Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simplex optional search coils now in production

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simplex optional search coils now in production
June 26, 2020 11:10PM
8.5" round and 9x5" DD coils

Shipping to distributors next week.

smileys with beer

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: Simplex optional search coils now in production
June 27, 2020 01:51AM
That isn't what Monte wanted! smiling smileySven1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 8.5" round and 9x5" DD coils
>
> Shipping to distributors next week.
>
> smileys with beer
June 27, 2020 02:41AM
Monte doesn't always get what he wants.

But, if there's enough demand Dilek said they could make a 5" round DD for the Simplex.

At least we're getting two smaller than stock coils........................

Works for me
June 30, 2020 01:38AM
D&P-OR: That isn't what Monte wanted!

Del, it is partly what I wanted. I have WANTED or ASKED FOR or nearly BEGGED FOR a 5" DD for the nasty iron contaminated sites, and a good mid-size coil such as a 7" Concentric or 5X9½ DD open-frame. They already said they can't make a Concentric for the Simplex + (although I don't know why not) so the 5X9½ DD is definitely one of the two important search coils I feel we need

Sven1: Monte doesn't always get what he wants. But, if there's enough demand Dilek said they could make a 5" round DD for the Simplex.

At least we're getting two smaller than stock coils.

Sven, you are also kind of right in that I don't always get what I want, but in this case we are going to get half of what I wanted, and now it's time to plead for the very important 5" DD coil to get into production. We don't all hunt open beaches, plowed farm fields and similar sites where some might like a larger coil. We needed smaller coils because their standard 11" DD on the Simplex + works quite well for bigger-coil needs. The two new coils Dilek announced are just fine .... but now we need a 5" DD to be fully outfitted.

Monte
June 30, 2020 03:00AM
Yeah Monte, at least we got partly what were asking for. Thought for sure at first Dilek was convinced to produce the 7" concentric. Possible the Simplex processor and coding
couldn't handle a concentric. May have needed extra computer hardware....................like the other upper end models.

I have been posting that everyone who wants a 5" coil to ask for one. Hopefully enough people will give that push and actually want to buy one.
Back on the UK forum to get some info on an older detector......they have a Simplex sub-forum. Mentioned about the 5", might some extra push there as well. As they hunt a lot between corn stubble.

Works for me
July 05, 2020 06:14PM
The F70 and F75 have a 5" x 9.5" 'concentric' search coil.

tabman
July 06, 2020 01:17AM
I would love to see them make a 5" dd.
July 06, 2020 01:20AM
Sven1 Wrote:

Yeah Monte, at least we got partly what were asking for.

I have been posting that everyone who wants a 5" coil to ask for one. Hopefully enough people will give that push and actually want to buy one. Back on the UK forum to get some info on an older
detector......they have a Simplex sub-forum. Mentioned about the 5", might some extra push there as well. As they hunt a lot between corn stubble.

I need the 5" DD for the really dense iron littered old sites I hunt, but in the plowed pastures or harvested fields, I use the 5" all the time when hunting the planted/harvested rows. The 5" DD coil works great for that task and is almost a perfect fit for most of them. Corn or other crops.

Monte
July 08, 2020 12:13AM
8.5 is the perfect sizetongue sticking out smiley