Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold prices

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold prices
July 22, 2020 07:54PM
Wow now remember when gold was $1200..... here we are at $1867. I’ve got a box headed to Midwest refinery. Found money..... and over 60% increase over that $1200 to boot.
Re: Gold prices
July 22, 2020 08:22PM
Payday....well-earned....congratulations!
July 22, 2020 08:24PM
Silver is climbing nicely, too. I accumulate and sell periodically, too. Starting to get tempting. HH jim tn
July 22, 2020 08:47PM
Gold reached an all time high of $1921.41 per oz. on 6 Sept. 2011.-----It is getting close to that now.
July 23, 2020 01:53AM
I about flipped out. I had a couple gold coins I was thinking of selling to try and be able to buy a belly float for river fishing. I was just going to price them for what I had in them from several years ago. I'm glad I looked up current prices before listing them cause if I would have for the prices I had in mind, I would have had a hundred messages instantly with "I'll take em". LOL.
July 23, 2020 03:28AM
If you can hang on for another year, gold should hit close to $3000, silver over $50. ( as per the market experts , who have been correct so far, )
July 23, 2020 10:32AM
Yaaaaa..... those guys.... to me they are marketing either the buying or selling of gold. Im willing to bet we wont see gold at $3000. So say because of inflation or whats happening we might be using gold to pay for bread...... well im not rushing out to stock pile gold just in case. I see no need to sell when its $1200......but at nearly $1900 there is a profit on found stuff. I think i had more regrets when it did get to $1900 and i sold very little....... then bam right back to $1200 or less. As far as silver .....about 1000 grams of stuff i had around in cans went. Cashing in just like any other investment is a crap shot.
July 23, 2020 11:11AM
It's good that people think that gold is heading to 3000 US Dollars, because it makes it easy to sell the metal at current prices, or even up to 2000 Dollars.
The stock market may well suffer another virus-related fall in the coming 6 months, and that fall may well cause a modest increase in the gold price. That would be a price movement to watch for.
July 23, 2020 04:44PM
Absolute..... thats their game entice um to buy no matter the price. Its knocking on the $1900 price currently. Noticed the stock market had a good day yesterday too. Someone had mention things are starting hard to get now..... like printers. Not going to matter much to have cash for gold if you cant get what you want. Know a guy or two willing to buy up some at 90% now. To me..... thats the real gamble at this point not the sell.
July 23, 2020 05:15PM
I hope I am wrong but every time Silver gets over 20.00 a ounce I here 50.00 a ounce like back in 80s when Hunt bros. tried to corner the market but it always peters out in the low 30s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2020 05:16PM by Harold,ILL..
July 23, 2020 05:42PM
Harold----That Hunt bros. "fiasco" was artificial.---At least this time around it has some "rhyme or reason" (substance) to it!-----How well I remember the Hunt brothers 80's----remember well the 70's also & the point when gold was "cut loose".-----If you have some gold (or silver)---hang onto it!----Del---Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope I am wrong but every time Silver gets over
> 20.00 a ounce I here 50.00 a ounce like back in 80
> s when Hunt bros. tried to corner the market but i
> t always peters out in the low 30s.
July 23, 2020 05:55PM
Point is it will not hit 50.00 IMO.
I may be wrong though. But I knew 15 years ago or so forget how long when Gold went down to 300 something a ounce it was time to buy but had no cash. Begged my Dad to invest but he thought I was nuts but I knew it wouldn't get that low again if ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2020 05:56PM by Harold,ILL..
July 23, 2020 09:38PM
I think silver is the real play right now. I've been hoarding silver and gold for years, it's getting tempting to sell now, but I'm going to hold. If silver gets to $30+ that'll be enticing, let's see how things pan out. Last month I offered to sell 66 oz of silver to a buddy for $17/oz and now it's over $22, now I'm glad he didn't buy grinning smiley

In times of chaos there's always opportunity....personally I'm looking for another stock market "correction" and I suspect as Covid-19 plays out, it'll happen. I was laughed at when Covid-19 was taking off that Mexico would get hit hard considering their lack of leadership on the issue, and now it's at #6 and quickly climbing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2020 09:40PM by Cal_cobra.
July 23, 2020 11:12PM
Silver hit 50 in 1980, gold hit about 850. 2011, gold hit 1920, silver again hit $50. 2020, Gold hit around $1890 today, and silver is around $23. Silver has alot of catching up to do, and it will. Silver has been shorted by the bullion banks like crazy, using paper contracts. That is starting to unwind. Silver will get there.

