Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TARSACCI technology

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
TARSACCI technology
July 21, 2020 01:57PM
After nearly 2 years...… the Tarsacci has (finally) launched "heavily". (((Yes..... on a International basis))).
Whilst I pinnacle-euphorically applaud newer/greater technological advancements...as...……….ultimately...………. this is the apotheosis of mankind-advancement...…….,,,,,,,,,,,,,...……... it pains me to 'leave-behind' all of the SMF folks (CDE's). But...….. any time there is a paradigm-shift in technology...….,,,,,,,, this end-resultant is inevitable. For those of whom reside in the continuance of the advancement of SMF (((…..or are just coming on-board with SMF)))…… might (unsuspectingly) be: left behind.

Is the Tarsacci perfect? = No. BUT...…. the "search-engine" base-foundation (it's operating system)…… is certainly the next leap-in-technology. It is requiring new owners of this new technology to: "think differently",,,,,,, "think outside-the-box" ,,,,,,,, "somewhat: --change-- old thought-process" ,,,,,,,, "try different unorthodox methodologies". The longer you have been hunting...….. the longer it may take to unlearn old habits...…. so you can think out-side-the-box. When you 'just-barely-start' to do this...…. unsuspecting (performance) things start to happen; resulting in the epiphany lightbulb coming "ON". Then..... the cascade snowball effect commences.

I'm just REALLY glad that we've been able to keep the cost of the Tarsacci down (about a $1000) below the cost of a CTX-3030.

Yes...… I would like to see improvements on/with the Tarsacci. I would like to see 15-Tones assigned to the 30 non-ferrous conductive target-range of the Tarsacci…….. and in linear/incremental increasing fashion. This would then fully allow the operator to: no longer have to continuously look at the ID faceplate. A larger coil is indeed on-the-way. Then...… a smaller coil will be in-route. Even greater waterproofing (say: 10-feet......for 10-hours)…… would be nice. (Any further waterproofing..... will make the unit into a 'tank').
Customer inputs are invaluable!
cdv
Re: TARSACCI technology
July 21, 2020 02:42PM
Tom, I'm really happy I made the jump to the Tarsacci, I rarely use any other machine now and just have the Equinox and CTX as backups in case...

Personally, 15 Non Ferrous tones over a range of 30 would be (in my opinion) to many to determine what is what with my hearing. Now something like 5 or 6 tones Non Ferrous would work better....again....in my opinion.

Slightly tilt the control pod away from the handle to make seeing the screen easier.

Multi level backlight with the ability to turn it off.

As you mentioned, added waterproofing so I don't have to get out of the water!

Can't wait for that larger coil, however, I had to walk away from some targets today because I haven't learned how to breathe water yet..... I kept missing the targets and the holes got to deep ....

Kudo's to Dimitar and the MDT 8000, it is quite a good machine.

Cliff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 03:44PM by cdv.
July 21, 2020 02:59PM
Cliff...….. do you mean "non-ferrous" tones???

Good report.
July 21, 2020 03:11PM
Tom-really happy to hear about all the improvements planned for the Tarsacci. Large coil for depth small coil for separation, man I would love to run a small coil through some of my sites.

Haven't been hunting much lately due to the heat and fields are full of crops. But some harvesting will start this week and the Tarsacci will be my most used machine. It does take a while for that light bulb to come on but once it does it's hard to use any other machine. The more I play with the settings and combination of modes the more I see the Tarsacci doing some pretty amazing stuff.

Some improvements I would like to see is louder audio and multi tones. Maybe 15 tones would be too much but at least 5 would be nice.
cdv
July 21, 2020 03:41PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cliff...….. do you mean "non-ferrous" tones???
>
> Good report.

Oops......I sure do mean non-ferrous tones!
July 21, 2020 04:18PM
Looking forward to that smaller coil.
July 21, 2020 04:43PM
Yes, I wouldn't purchase that detector without a small coil.---northgeorgiarelics Wrote:
> Looking forward to that smaller coil.
July 21, 2020 05:33PM
Tom where do you see the evolution of the Tarsacci going?

Will there be another generation?

