Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First gold with the Tarsacci smiling smiley

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First gold with the Tarsacci smiling smiley
July 05, 2020 06:13PM
Today was the second outing with the 8000 at the lake and the first gold since I started hunting in the water. This park has produce quite a bit of gold and silver in the area between the old shoreline and the water. I was certain I was going to hit the jackpot as soon as I ventured into the water.
I've spent about 10 hours hunting out to waist deep and was in for a rude awaking. I think I've found 4 pieces of silver jewelry and maybe 2 pieces of junk jewelry. My first thought was someone beat me to it, but, I was digging way too much trash. I guess these people leave the jewelry at home or in the car.

The bottom is a layer of some sand, mostly soft mud, then hardpan. So far, nothing very deep has been dug. Trying to use a scoop is useless, so, I pinpoint the target and zero in on it with the my pinpointer.

There is a story involving the ring. 2 weeks ago I was hunting along the water when a park ranger pulled up and asked me if I was having any luck. I told her that I had just begun and had found mostly trash. She commented on the fact that she has seen me here quite a bit and that she had a favor to ask me. Her nephew had lost his college class ring and if I found it to contact her so she could get in touch with him. I said sure thing and she drove off.

My first thought was I'd have a better chance of finding a needle in a haystack than finding his ring. A week goes by and I decide to head down to the lake and hunt, this was last week. It's starting to get crowded, so I pick a spot out of the way. That spot didn't produce so I moved to another. Same story, no luck, time to move. I'm driving down the beach and see an open spot, pull in and head into the water.

I'm in the water maybe 10 minutes and see a guy walking over to where I'm at. I head over to him and say hi and he proceeds to tell me that he lost his college class ring 3 weeks ago close to where I'm hunting. He tells me the story and describes the ring and shows me where they were when he lost it. Lol...what are the odds.

Anyway, he says there is a reward and asks me to look for it, I told him he didn't have to pay me and I'd do what I could to help out. I spend a couple of hours hunting the area and told him I would come back and look again, I was using the Equinox. The next day I go back with the Simplex and regrid the shore and then in the water for 2-3 hours, no luck that time either.

Today, I'm using the Tarsacci, and head back down to get some time in on the machine to start learning it. I'm running disc mode, threshold at -2, sens at 6, black sand on, salt on, set to 32, GB set to 600 and 18 khz. I had black sand and salt on because it seemed to help the machine run smoother, I was getting some emi when they were off.

I'm running 18 Khz mainly to try and hit small gold and maybe a chain. First 2 hours I'm digging the usual garbage, but, I'm digging everything from -2 up just in case. I wander down to the area where the guy said he lost the ring, but, I'm not expecting to find it. I get a nice solid hit and dig down about 6" and see a blob of sand and a glint of shiny stuff in it smiling smiley I knew instantly it was his. I looked around and saw an old plug about 8' away from where I dug the ring. I have no idea how in the world I missed it the other 2 times.

I found him on facebook and sent him a message and am waiting for a reply. Sorry for the rambling.

[/url
Re: First gold with the Tarsacci smiling smiley
July 05, 2020 08:16PM
Congrat's Dan! That's really neat.
Keep us posted ….if the guy contacts you back....on FaceBook
or
the Park Ranger sees you again!

Is your lake: Salt Water?
July 05, 2020 08:21PM
Way cool Dan, Kudos!
July 05, 2020 08:47PM
Dan I’m in salt water and got 5 gold chains last year..... I was using 9khz, so I’d think you will NOT have an issue since you can run higher freq. I hunt a lot different than most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 12:01AM by dewcon4414.
July 05, 2020 09:03PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congrat's Dan! That's really neat.
> Keep us posted ….if the guy contacts you back....o
> n FaceBook
> or
> the Park Ranger sees you again!
>
> Is your lake: Salt Water?

The ring has been returned, I spoke with the owner and he was thrilled smiling smiley His aunt (park ranger) lives next to the entrance of the park I hunt. I just got back from dropping it off. This is a fresh water lake(Lake Travis) 5 minutes from my house.
July 05, 2020 09:06PM
Good for you.
July 05, 2020 09:07PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Dan I’m in salt water and got 5 gold chains last y
> ear..... I was using 9khz, so I’d think you will h
> ave an issue since you can run higher freq. I hu
> nt a lot different than most.

I don't hunt in salt water, I could, but, it's a 4 1/2 hour drive one way. I'm surround by lakes and rivers, which is where I will focus my attention with the Tarsacci.
July 06, 2020 12:03AM
Nice!
July 06, 2020 12:43AM
Dan...…. that Park Ranger will probably give you a kitchen-pass..... forever!

In the Western US...… some of the lakes have a fair amount of salt; hence..... saltwater and Salt Balance. Sounds like your lake is pure freshwater.
July 06, 2020 12:54AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Dan...…. that Park Ranger will probably give you a
> kitchen-pass..... forever!
>
> In the Western US...… some of the lakes have a fai
> r amount of salt; hence..... saltwater and Salt Ba
> lance. Sounds like your lake is pure freshwater.

It's always a good thing to be in good graces with the powers that be lol. Lake Travis is fed by the Colorado River. The Nox GB's at 0 and the Tarsacci normally hits in the mid 500's.
July 06, 2020 01:13AM
Nice going Dan.
July 06, 2020 09:40AM
Nice find, Dan, and great return. HH jim tn
July 06, 2020 01:59PM
Good work....sounds like good hunting grounds....congratulations!
July 07, 2020 12:41AM
That’s great Dan, glad you got it back to its owner, gorgeous ring!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]