Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Relic detectors

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Relic detectors
June 24, 2020 12:32AM
What are you guys currently using that you consider to be your top detector/coil combos for relics?
Re: Relic detectors
June 24, 2020 12:44AM
Equinox 800, stock coil
June 24, 2020 12:46AM
Equinox 800 11" coil
June 24, 2020 01:30AM
The best one I have used in iron infestation is my Minelab Musketeer Advantage with the TS800 coil, you will get all the non ferrous and the large iron with it. But good luck finding one. smiling smiley
June 24, 2020 01:40AM
Depends on the site.
Real old site no modern trash, Deus and Nox.

If modern trash like the Eqx better even the Etrac.

The vista X I have still to early for me to rate. Lot of places grown up with hay and weeds.

Gotta watch the Deus with elliptical Hf coil installed, it can find things in tough places.
June 24, 2020 01:43AM
Equinox 800 and XP Deus. The Deus is still the best in heavy iron IMHO because of the tonal options and nuances.
June 24, 2020 02:31AM
800 Nox unless really heavy iron then Deus with HF coil. If your sites are worn out try the Minelab GPX. Its sweeps up.
June 24, 2020 05:03AM
Tarsacci 8000 Stock coil.

Deeper than a VLF in my dirt.

Digs a whole lot less iron falses too.

Unmask very very very well when set right.And this is with stock coil

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 24, 2020 03:28PM
I gotta say I'm using the Tarsacci more than my Equinox relic hunting these days.

My preferences in cleaner ground in this order are Tarsacci, Equinox, GPX. If the iron is really bad I'll start with the Deus and see what's left with the Tarsacci.
June 24, 2020 05:01PM
Equinox 800 w/stock coil, MMK as a backup machine.
June 24, 2020 05:11PM
For Relic hunting on pasture sites when i need additional depth then i use my Nexus MP with the 13'' coil also the Nexus SE with the dual 9'' coil.

On high mineralised sites then the TDI Pro with the Coiltek 14x9 coil can go upto using a 20'' Mono coil,or ultimate depth for Relic hunting then my Fisher TW-5 twin box comes out too play.
June 24, 2020 05:53PM
Nox with 15 inch coil, deep and sensitive to the low/mid conductors, love it.
June 24, 2020 06:54PM
MDT 8000. It's the only machine I currently own. Too many people have Equinoxes now. I like having something different.
June 24, 2020 10:15PM
I’m happy to say I discovered the Tarsacci was a fantastic relic machine while it was still a secret!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
June 27, 2020 07:22PM
Thanks for your responses Gentlemen.---You guys helped a lot.---I made my decision on a relic detector(s) and have both a Equinox 800 and ORX coming.-------Del
June 28, 2020 03:09AM
Hey Del I thought you already had those.

El
June 28, 2020 03:59AM
Nothing like "another go around"!---I try to outfit both my wife & I as intelligently as I can my friend.---Elbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Del I thought you already had those.
>
> El
June 28, 2020 06:22AM
Nox 800 and ORX with Elliptical HF coil here as well.
June 28, 2020 10:39AM
Way to go Tom!---I KNEW I was doing something right. smiling smiley---I got both the 5X10" & 9" h.f. coils for the ORX and the extra 6" coil for the E800.----Del----Tom Slick Wrote:
> Nox 800 and ORX with Elliptical HF coil here as we
> ll.
June 28, 2020 03:38PM
coinspader Wrote:
> The best one I have used in iron infestation is my
> Minelab Musketeer Advantage with the TS800 coil, y
> ou will get all the non ferrous and the large iron
> with it. But good luck finding one. smiling smiley

Ya know, there was a guy I once knew, with a musketeer. Since that model sold so few, I had never seen one before. And since he was a beginner, I was showing him some of the ropes, when he and I were toying around with his, in air tests. At a certain point, I went to show him what the term "masking" meant. I attempted to cover a coin with a nail. And to my surprise, it still effortlessly picked up the conductive hit. So I added a 2nd nail, and it STILL didn't mask out. HHmmm. I don't think it was until I added the 3rd nail that it finally started to null. I was very impressed ! That's something that typically only wimpy 2-filter machines (or an old 77b ) can accomplish.

So I searched ebay endlessly till I finally found my own Musketeer. Took it out to some iron ridden ghost-townsy zones. And wasn't too impressed. Almost as if I had a lemon , or my friend's machine was somehow different. I could never get it to replicate what I saw my friend's machine do.

Is there different type musketeers ? Or different type coils ? Or perhaps subtle differences between them (eg.: made on a Wednesday vs made on a Friday) .
June 29, 2020 01:35AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> coinspader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The best one I have used in iron infestation is
> my
> > Minelab Musketeer Advantage with the TS800 coil,
> y
> > ou will get all the non ferrous and the large ir
> on
> > with it. But good luck finding one. smiling smiley
>
>
> Ya know, there was a guy I once knew, with a muske
> teer. Since that model sold so few, I had never
> seen one before. And since he was a beginner, I
> was showing him some of the ropes, when he and I w
> ere toying around with his, in air tests. At a c
> ertain point, I went to show him what the term "ma
> sking" meant. I attempted to cover a coin with a
> nail. And to my surprise, it still effortlessly
> picked up the conductive hit. So I added a 2nd na
> il, and it STILL didn't mask out. HHmmm. I don
> 't think it was until I added the 3rd nail that it
> finally started to null. I was very impressed !
> That's something that typically only wimpy 2-filt
> er machines (or an old 77b ) can accomplish.
>
> So I searched ebay endlessly till I finally found
> my own Musketeer. Took it out to some iron ridde
> n ghost-townsy zones. And wasn't too impressed.
> Almost as if I had a lemon , or my friend's machin
> e was somehow different. I could never get it to
> replicate what I saw my friend's machine do.
>
> Is there different type musketeers ? Or different
> type coils ? Or perhaps subtle differences betwee
> n them (eg.: made on a Wednesday vs made on a Frid
> ay) . The small TS800 coil works the best for unmasking, ground balance is an important factor as well. The Musky will hit large iron objects but it is possible to size them, also lifting the coil helps to determine if you have big iron.It does real well in small iron and it is amazingly deep even with the small coil. I think it wasn't popular because it was a beep and dig without a VDI. Keith Southern knows a lot about the Muskies, the one I own used to belong to him.
June 29, 2020 03:14AM
Fisher F75 or Nautilus2ba
June 29, 2020 11:24AM
Xp Deus and Vista X
Relic detectors
June 29, 2020 05:54PM
"Relic Hunting" can mean different thing to different people. My primary-use Relic Hunting detectors and coils for very challenging sites that have a very dense amount of iron nails and other ferrous-based junk are the: Nokta FORS CoRe w/'OOR' DD coil and FORS Relic w/5" DD coil the XP ORX w/5X9½ DD HF coil and a DeepTech Vista 'X' w/5.7 DD coil.

Sites with a low-to-modest amount of ferrous debris that is more scattered I also use the: Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric coil Minelab Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD coil White's XLT w/6½" Concentric coil and plan to use the Nokta / Makro Simplex + w/5X9½ DD coil. If needed I also have the 5X9½ DD at-the-ready on spare lower rods for the CoRe and Relic devices.

I seldom use any coil larger than those because 95% of my hunting takes place at very brushy and heavily littered sites where a larger coil would work against me.

Monte
July 02, 2020 02:40AM
Fisher F 75 and XP Deus