Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Impulse AQ Limited

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How much I like the "AQ"? I've asked Rick to put me on the list..for another. I've had "Mine" three weeks now, 25 plus hours "SUBMERGED" with no problems with the connectors or battery. Just keep them clean and silicon-ed lightly, And all will be fine.... 3.5 hour battery not long enough? Just buy another, or make one for it like I'm doing. Once I'm finished making it I'll share a How too video over on Steves forum. And Carl (Geotech) called it, I've been hunting beach's up rivers that have been hammered by Me and many hunter over the years, taking the "AQ" into "two spots" I've been working has got me 7 gold, and these are places you can't even buy a signal with any other machine.......... I've found the perfect machine that works for me........"DEEP"...Will I keep my Excalibur's, Yes! Between the two machines I have all I need.

Just a taste of the "AQ"

[www.youtube.com]

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
Sunstroke?

You must be confused, Scott and a couple of others have already conclusively demonstrated that the AQ is a defective, incomplete, total scam and rip-off of innocent beach hunters by the evil, greedy folks in El Paso who are so short of cash that they are flogging this dog of a detector.

But, the video looks so interesting....gee I wonder...is it possible?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 02:35AM by lytle78.
Good to see/hear the detector doing the talking. thumbs down
smileys with beer
Re: Fisher Impulse AQ Limited
June 13, 2020 09:42AM
TNSS quote:"I like the battery the Tarsacci uses. I wonder how many of these it would take to give the AQ platform 5 hours of run time?"
The T uses a single 26650 cylindrical cell ( like the Eqx ), with a capacity of 5000 mAh. Three of these in series would be appropriate to provide the 12 Volts nominal the AQ requires. I estimate the current draw of the AQ to be 500 mA, so this (3 x 26650) pack would give approx 10 hours run-time, though 8h - 12h would be possible. A more likely solution would be 6 x 18650 cells, made up of three parallel-pairs. 18650's are a very common size, and are well-developed, thanks to their use in laptops, electric vehicles. The best of them come in at 3400 mAh, so a 6-cell pack could give 14 hour runtime ( 12h - 16h ? ).
Edit: looking again at a thread on DetectorProspector, it seems the preferred arrangement is 4 Li cells in series. That would be more like 16V freshly-charged, 11V flat. So 8 x 18650 cells for a pack.
Makes me wonder if the battery housing was designed for 8 x 18650's, and when switched to NiMH's, it wasn't changed to 8 x NiMH's in series, with only 10V nominal battery voltage, so they had to use smaller cells, like AA, in order to squeeze 10 cells in the box.

If the connectors were the main stumbling block, there's always the option of getting custom made M8 connectors, that are compatible, but have the appropriate water-tightness/corrosion-resistance/life that Fisher need. An academic thought now, as they are clearly re-designing the detector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 09:59AM by Pimento.
OBN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much I like the "AQ"? I've asked Rick to put m
> e on the list..for another. I've had "Mine" three
> weeks now, 25 plus hours "SUBMERGED" with no probl
> ems with the connectors or battery. Just keep them
> clean and silicon-ed lightly, And all will be fine
> .... 3.5 hour battery not long enough? Just buy an
> other, or make one for it like I'm doing. Once I'm
> finished making it I'll share a How too video over
> on Steves forum. And Carl (Geotech) called it, I'v
> e been hunting beach's up rivers that have been ha
> mmered by Me and many hunter over the years, takin
> g the "AQ" into "two spots" I've been working has
> got me 7 gold, and these are places you can't even
> buy a signal with any other machine.......... I'
> ve found the perfect machine that works for me....
> ...."DEEP"...Will I keep my Excalibur's, Yes! Betw
> een the two machines I have all I need.
>
> Just a taste of the "AQ"
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Finally, a well-done video. Thanks Joe.

Awesome performance in All Metal, but how deep can it ID that Nickel as non-ferrous?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 11:16AM by Badger in NH.
June 13, 2020 11:45AM
Thats a great video BUT someone show us how good this thing is in discrimination (tone mode......I thought that was the big deal about this machine....

