forum’s policy that any dealer can advertise and sell any brand/model detector??
Don’t think I read anywhere here where the forum owner or manger gave the ok for this so-called Impulse AQ dealership that has been established here.

Speaking of which seems to me the very least the AQ dealer could do here is give forum owner (who loves to detect) a detector or a discounted price AQ detector since his forum is being used to sell this model detector.

Very much like to hear the forum owner’s take on this rascal as well.

Cheers.
June 11, 2020 10:07PM
Tom is well aware of my position as sole dealer for this Detector.

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 10:13PM
lytle78 Wrote:
>
> For that reason I have been asking folks who want
> to be put on the list to tell me a bit about their
> beach detecting experience - how often they go out
> what equipment they use. With this information and
> with a view towards getting a good geographical sp
> read for the units, I allocate units as they becom
> e available.

Hey Rick, You never asked me about my beach detecting experience. Is that because I got on the list early?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 10:27PM by Badger in NH.
June 11, 2020 10:15PM
Since only a 100 units will be made, is the dealer here going to keep us apprised of howmany of the hundred are made/ sold?
So folks who are interested may want to prioritize depending on how many are left?

Is electronic copy of user’s manual available for folks to read?

As far as charging, does purchaser have to buy any extra to charge detector/battery in addition to what they received when they purchase?
Goes for USA and rest of the world.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 10:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 11, 2020 10:19PM
Badger, since you ask, probably “business” Transactions about this - stuff - berween buyer and seller - should probably be handled one-to-one. Email at rickkempf@gmail.com is good.

You were in early, a good thing.

Rick Kempf
June 11, 2020 10:37PM
Tnss, a reasonable question.

I will likely update folks generally how it is going. As of now I have sold four units - my own went to a guy who is wringing it out on the East Coast and has already carried out a wide range of tests and has produced several excellent videos documenting this Detector’s superiority at the beach. They will be posted soon, not sure where or how, that’s up to him.

The second one went to another very experienced old line beach hunter who has tested PI Detectors including the AQ previously.

The third one went to the owner of a popular online forum who plans to wring it out thouroughally, but will probably, for his own reasons, comment in his own time and on his own forum.

The fourth one went to an extremely accomplished beach hunter who was recommended to me by Mike Scott of Fisher Marketing. I’m sure he will share his experiences in due course - maybe he will write a book about it.

These are not “testers” they are folks who will know within a hour what the AQ can do - and will get busy finding things which they could not find with their existing tools.

As far as how fast the (no more than) 100 units will be produced and what proportion of the production Fisher allows me to sell - I have no good information. I am just delighted to be given this opportunity to be the first to bring to the public the detector which I first learned of nearly 5 years ago (and which I informed forum members about three years ago) which I firmly believe will make a real change in beach detecting and will be the first in a series of LITERALLY “ground breaking” machines.

As for the user manual, finishing touches are being put on it and it will be posted as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for asking!

Rick Kempf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 03:43AM by lytle78.
June 11, 2020 10:47PM
So for all the ones who pay $1499 for this detector...

Will they have to pay extra for the upgrades when Fisher figures out the battery and connector issues????

So does $1499 go to $2000 in the future for upgrades?

Or do you have to buy the whole detector again after they finally get it figured out?

That is after you spent $1499.00 to help them develop the final version......LOLLLLLLL
June 11, 2020 10:57PM
Cal, In answer to your reasonable inquiry, I refer you to the last paragraph of the Disclosure I posted and invited folks to read.

The Impulse®-AQ Limited is truly limited; Fisher will manufacture a limited quantity production run only. Fisher Research Labs makes full disclosure that it continues with product and technology development and will make improvements in design and performance after the introduction of this limited production run. The -AQ Limited will not be upgradeable to future releases of Impulse technology although its searchcoil may be compatible with future designs. We offer the Impulse®-AQ Limited to a select group of enthusiasts due to our limited production capacity. If you find the product features and limitations above unacceptable, we urge you to wait to purchase this technology at much higher prices in the months, years and decades to come during which time Fisher Research Labs will continue to release the industry’s highest performance and most innovative metal detection products and technologies.

Perhaps you do not find this an attractive proposition - Tom Walsh who wrote the above figured that it wasn't for everybody,

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 11:39PM by lytle78.
June 11, 2020 11:29PM
Cal, one more thing.

Lots of detectors are essentially toys. We read about the latest one, bells and whistles, sounds great, we rush off and buy one and then it turns out that it is either wonderful or not, but we carry on doing what we have been doing - with or without any noticeable increase in our results.

The AQ aims higher. Alexandre Tartar had devised what he believes - and he has convinced Fisher to believe is the most effective tool in existence For recovering gold jewelry from salt beaches - a machine which will cause an actual change in the results obtained by a user of the AQ vs. his earlier results on the beaches he hunts.

Within a few months it will become clear whether - FOR OUR CONDITIONS IN NORTH AMERICA - the AQ is a real Advance.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 11:32PM by lytle78.
June 12, 2020 12:33AM
Thanks for replying Rick. Answering my questions.

This may be been asked already or answered already.
Warranty period on these limited model units?
And if a unit malfunctions what is the procedure to get repaired ?
Like who needs to be contacted?
Place where unit will be sent.
Again taking into consideration units sold to folks in USA and outside of USA?
I am presuming Rick you are selling world wide.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 12:37AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 12, 2020 12:42AM
Warranty is two years from Fisher their usual terms - non-transferable. It’s the usual drill with First Texas Products call Felix tell him what your problem is he’ll give you a return material authority RMA and you sent it in and they fix it or replace it.

I fully expect one or more of the buyers to prompt it posted on eBay for a substantial premium!

At present, the sales are US and Canada - a couple of people have tried to play games about having a US address when they live somewhere else and I guess I have to take up that question with Fisher to find out where they are with that – but for the time being I will only sell to someone who is in the US or Canada.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 12:47AM by lytle78.
June 12, 2020 01:05AM
How about this Fisher pay me 1500.00 bucks and I will test their detector for them?
That seems fair to me.