Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mothra vs Godzilla?

Posted by NY Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mothra vs Godzilla?
July 11, 2020 08:42PM
Who is (are) going to be the first one(s) to field test live hunt head to head (nothing buried...two guys set off into the sunset...test the signals each finds and call out good/bad)....wet salt sand (most of the market volume is in the wet sand vs in the water)...

Impulse AQ vs Tarsacci....same price right now...

I know the apple to oranges deal BUT....one is claiming top PI depth/stability performance with "some" discriminating ability and one is claiming top VLF discriminating ability with "near" PI depth???

Strictly salt water beach....both are "positioned" as built specifically for that task...

Honestly - how many regular guys can afford both without spousal castration?
Re: Mothra vs Godzilla?
July 11, 2020 08:56PM
The Tarsacci will win the target ID competition.

The AQ will win the depth competition.

They both have their niche on the wet sand.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 09:01PM by Badger in NH.
July 11, 2020 10:03PM
Badger - they need to copulate and have an offspring!!!!
July 12, 2020 10:07AM
I believe depth will be pretty close when the AQ is run in disc.... that may change if the production model has some improvement or the MDT adds that 12" coil, remember the MDT is using an 11" coil currently. The AQ is allegedly one of the deepest PI made to date in AM, so no i dont see the MDT out performing it for pure depth. Who can afford both.... thats a decision to ponder if you have a Nox currently. Personally, i plan on having all three i just see advantages for having each as conditions and time of the year changes things on the beach. Why do most hunters not use a PI currently? Depth and limited or no disc. They just dont want to dig that much.... especially during recent drop times for obvious reasons. The Pros out there likely have both, especially now since the beaches have really been sanded in. I think the MDT has kept it competitive ..... having some depth over the better VLFs and hanging in there with the better PIs. In the salt water...... that where the MDT does it best work IMO. Thats where everything becomes equal for VLFs. They loose both depth and sensitivity especially to smaller gold. Joes done well with the AQ no one can deny that. Its still a bit of a guess thou in the salt water just how much depth a machine may loose. I will say like Joe, id like to see a 9" coil come out for the AQ.