In tone mode Lay a gold ring 8 inches in the ground and a nail on top of the ground 3 inches off center and show us what it does. Keep moving the nail back till it finally hits the ring...then bury the ring 11 inches and put the nail in with it and show us what it does..

That all metal is fine but not what really needs to be seen about this machine. IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 11:54AM by calabash digger.
> Finally, a well-done video. Thanks Joe.
>
> Awesome performance in All Metal, but how deep can
> it ID that Nickel as non-ferrous?

I am curious to see this as well. That video about sold me though. Wife and I are saving for a new house so I am trying not to dip into the pot for this machinespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
June 13, 2020 12:07PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Thats a great video BUT someone show us how good t
> his thing is in discrimination (tone mode......I
> thought that was the big deal about this machine..
> ..
>
> In tone mode Lay a gold ring 8 inches in the groun
> d and a nail on top of the ground 3 inches off cen
> ter and show us what it does. Keep moving the nail
> back till it finally hits the ring...then bury the
> ring 11 inches and put the nail in with it and sho
> w us what it does..
>
> That all metal is fine but not what really needs t
> o be seen about this machine. IMO

we have already demonstrated it several times
[www.youtube.com]

and it's not a problem
he is able to reject iron and take gold
at a level never seen on any detector

the position of the nail or iron object
is unimportant
above / below / several inches below or above
whatever
it is the mass of iron / which determines the tipping point
where iron takes over gold

note : the mass of gold / will also be taken into account
(it will be easier to take a 2gr ring in the middle of the ferrous
// that a ring of 20gr) all will depend on the total mass of the iron

you can put 50 small nails of 1 gr
all around the gold ring
in the sand and at any distance you want
the detector will not see the nails
he considers them as the ground / for him there is no such thing

but if you put a bar or a ring of 50 gr of iron
then there, obviously things get complicated ..
June 13, 2020 02:06PM
Will the land version have the same discrimination ability as the beach version?

Also, one of the most impressive things about the GPZ7000 over the GPX is the type of gold the GPZ can "see" vs. the GPX. Old patches that have been hammered by a GPX come alive when a GPZ is swung over them. The difference is that the gold found with the GPZ is "pourous" or non-continuous specimens that the GPX is blind to.
So, my question is does anybody know (yet) whether or not the prospecting version of this detector will behave like a GPX or a GPZ in terms of the type of gold it will respond to?
Thanks!
Dean
June 13, 2020 02:14PM
The nugget hunting version of the impulse – which I’m betting will be called the Impulse Gold – will not have the same sort discrimination function as the AQ. The two channel analysis of return signals will be used to provide a wide ranging ground balance function as opposed to being aligned in such a way that it can provide the kind of limited discrimination that the AQ provides.

As far as porous gold, size of gold etc. I believe the Impulse Gold parenthesis (if it is called that) will be as sensitive to porous and tiny gold has any existing Detector whether VLF or PI.

Rick Kempf
June 13, 2020 02:49PM
That sounds promising, Rick.
I suspected as much, in that, it does not have the detection "hole" that the GPX does. I'm not even sure that is the reason why the GPX can't see some types of nugs...but I suspect that to be the case. Thanks again!
Dean
June 13, 2020 03:59PM
I cannot confirm “no holes” on the Terra - I can confirm it on the AQ

Rick Kempf
OBN
June 13, 2020 04:12PM
Stay tuned for more. Remember I am not a tester...but like everyone out there excited to see how it does....As I go I will have more video's/ information and I promises it won't be at a snails pace. From what I have tested so far..the Discriminate mods..Tones...Mute you loose about 2 to 3 inch's on large targets, the small the target the less you loose. Not sure on the volcanic mod yet... And Thank you for the Kind word...Headed out now for a hunt.., but with the Excalibur..