Has there been any tweaks to the existing platform since it's initial delivery?

I really want to try one of these once this Covid-19 mess is behind us and I can more freely travel (without spousal worry) to my relic sites (many are overnighters due to their distance and require a hotel/motel stay). I do heavily suspect that the Tarsacci will open up, at least a couple of these sites with heavy alkali soils, and of course some iron to deal with.
July 21, 2020 05:45PM
I think it will be interesting to see what the machine does depth and sensitivity wise with those coils. My thoughts are strictly selfish.... coil connector in the middle, thinner lower shaft to displace less water especially if you intend on swigging a larger coil, headphones that come with it needs it M8 pointed so the cable crosses over the shaft, take a look at the battery cap, maybe swap out those M8s for a M12 if that’s the water issue, get rid of the speaker, some way make it easier to go from AM to disc. I know it’s not practical but I like a toggle switch/button or a larger button... it’s hard sometimes to find the small button... I rarely use the PP button so a small one would be ok. I’d sure like to be able to use the 12 and 18k in the water. Double spring button on the upper lock to keep even more movement from taking place. Oh did I include the kitchen sink lol
July 21, 2020 06:11PM
Very good write-up Tom!

The Tarsacci is way advanced.This is a huge revolution in detector tech.

Imagine pulse ground performance with discrimination.

It's a very quality built.Just the rod system would be a 500.00 after market option Its high grade carbon not like alot of this carbon you see floating around.

The attention to detail could only come from a individual who takes pride in his work.

Its next generation Tech.This is why I'm pleased with it.And it works and its fun to use and easy to use once it clicks and its fun to make it do things a VLF cant do at times in trash and iron.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 21, 2020 06:34PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Yes, I wouldn't purchase that detector without a s
> mall coil.---northgeorgiarelics Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Looking forward to that smaller coil.

I'm confused (more so than usual): I thought the new coil being planned was *larger* than the stock 9x11", not smaller (?).

Having a smaller coil available might nudge me into buying an MDT... though maybe my desire for a smaller coil is based on VLF-style thinking.

-Ken
July 21, 2020 08:10PM
Small coil would be welcome I assume at some point.

BUT yes you cant think of it in VLF Terms of smaller equals better target isolation.On a Tarsacci it may just be a small gain over stock which is already stellar at target isolation.

I at first wanted a small coil bad then figured out the separation and co-locates the stock was hitting.

Now I'm sort of happy I can hunt deep and separate with one coil.Cruise the woods find a iron site and hunt it with same coil.Deus 9 inch comes to mind.Deus does things in the iron with 9 inch alot of machines cant do with a 5 inch.The tarsacci is alot like that but with less adjusting to make it happen tone break is locked and its very exact in knowing ferrous from non ferrous even when multiple targets are under the coil.The Tarsacci has iron desensitizing on its side.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 21, 2020 10:43PM
Keith Southern Wrote:

> BUT yes you cant think of it in VLF Terms of small
> er equals better target isolation.On a Tarsacci it
> may just be a small gain over stock which is alrea
> dy stellar at target isolation.

Thanks, Keith -- that is really good info.

-Ken
July 21, 2020 11:00PM
The reason I wanted to see a smaller coil was to get into tighter spaces where the stock coil won't fit.
July 21, 2020 11:19PM
Valid point Don, however it’s gonna be awhile, and probably not till next year.
Right now, Dimitar is still working on getting to 12” coil out.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 22, 2020 12:20AM
That settles it for some of us.---We wouldn't need two "larger" coils for that detector.--Aaron Wrote:
> Valid point Don, however it’s gonna be awhile, and
> probably not till next year.
> Right now, Dimitar is still working on getting to
> 12” coil out.
July 22, 2020 03:13AM
Brian...…… Dimitar has SO much up his sleeve …….. that...……….. I'm speechless. He has (at least) two more generations beyond the Tarsacci. Nuff said.

The most recent Tarsacci is still the same as Tarsacci serial #00001 (of which I have). There have been some minor hardware improvements with slightly better sealers. There have been (close to zero) leaks with the Tarsacci; yet, we want a bit better waterproofing. Electronics remain the same.

