Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What does the first buyer of the Impulse AQ limited think of it?

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What does the first buyer of the Impulse AQ limited think of it?
June 26, 2020 08:08PM
Nice clear short video of the AQ in action in the Chesapeake.

22k 5.3 gram ring 18/19 inch's - all metal - 15 inch's reject in mute

[www.youtube.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: What does the first buyer of the Impulse AQ limited think of it?
June 26, 2020 10:01PM
Ah, the Chesapeake. For some reason, I thought Joe might be farther north like Connecticut or RI. That explains why it looks like a lake. Mystery solved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2020 10:05PM by Badger in NH.
June 27, 2020 11:35PM
I can't tell how the disc works and no VDI is kind of a downer for me.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 28, 2020 12:07AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't tell how the disc works and no VDI is kind
> of a downer for me.

I think that will be a downer for a lot of people.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 01:22AM by Badger in NH.
June 28, 2020 12:17AM
Downer? A guy who likely knows nothing about what this detector is designed to do complains that he doesn’t understand the discrimination and needs a VDI.

Well, it is only for one thing - gold jewelry at the beach better than any existing detector. If you aren’t into that, your opinions of it are of little relevance.

The $7000 Minelab GPZ has NO discrimination and NO VDI, so I guess the best detector in the world for finding gold nuggets is “kind of a downer” lol

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 12:22AM by lytle78.
June 28, 2020 12:23AM
I didn't know it was just for the beach so forgive me but I do like VDI readings and I have not read enough info to be as informed as you are and I don't hunt beaches I'm a relic hunter

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 28, 2020 12:28AM
Like I said.

Rick Kempf
June 28, 2020 06:03PM
Dang Rick one two many cups of coffee? For some, this will be a downer if they arent into PIs for beach hunting and was expecting a perfect disc system similar to a VLF..... and i think every ones opinion on here matters and is relevant rather you like um or not. You have used this machine .... in the or near the salt water how many times? Joe makes great videos and is a good friend. But at this point there are only a couple of guys got them so its going to be a learning process for them ...... and is it the deepest detector IN THE SALT WATER. Do we know that yet..... a lot of things become equal in the salt water even over the wet sand. Ive seen very few if any detectors being tested IN the salt water.... because its not that easy to do. So its a bit of a guess what they are doing and their actual depth. I have no doubt its the deepest detector in AM.

I know Carl and i believe Mr. Mallory made some suggestion Tom might get one of these.... with of course no promise from Carl depended on parts. With this silly virus i highly doubt Carl's doing much traveling. I wouldnt. So i dont know if he has.

Let me add one more thing..... you said it was the best detector for finding gold on the beach. Thats yet to be determined. I dont believe with a 12 1/2" coil and it being a PI with some disc that id be taking it up into the dry sand. Is it the best gold machine in the water..... Joes the only one who has tested it there in his conditions. I take you back to MLs statement.... it will obsolete all other detectors. I dont believe it did.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2020 11:32AM by dewcon4414.
June 28, 2020 07:16PM
I like everything about the AQ and I'm totally sold on it but I think a lot of people who have been waiting with anticipation for a new model from Fisher will be disappointed that it is a PI.
June 29, 2020 02:50AM
I think that when more get out in the wild then we will see people warming up to pulse machines. This is the only new technology being produced by any detector manufacturer. With Garrett entering the multi frequency market, there’s really not going to be a lot of money to be made with the flood of relatively cheap vlf machines.
June 29, 2020 12:29PM
Rick calm down he was just asking some questions about your precious.....THE ALMIGHTY has spoken folks and said it is the best beach gold machine ever made.....

Lets see the french guy and two others are the only one using it on the beach.

Rick you better hope its that good or your gonna look like a Jack ARSE...
June 29, 2020 01:02PM
Well Rick only has a Chance of looking like a Jack Arse---unlike those who ARE Jack Arses.
July 01, 2020 12:31AM
Because of this Covid thing my wife and I made a decision to stay away from high risk situations. But any other year I would take the plunge and be an owner of this detector. The advantage in depth looks amazing for wet sand. If my understanding is correct they might offer an updated version in the future. Because of the current health climate I think I'll wait for next season. But I have to say it is tempting.
July 01, 2020 09:47AM
Home sweet home.
July 06, 2020 05:06PM
Why is the target not covered by the sand?

A PVC pipe in the sand with the target not being covered in the highly mineralized sand will not be as accurate as a covered target, would it?

THIS IS NOT an attack on the product - just asking if there would be a difference if the target was actually buried.

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 07, 2020 12:51AM
RC legit question. I tried a prototype in late 2018 in stripey black sand in San Diego and got pretty much the same results on buried nickels - about 18” in discriminate. My Nox got 8”

Rick Kempf
cjc
July 11, 2020 10:16AM
This is an extremely deep P.I. detector. It also features a very fast response and good gold optimization. Even with a pulse like the AQ that has some iron rejection capabilities, you can't expect it to perform like a VLF. This will be the most powerful and effective gold getting machine for the beach and shallow water to date, but it requires some basic pulse hunting skills. Like any powerful detector theres a learning curve. cjc

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 08:21PM by cjc.