June 13, 2020 05:13PM
Pimento Wrote:
> Makes me wonder if the battery housing was designed for 8 x 18650's, and when switched to NiMH's, it
> wasn't changed to 8 x NiMH's in series, with only 10V nominal battery voltage, so they had to use smaller
> cells, like AA, in order to squeeze 10 cells in the box.

Originally 4x18650. The Impulse consumes 8 watts and 4x18650 is roughly 48W-hrs, or 6 hours run time. The new system will still be 4x18650 but will use drop-in cells instead of a pre-made pack so you can easily buy spares.
June 13, 2020 05:26PM
So - tnss - you might have come upon the solution.

Rick Kempf
June 13, 2020 05:31PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Will the land version have the same discrimination ability as the beach version?

No, as Rick said the disc feature of the AQ comes at the expense of a true ground balance. The AU model will have ground balance instead.

> So, my question is does anybody know (yet) whether or not the prospecting version of this detector will
> behave like a GPX or a GPZ in terms of the type of gold it will respond to?

I suspect porous gold behaves much like a fine-link necklace, with exceptionally small eddy domains that have a very fast response. The GPZ can see sub-grain nuggets that the GPX cannot, and that's where the porous gold resides. It remains to be seen how small the AU will detect but sub-grain is the goal. The first version will likely have a target hole but there is a concept to eliminate that in a later version. It's R&D right now.
June 13, 2020 05:40PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> So - tnss - you might have come upon the solution.

I was just thinking out loud.
Seems these days when it comes to lithium kinda batteries.
Better to build detector to fit the batteries, NOT build the battery for the detector.

Good common type battery that has good proven track record for no leaks, no explosions, no fires.
June 13, 2020 08:52PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> So - tnss - you might have come upon the solution.

He did. thumbs down
OBN
June 14, 2020 06:33PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Thats a great video BUT someone show us how good t
> his thing is in discrimination (tone mode......I
> thought that was the big deal about this machine..
> ..
>
> In tone mode Lay a gold ring 8 inches in the groun
> d and a nail on top of the ground 3 inches off cen
> ter and show us what it does. Keep moving the nail
> back till it finally hits the ring...then bury the
> ring 11 inches and put the nail in with it and sho
> w us what it does..
>
> That all metal is fine but not what really needs t
> o be seen about this machine. IMO

Yes I'll be working on those the next few weeks, and post some video's over on Steves forum ASAP. What I was after in a PI was Deep only, but I have to say I am impressed by it's discrimination after hunting in mute mod on and off. And I can say right now it is not perfect but impressive I've found two gold going thru some bad areas. As I learn I will post, and Thanks all for understanding this is a learning thing for all of us. It will be easier as more share there experiences...cause ever beach is different.

OBN
June 14, 2020 07:14PM
Geotech Wrote:
> Pimento Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Makes me wonder if the battery housing was desig
> ned for 8 x 18650's, and when switched to NiMH's,
> it
> > wasn't changed to 8 x NiMH's in series, with onl
> y 10V nominal battery voltage, so they had to use
> smaller
> > cells, like AA, in order to squeeze 10 cells in
> the box.
>
> Originally 4x18650. The Impulse consumes 8 watts a
> nd 4x18650 is roughly 48W-hrs, or 6 hours run time
> . The new system will still be 4x18650 but will us
> e drop-in cells instead of a pre-made pack so you
> can easily buy spares.

I built a lipo for it, 4 hours 7 minute ...Not long enough.... So I just ordered 8 Samsung 35E 18650 cells for it..see how that goes..

Once I get the 8 cell Samsung made I will test and do a video on how to make your own

June 15, 2020 12:39AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Warranty is two years from Fisher their usual term
> s - non-transferable. It’s the usual drill with F
> irst Texas Products call Felix tell him what your
> problem is he’ll give you a return material author
> ity RMA and you sent it in and they fix it or repl
> ace it.
>
> I fully expect one or more of the buyers to prompt
> it posted on eBay for a substantial premium!
>
> At present, the sales are US and Canada - a coupl
> e of people have tried to play games about having
> a US address when they live somewhere else and I g
> uess I have to take up that question with Fisher t
> o find out where they are with that – but for the
> time being I will only sell to someone who is in t
> he US or Canada.