The 12" coil is expected to make the Tarsacci feel like a new platform. Nuff said.

There will be no software changes to the Tarsacci. It is a solidified electronic platform. More electronically 'rigid' than meets-the-eye. Because of this...……. this is what allows Dimitar to 'focus' energy on the 12" coil...… AND...… the next generation 'beyond'. ((( Which...…. hopefully...…. will not take another 18-years in development. Maybe 4 years. And it will not be called a Tarsacci MDT. )))
July 22, 2020 05:04AM
Hello From France

I already said, but if Dimitar can add a bluetooth module it would be good.

Magus.
July 22, 2020 07:27AM
I know it's been stated that there is no advantage to having a Tarsacci over something else if one mainly hunts in F 75 1-2 and occasional 3 bar dirt. I mainly old coin hunt in the likes of yards, old parks and the like, and just wondering in said kind of dirt if the Tarsacci would at least be equal to say a F 75 or Equinox in depth?

Maybe it's this virus thing, but I have a bad itch right now.

Thanks, HH jim tn
July 22, 2020 11:44AM
Jim...….. in my (less-than) 1-bar Florida dirt...….. the Tarsacci and the F75 LTD (with boost-process) have nearly absolutely the same depth performance on a: low-conductor Nickel...… and also a high-conductor Dime.
((Not sure if this is what you are asking))).
July 22, 2020 06:04PM
Thanks, Tom, that was the info I wanted re-enforced. My 75 is the LTD 2 DST, which, I am able to run most places with DST off. This is my 3rd one, but is not the deepest of the 3. Something to ponder on, I guess. HH jim tn
July 23, 2020 09:50PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Jim...….. in my (less-than) 1-bar Florida dirt...…
> .. the Tarsacci and the F75 LTD (with boost-proces
> s) have nearly absolutely the same depth performan
> ce on a: low-conductor Nickel...… and also a high-
> conductor Dime.
> ((Not sure if this is what you are asking))).

Isn't the iron handling superior on the Tarsacci vs the F75/LTD/LTD2 though?
July 23, 2020 11:38PM
Hi Brian, I highly suspect the Tarsacci is a much better handler of iron. I don't hunt, however, to many iron laden spots, save for a couple. I am not to far away from some 3-4 bar dirt, though. HH jim tn
July 24, 2020 12:02AM
Yes, and it’s A LOT quieter!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 24, 2020 12:42AM
Yes it unmask in iron in a different way than a VLF.

Co-Locates can be differentiated more by purity than just by averaging.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
July 24, 2020 03:04AM
F75 has REALLY fast/good separation.

Tarsacci has:
1. Ability to somewhat 'desensitize' detection of iron
2. Better ID of iron (to also say: less falsing)
3. Visibility (via time-domain delta) of non-ferrous targets that are in collocate with iron. (((This is ----by far---- the largest real-World performance attribute...… of which also allows it to see through bad dirt))).
July 24, 2020 07:40AM
Thanks Tom, Keith, Brian and Aaron for your comments/feedback. HH jim tn
September 27, 2020 05:56PM
When auto ground balancing i would like to hear a tone when the software has locked in the reading (T2 Nokta Style) its hard to see if the numbers have changed or if i have got a ground balance change.
September 28, 2020 01:32AM
sanjuro........ can you see the Ground Balance number readout on the faceplate? Does it change when you Ground Balance the unit? If it does not appear to change......... then I would recommend changing the Ground Balance numbers manually (out-of-tune to the dirt). THEN do a auto Ground Balance....... and see if the numbers return to the old set of numbers.
September 28, 2020 10:03PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> sanjuro........ can you see the Ground Balance num
> ber readout on the faceplate? Does it change when
> you Ground Balance the unit? If it does not appea
> r to change......... then I would recommend changi
> ng the Ground Balance numbers manually (out-of-tun
> e to the dirt). THEN do a auto Ground Balance.....
> .. and see if the numbers return to the old set of
> numbers.

Tom yes i can see the numbers i will give your tip a try the next time it happens