Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Want To See What A Sheet Of Aluminum Foil Does To The Tarsacci

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Want To See What A Sheet Of Aluminum Foil Does To The Tarsacci
July 11, 2020 06:03PM
I posted this in the MDT thread but some may not browse that thread.

So I'll drop it here also.

Quarter under a sheet of aluminum foil.

Tarsacci has the foil I.D .number Notched out which is about 6-7 ID..

Note the Safari is for demonstrative purposes only.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 06:04PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Want To See What A Sheet Of Aluminum Foil Does To The Tarsacci
July 11, 2020 11:23PM
Outstanding, that Tarsacci really has some secret sauce! I don't even have to try that with my Nox and other detectors to know they'd only see the foil.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 11:24PM by DFinTX.
July 12, 2020 01:19AM
And herein lies the difference between: Evolutionary...…. and REVOLUTIONARY.
July 12, 2020 01:37AM
DFinTX.Yes very very advanced target analysis!!

Tom Yes! Tech has turned or in this case went under.LOL!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 12, 2020 01:52AM
Doing things in a Time-Domain...… is "key". Imposing: Defiance of physics appearance.
I wonder if any of the Time-Domain circuitry of the AQ/Impulse can perform such task.

Keith...…. you certainly are finding out a ton of performance (and secrets) of the Tarsacci. You too...… are revolutionary...…. in your unique tests/discoveries/physics-defiance "video captures".

I am (still) biting my proverbial tongue...…. to the point of profuse bleeding...…..(((and will continue to bite my tongue))) about the performance(s) of the Tarsacci. I absolutely refuse to sound (come across) as a pushy advocate! But...….Keith...…,,,,,,,your videos are absolutely 'revealing'. . . . . and with zero 'pushiness' or bias. Kudos!
July 12, 2020 10:34AM
I wonder then how it would be in a trashy old park still in use full of foil and pulltab type trash?
July 12, 2020 12:36PM
Amazing but try it with a gold ring or better yet a "micro" gold cross. I ignored the upper coin range. When I had mine none of my testing saw any gold go up that high and that is what I bought the Tarsacci for. Old number 23 has still not turned up from being stolen from my truck in Feb. I have mentioned to the clubs in this area a 500 reward if found and name of who has it. "Revenge is dish best served cold" lol. I hate a thief! JR
July 12, 2020 01:23PM
The salinity balance can be used to see small gold through foil as demonstrated in the video, as far as a sheet of foil, not yet.....

[youtu.be]

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 12, 2020 01:52PM
Very interesting. I would like to see that in the wet sand just to see how it effects stability and the ring being at depth. In the dry sand that is a great tip. Thanks for posting video. JR
July 12, 2020 03:30PM
JR-
I’ve made message board on.... [forums.tarsaccisales.com]
For stolen Tarsacci units, you can post your info there, hope you get it back...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 03:32PM by Aaron.
July 12, 2020 03:32PM
Harold...…… for trashy old parks...…. the Tarsacci is spectacular for old silver coins. (In Disc Mode or Mix Mode).
But...…… I still prefer the 50-Tones of the EQX for trashy parks better.
July 12, 2020 04:37PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Harold...…… for trashy old parks...…. the Tarsacci
> is spectacular for old silver coins. (In Disc Mode
> or Mix Mode).
> But...…… I still prefer the 50-Tones of the EQX fo
> r trashy parks better.

Thanks, Tom
July 12, 2020 06:17PM
In Trash think Standard CZ type 3-toneshunt style.

Yet you do have the option on MDT to notch say pulltabs .

Lite foil like Aaron has shown can be removed with salinity if you after small gold Jewelry that reads same as the foil.

You'll probably never encounter whole sheets of aluminum foil.The video was to show what it can do that's really amazing..The way it can KNOW somethings under it and with exactness.I can do it also with a Dime or Penny.If i left the tone on for the foil.That is not notched out it would be mid tone high tone mid tone hit as the aluminum is way bigger than the Coin. The foil is a low conductor but it has a huge radiation pattern.I can hear it way up in the air above it.

The Tarsacci especially on lite metals has the ability to skin back some micron layers of the surface.and if its thin it really helps.

The video is no more than laying a paper napkin on top of it to the Tarsacci.

Where as Aarons Video the Salt can eliminate and not hear and see though the small say chewing gum paper foil etc the Bigger thicker foil I can not eliminate with just Salt .But I can degrade it with salt takes some microns away.Skim off some mass.Ill still hear it and ID it but its less of a nuisance for unmasking.Just like iron.I cant remove it but you can desensitize it some.like making a 16 penny nail seem like a 12 penny nail to the unit.

Tom!
Thank's for the kind words.But all credit goes to Dimitar on this unit..And also Aaron for pushing me to use it when I had doubts!

Were jsut scratching the surface on this Technology.It way advanced.I mean way advanced from what weve had for past 40 years now.Whole new system that gives P.I. punch and P.I. ability but still having Disc ability Like a VLF but also way more advanced.

People have been wanting/hoping for a P.I. (I know I have) that can Discriminate.Well its here!!!It may not be pulsing the transmit but it's pulsing somewhere in the backend.

