Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tarsacci scores another gold ring.

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tarsacci scores another gold ring.
July 12, 2020 05:50PM
I was able to get back to the lake this morning before the crowd took over. Took me about an hour in the water, to hit the wedding band in knee deep water. I don't recall what it read, but, out of the water it hit at 5, weighs a whopping 3 grams, 14K. It says wedlock on the inside. The inner layer looks to be white gold, with an overlay of yellow on the outside.

The 8000 seems to run smoother with black sand and salt on for some reason, this is a fresh water lake btw. My settings were:

-30 disc
-2 Threshold
7-Sensitivity
Manual GB at 638
12 Khz
Salinity at 28

Re: Tarsacci scores another gold ring.
July 12, 2020 06:01PM
Congrats!
July 12, 2020 06:19PM
Nice!!! Sweet!!

Congrats.

Yep disc accept all and dont overdrive it and it talks!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 12, 2020 06:57PM
Very nice...wtg!
July 12, 2020 07:16PM
Dan..... you're on a roll!!! A gold roll. Congrat's!

I'm still thinking...……..even though you are at a freshwater lake...…… there are still "some" salts in your geographics/topography....…...being in New Mexico. No...…. nothing like Salt Lake City...…… nor the saltwater beaches; yet, still 'some' salt. (((Hence..... the better performance whilst in Salt Mode))).
July 12, 2020 07:56PM
Nice going Dan!

Yes, the Tarsacci runs A LOT smoother in fresh water w salinity and black sand on.
I prefer 18kHz, 43 salinity, -9 threshold, -30 disc, sensitivity usually 7-9
By the looks of all that aluminum I bet there’s more gold where that came from!
Those square tabs have a very jumpy distinctive sound, you’ll be digging less and every time.
Also, with the rusty crown caps, you usually have clues w them. Next time you suspect one, put it in 6.4khz, that usually breaks up the signal and reveals it.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 12, 2020 09:20PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input, I do have a question, when you go into pinpoint, what do the numbers represent? And, what does a higher salinity setting do versus what I was running? I did notice my GB numbers would vary from spot to spot when I would reground balance, anywhere from 601-685.

I pretty much can call a bottle cap most of the time, the numbers jump and the tone is sputtery. I'll dig them anyway just in case. If it beeps, it's coming out smiling smiley
July 13, 2020 02:35AM
The numbers obviously represent intensity of signal, and this is what I’ve found.....
70-60 - 0-2”
50-40 - 3-5“
30-20 - 6-8”
10-0 - 9-?
For some reason, I’m finding these numbers are not the same in water and are a lot different, meaning deeper.
Regarding salinity, I’ve experimented with it from 21 to 43, and still finding small gold like the 2 earrings earlier this week. I had salinity set at 43. As long as you stay between those numbers your good. Also, those are the numbers that you can eliminate foil if try using the salinity balance.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 02:45AM by Aaron.
July 13, 2020 02:59AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The numbers obviously represent intensity of signa
> l, and this is what I’ve found.....
> 70-60 - 0-2”
> 50-40 - 3-5“
> 30-20 - 6-8”
> 10-0 - 9-?
> For some reason, I’m finding these numbers are not
> the same in water and are a lot different, meaning
> deeper.
> Regarding salinity, I’ve experimented with it from
> 21 to 43, and still finding small gold like the 2
> earrings earlier this week. I had salinity set at
> 43. As long as you stay between those numbers your
> good. Also, those are the numbers that you can eli
> minate foil if try using the salinity balance.
>
>
> Aaron

Thank you Aaron, that's what I thought. I may move my salt balance up to 35 and see how that works out.