Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New hoover boys

Posted by Pedlar mills 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New hoover boys
June 24, 2020 12:28PM
See the hoover boys have got the new apex in the video they just released
Re: New hoover boys
June 24, 2020 02:19PM
Good to see the APEX pullin' some finds.
It still amazes how landowners have no interest in Morgan's an Gold rings coming outta' their land? I could see a crusty old button or old copper but silver and gold would make them want to get their own detector you would think? I guess people different down in that area.
June 24, 2020 04:15PM
Most all landowners I have dealings with couldn't care less about stuff on their property. I have only encountered 2 that jokingly told me "If you find a wagon full of gold coins and bars, I want half of it".

Edit***

Just watched the video. You can sure hear the electrical interference coming through on the Apex but can also see a high tension line tower in the background and electrical fence too. If you listen you can hear the pulse routine of the fence. That might be a bad thing for the new unit if it's that subjective to emi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2020 06:52PM by Daniel Tn.
June 24, 2020 06:23PM
Fun bunch to watch.

It definitely found the goods. Extra tone range was interesting. Kind of a shame it isn't waterproof. Will be interesting to see what it can do when it's released.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2020 10:37PM by DFinTX.
June 25, 2020 01:56PM
It would still be intresting to see what they would say after you found a Confederate Buckle or rare Gold coin and they ask the what is it worth question. I bet they would think differently.
And if they don't I bet their wife would, Ha!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2020 02:06PM by Harold,ILL..
June 25, 2020 05:17PM
Over the years I have been on hunts and property where multiple CS plates have been found, along with other relics that were individually worth hundreds of dollars. Can show it all to the owners and explain what each item is and answer any questions about value, etc. The most I have ever had them want is a bullet or two and most are reluctant to do that. My buddy Jeff and I hunted this man's freshly tilled garden area in a old part of town. Jeff found the tongue portion of a Virginia 2 piece buckle...a very valuable buckle. That's the only relic we found there but we did find a piece the guy had lost off his tiller. We showed him the buckle and explained what it was and he didn't even want to hold it. He about did backflips over us finding that tiller part though. That's just how people are...down here anyway. Now, some of the people that moved down here from Yankeedom, specifically from Ohio and New York...they are different animals. They might buy 5 acres but to them, they not only own 5 acres...but also everything that they can see that also joins that 5 acres. Ironically, they hated where they came from so much that they moved...but then try to make where they move to, to be like where they moved from. My area has been invaded by them. The land and cost of living is so cheap here that they can't pass it up. They can buy land and build a house that in other parts of the country, would cost them well over a million dollars. Here, they can come build a brand new 4,000+ sq ft home, however they want it, and do it for $500,000 or less...with land.

If I relic hunted more these days, I would be using the current US situation in my favor for Confederate relics. I'm thinking some would absolutely have a melt down if they thought something Confederate was on THEIR property.
June 25, 2020 06:19PM
Yes that is the way people are up here Daniel. I even quit door knockin' as all said either no or they would just get a detector and hunt it themself like them Guys on T.V.
June 25, 2020 07:33PM
Harold -- I am definitely seeing more and more of that down my way. As the older farmers die off, their land goes up for sale and people from up north or from Florida buy it. My understanding is that some areas of Florida have become so high in cost of living and taxes, that some people who moved there to retire, can't make it on their retirement funds and had to pull up stakes and move to lower cost of living areas. Whatever the case is, it sure has changed the demographic of the local area. 30 years ago, if you got permission to hunt a 600 acre farm and didn't leave gates open, covered your holes, etc and did right by the owner...then you pretty much also gained access to his neighbors and friends property too because word travels. I've had 400 acre permissions blossom into 1,000+ acres because of that very thing. Not anymore! A lot of these landowners and farmers were in their late 60s and early 70s back 30 years ago and have passed on now. In fact, only one original land owner is still living from when I first started driving and being able to get permission for places to hunt. One. And he's in his 80s. Some of the places I've been able to get permission for again with the new owners...some, I get cussed and lectured for knocking on their door. Thus why I fish more and more these days.
June 25, 2020 09:24PM
So the equinox found the Morgan and Gold ring?
June 26, 2020 01:12AM
These guys hunt mud all the time. The Apex should be waterproof. Garrett miscalculated on that.
June 26, 2020 12:21PM
It is waterproof but not submersible.
I never saw them go into the water?
June 27, 2020 09:57PM
The Hoover Boys do some water hunting, but 90% is farm fields. I'm sure the Apex Pro will be submersible, and not just "rain proof" like the Ace Apex.
June 27, 2020 10:56PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These guys hunt mud all the time. The Apex should
> be waterproof. Garrett miscalculated on that.

This is the (Ace) Apex .......pretty sure The Apex (Pro) full water Proofing more Features will be coming soon..... Was Stated in the First Apex video.......more Apex stuff coming later .