It doesn't seem to matter how you get the signal into the ground its how you analyze what it hears. Time Domain processing seems to do that.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
July 12, 2020 07:08PM
Some folks may think: I don't exactly encounter 'sheets of foil' on the ground. BUT...….. indeed …. you DO! What do you think Culpeper dirt looks like to a detector. Especially a VLF.

Actually...…. Culpeper looks like sheets of iron to a detector.
July 12, 2020 08:38PM
Whenever I'm on the verge of getting a new machine I always check Keith's tube channel. Tests aside, I especially like the real time field hunts.....very revealing in an area already hunted with other machines.
July 12, 2020 09:14PM
Hey Keith does it have modulated audio like a CZ, deeper is softer? I just wonder as I know the Coinstrike design did not and he designed it.
July 13, 2020 05:50PM
Hey Harold it is Modulated its more like stronger in the first 8 or so inches on say a dime then after that it starts to modulate on down.

when its in the strong area the ID is very accurate especially on base metals once it hits the modulated area the ID may move around some also and these are really worth investigating.

One unique thing on the Tarsacci is small stuff reads low numbers even deep or shallow.not like a VLF does in my soil A vlf in my soil will make a .22 bullet say 4 inches deep sound and read ID wise like a .58 caliber a foot deep.

On Tarsacci a .22 bullet deep still reads same ID as a shallow one.

Also one nice thing about the Tarsacci is tin pieces like golf ball size and up and big iron will hit around 17 but sound huge.and have some tone splattering of iron on the edges.easy give away its iron or tin.a mid conductor reading that large would be rare.Coins and buttons and such have a nice tight round sonar hit.

The audio in video is nothing compared to in headphones it really talks.and once learned I see how much less my other machines talk.

Its a very audio intelligent unit once you get some good headphones on it.Not expensive either.a set of Garretts easy stow will bring sounds to life for 20 bucks.The stock phones are nice and sound good but out of all I've tested the Easy stow bring the audio into its own.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
July 13, 2020 06:01PM
Keith-----What about tin that is smaller than golf ball size.----How does those pieces sound & what # read outs do they give?-----Have you tried the Sunray Pro Golds on this detector?-----Del
July 13, 2020 06:17PM
Thanks, Keith
July 13, 2020 06:42PM
Del, the Pro Golds sound great w Tarsacci, however the Golds have a 1/4 plug (Tarsacci takes 1/8), and I can’t stand using a adapter and couldn’t get myself the modify them. I use Keith’s Garrett’s, but put a 1/8 plug on them. They sound great!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 08:34PM by Aaron.
July 13, 2020 07:11PM
Aaron----Sorry if these two questions have already been asked---but---who are the authorized dealers of the Tarsacci & how long is the warranty on it?---Is the warranty transferable to subsequent owners?----Aaron Wrote:
> Del, the Pro Golds sound great w Tarsacci, however
> the Golds have a 3/4 plug (Tarsacci takes 1/8), an
> d I can’t stand using a adapter and couldn’t get m
> yself the modify them. I use Keith’s Garrett’s, bu
> t put a 1/8 plug on them. They sound great!
July 13, 2020 07:47PM
I thought they had a 1/4" plug? I don't know why some use a 1/8" plug?
Am I missing something?
July 13, 2020 08:34PM
Del, there are 4 Tarsacci dealers. East Bay Detectors, Palm Beach Detectors, Tom and myself. We all agreed to sell the Tarsacci for the same price.
Here is the warranty..... [tarsacci.com]

Harold, the pig tail jack on the Tarsacci is 1/8. Yes, 1/4 would be nice but, nothings perfect.....

Aaron

July 13, 2020 08:55PM
Thanks, Aaron
July 13, 2020 10:23PM
Thanks for that info Aaron.------Del
July 13, 2020 10:25PM
Harold, In regards to the pigtail. If you don’t like the 1/8 jack, it is possible to make a new pigtail w the 5 pin jack & 1/4 female jack. I looked and so far haven’t been able to find one but I’m sure you could have one made.
I’ve talked w Dimitar about it and why he didn’t make the pigtail w a 1/4 jack. His response is the same as it is w all the other suggestions Keith, Tom & I make...“next time”.

Aaron

July 14, 2020 12:38PM
I would love to see a video of it in a deep coin hunting situation.
July 14, 2020 01:48PM
I’m going to start a Tarsacci audio training video series, addressing some of the most commonly asked questions/issues.
Hopefully I’ll run across a really deep coin....

July 14, 2020 01:51PM
That would be cool! I will check it out.
July 14, 2020 04:18PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Harold, In regards to the pigtail. If you don’t li
> ke the 1/8 jack, it is possible to make a new pigt
> ail w the 5 pin jack & 1/4 female jack. I looked a
> nd so far haven’t been able to find one but I’m su
> re you could have one made.
> I’ve talked w Dimitar about it and why he didn’t m
> ake the pigtail w a 1/4 jack. His response is the
> same as it is w all the other suggestions Keith, T
> om & I make...“next time”.
>
> Aaron

Is there a reason why you can't just use a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter? [www.amazon.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 04:32PM by Badger in NH.