It's odd thinking that having postal addresses in different locations is playing games.

Reality is simple; it's for convenience and safety, especially these days with COVID-19 and civil unrest in many countries !

smileys with beer
June 15, 2020 01:58AM
Ivan, send me a picture of you in front of a recognizable Oregon landmark with a copy of that day’s local newspaper in your hand and we’ll talk - it’s called a “proof of life” or in your case”proof of location”.

Until then, you ain’t getting one no matter how loud you complain.

Rick Kempf
June 15, 2020 02:37AM
Hope you don’t mind Rick.
Going to link your AQ limited sell sheet post here.
Mr Dankowski has said and I totally agree with him, keeping info in same thread has advantages.
Rick feel free to post flyer here in this thread and I will delete link below. Good idea Rick to put flyer in first post of this thread. So folks can see right off the bat.

Link to AQ limited sell sheet / flyer
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 02:51AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 15, 2020 02:40AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Ivan, send me a picture of you in front of a recog
> nizable Oregon landmark with a copy of that day’s
> local newspaper in your hand and we’ll talk - it’s
> called a “proof of life” or in your case”proof of
> location”.
>
> Until then, you ain’t getting one no matter how lo
> ud you complain.

I have no need to be one of the first to get one, I only expected to be on the list according to your email.
You can only take a mans word for being honest, my apology I was mistaken.
There will be other dealers that are less biased.
On the other hand, if no Impulse AQ Limited come to the beaches I frequent then I already have the best detectors currently available and our beaches are all open.!
June 15, 2020 03:00AM
Ivan, Good luck and good hunting!

You do raise an interesting issue however. You propose to get one from a “less biased” dealer. For the Impulse AQ limited - good luck with that – I am the only dealer.

Having said that - when the fully developed a AQ is available it will no doubt be marketed worldwide by First Texas Products through their network of dealers and distributors.

I Look forward to that very much - because at that point the worldwide sales of this will begin to justify the very large investment that First Texas has made in this new technology – of which the AQ is merely the first product.

In that phase of the program’s life I hope to continue to be a dealer and serve my customers in a first class manner - utilizing everything I know about and have learned about this platform over the last five years of tracking its progress from Alexandra Tartar.’s early post on Carl Moreland’s Geotech forum.

Rick Kempf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 03:15AM by lytle78.
June 15, 2020 10:29AM
Experienced detectorist first impression of unit
[www.detectorprospector.com]
June 15, 2020 01:18PM
Does anyone want to give a deep explanation of ZTS design on AQ
June 15, 2020 01:46PM
gman Wrote:
> Does anyone want to give a deep explanation of ZTS
> design on AQ

I would like the hear that too. The phrase makes no sense to me. Why would we want Zero Target Separation?
June 15, 2020 03:08PM
I will be real interested in seeing Steve Herschbach's comparison of the AQ versus his GPZ 7000 on a salt water beach.

I hunt the Florida Treasure Coast 1715 beaches and use several PI's: White's TDI and modified HeadHunter Pulses with custom Eric Foster coils as well as modified Excals.

Over the years I have seen every serious detector show up on the 1715 beaches including GPZ 7000s and recently a Tarsacci 8000.

Not really interested in small modern jewelry like earring backs but pure depth for actually mostly silver i.e. reales, artifacts, gold artifacts, escudos which are good sized targets but very deep. Beach conditions are very important here but I have dug significant targets at 19 inches with my current detectors.
June 15, 2020 03:16PM
ZTS® « ZERO TARGET SEPARATION » --> https://youtu.be/KyXn7X0jZtA

HRS® « HIGHLY REACTIVE SYSTEM » --> https://youtu.be/uj2AokIsVr0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 03:18PM by goldenretriever.