Why is gold so high now? The fed is printing money , like crazy, trying to keep the economy from collapsing. The dollar is also starting to fall ,or lose its value big time. I believe we see $3000 gold next year. My question, is will the price stop at $3000 , or will it keep on going? If hyper inflation sets in , we could see $10,000 gold or more, , $10 gas, beef at $!5 a lb, etc, you get the picture.

Weimar Germany, in the 1920's, You needed a wheelbarrow full of marks for a loaf of bread. Gold was worth billions of marks. Lets hope we don't go there, but thats the way all of our politicians are steering us.

[kingworldnews.com] ..................This is the guy I subscribe to. ..Highly accurate track record. Take a few minutes and listen and give your self an education. He uses momentum driven tools to predict where the metals are going.
He advised his subscribers to get into the mining stocks in Nov 2018. I got in in Dec. , and could not be happier. He will also tell us when to sell, when the party is over. The party is far from over at this point.
These roaring bull markets dont come around every year. Take advantage of them when they do. Happy trading and hunting.
July 23, 2020 11:29PM
Here is another analyst commentary, complete with charts. Alot of these guys have been in the markets for 40-50 years. They know whats cookin.
[silverseek.com]
July 24, 2020 11:35AM
Yes but last time people were saying silver would hit a 100.00 an ounce too so these guys have been wrong. I knew it wouldn't get that high.
July 24, 2020 12:56PM
Ok Harold, i'll listen to you instead. . Can I send you a yearly check for your analysis? LOL. Have a good day Harold.
July 24, 2020 01:34PM
I could be wrong won't be first time it just seems every time it goes up you here it is going to hit 50.00 again and it never does. But these are crazy times so maybe it will? But if I had to pick one I would say no. I guess we should know it a month or so?
July 24, 2020 01:57PM
I wonder what Ole' Cals Crystal ball says?
July 24, 2020 05:14PM
It sez I WANT A TARASACCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:0Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I wonder what Ole' Cals Crystal ball says?
July 24, 2020 05:43PM
Here is another good read from Pierre,

[kingworldnews.com]

Gold a 5 bagger from here? Could happen.
July 27, 2020 03:08AM
Gold broke the high!----I just looked & it's at $1928.50.----Topping the all time high on 6 Sept. 2011 of $1921.41-----Where does it go from here!
July 27, 2020 03:24AM
Gold will go higher in Nov.
Catch my drift.
If certain thing happens.
Buying gold is safer than money in the bank.
If you know what I mean.
July 27, 2020 08:35AM
Gold is going higher from here on out. $4-8 thousand in 2-3 years is realistic. Enjoy the ride.
Load up on silver while its still cheap.
Below is copied from Mike Olivers MSA report, one of the Gurus I subscribe to , who has been deadly accurate in his analysis.

" Larger picture (for remainder of this year) is likely to see gold up in the $2700-$2900 zone. Beyond that
— MSA does not currently project. Why not? Because the global market and government dynamics are
on edge for historic turbulence. All during which gold will ascend as an asset of stability."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2020 12:47PM by possum mo.
July 27, 2020 09:48AM
$1941.... wow. Boy its going to be the halt on jewelry sales...... get ready to pick up more and more of those gold plated SS and TI rings at the beach from China. I seen my first hard plastic wedding ring the other day....new thing.
July 27, 2020 12:26PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Gold is going higher from here on out. $4-8 thous
> and in 2-3 years is realistic. Enjoy the ride.

eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley
August 08, 2020 04:47PM
My Guru, Mike Oliver, update... Price targets by end of year. Gold...$2700-$2900 ......., Silver pushing $40.
If you are looking for cheap silver, try the local antique shops. I hit one shop, and they had their silver coins at the same prices they were a few months back.
Guess who bought a bunch? At $40 per oz, there are 5 quarters per oz, which would make them worth $8 each, and dimes, there are 14 in an oz....worth 2.85 each.

In a raging bull market such as we are seeing now, this will end in a blow off move straight up. The blow off in 2011 gold went up for 3 months straight. Topped at 1920.
Remember bitcoin? topped at 20,000. We could have the blow off move as early as next year, but no one really knows.

The Us mint has limited production of gold and silver eagles, for the next 12-18 months due to covid. ( I think they are really having a hard time getting enough metal)
Silver eagles are selling for almost $10 over the spot price now, at close to $40 each. My personal opinion is they may be selling for $150-200 each next year.

Have a great weekend.
August 08, 2020 04:58PM
I thought Silver would be at 50.00 by now?
LOL!
August 08, 2020 06:16PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I thought Silver would be at 50.00 by now?
> LOL!

Over $28 and counting...we shall see where this goes.
August 09, 2020 04:49AM
Harold, he who laughs last, laughs best! smileys with beer