Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Went for the gold, ended up with a big & little silver....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Went for the gold, ended up with a big & little silver....
July 11, 2020 06:10AM
Fun day at the lake today, found some old coins and a big James Avery silver ring.

Thanks!

Aaron

[youtu.be]

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
Re: Went for the gold, ended up with a big silver...
July 11, 2020 09:15AM
thumbs downthumbs down Enjoyed the video Aaron. Learned the Salt doesn't kick in unless the GB is over 600, thanks!

Not much info on Tracking. Can you familiarize me to it.... Does it keep up with resetting the GB when ground changes? If it fluctuates above and below 600, will it turn the Salt on and off automatically?
July 11, 2020 09:50AM
Thanks Steve!

If you have rapidly changing ground mineralization and you are not aiming for the highest possible sensitivity, tracking can be used. The tracking only compensates for the ground mineralization. Also remember, the tracking only works in a 50 point spread, up or down.

July 11, 2020 11:04AM
Send me a loaner and I will run it through the test garden and put it up against the Equinox and Deus on some test.
I hear all this talk about it being a good relic machine in iron....

I also will carry it to my 1817 HAMMERED permission here in town which is loaded with iron and modern trash.It will not take long to figure out good it is on that site.
July 11, 2020 12:12PM
Im a bit confused by the statement you have to use 600 or higher for SB to kick in. Most of my beaches wont GB so ive been running 567ish which i can tell by a bit of a chatter when im close to the hard pan vs fluffy sand in the salt water. Are you just talking about dirt hunting? Because SB adjustments at my GB definitely are noticeable. Want to be an influencer step out there and put down the cash like i did. I bought one because SB really interested me especially since it used single freqs and i had used a similar machine here in Fl which got great depth.... but fell flat in black sand. This one seemed a real improvement in many ways. Im a hunter and put a lot of hours in tying to lean the machine...... and this one took a little time to find what seems to work for me. Im sure there are things im still doing wrong....... but the machine is working pretty darn good for me over what i was using in my conditions. The MDT may or may not out perform another favorite machine you own...... but its got a lot of power and the way i run it for salt water it has for me. Ive rarely grabbed another machine. My test garden is in the water..... and thus far its proven a good buy for me.
July 11, 2020 12:39PM
I have spent close to 20 grand over the last year or so on gear. So I have no problem on spending cash.

LOANER = FREE EXPOSURE
July 11, 2020 12:56PM
Dew, according to what Keith and I have found, the Tarsacci runs A LOT smoother, less chatter and falsing while the salinity balance is activated. In dirt and water. And for salinity to be activated (as per Dimitar) the GB needs to be at least 600. I also like to note I keep the Black Sand on too as this may or may not help (as per Dimitar). Now to fair, I have tested it extensively it with the GB below 600 w salinity on and do not notice that much chatter. However, there is a dramatic difference in performance with salinity off, (-30 disc/ -9 threshold) even in my fresh water. There are still a lot of things regarding this machine that simply cannot be explained. as Keith and I shown this in our videos, demos than simply defy logic and seemly even physics. I’m sure you and Cliff having far more time (thousands of hours) can appreciate this.

July 11, 2020 03:28PM
well done video. I like the narration of your various suspicions of TID's prior to digging. Thanx for bringing us along !
July 11, 2020 03:39PM
Thanks Tom!

Update, I just discovered the thin silver ring is actually .925.
It was at 15-17” and I was in 9khz, sensitivity 9.

cdv
July 12, 2020 11:04AM
Nice hunt Aaron, I knew that was a James Avery as soon as I saw the hallmark...
Curious, what camera are you using for your videos, quality seems pretty good and apparently the battery lasts long too.

Cliff
July 12, 2020 12:04PM
Great video Aaron. I like how it was done, showing the settings and what you thought the target might be. Good editing as well to have good flow as a viewer.

Thanks,
Josh
July 12, 2020 08:07PM
Thanks Cliff! I’m using my iPhone 10xr. I had it on a chest mount. I guess the battery is one advantage w the iPhone, however it’s awkward to work w the big phone and turning the camera off and on.
I’ve got a GoPro8, it has voice command but the batteries go fast!

Josh, I really appreciate it, thank you! Filming your hunts is WORK and exiting is another thing! Those guys out there making really good hunting videos, gotta hand it to them!

cdv
July 12, 2020 08:36PM
Well using my phone won't happen....I've gone the go pro route and the battery life is awful....
I'll figure something else out. Thanks for the reply!

Cliff
Re: Went for the gold, ended up with a big & little silver....
July 12, 2020 09:46PM
Great hunt Aaron, that's a great spot to hunt, congrats.