Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 LTD normal parameter info w/ U.S. dime

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 LTD normal parameter info w/ U.S. dime
July 15, 2011 10:54PM
I just read a post by TerraDigger where he said he talked to John Gardiner of First Texas and that John gave him the "normal parameter info" using a U.S. dime when air testing for depth.
He failed to mention what the normal parameter was. Does anyone know the depth that the T2 LTD should air test a dime when functioning properly? Seems like I might have read that it was 12 inches for the F75 LTD. But I'm not sure about the T2 LTD. I appreciate any help you can offer. Kevin
Kevin......Re: T2 LTD normal parameter info w/ U.S. dime
July 15, 2011 11:03PM
I wish I could remember.......but I don't. A quick call to First Texas 1-800-413-4131 could get your question answered. My T2 is the standard version, not the LTD. Just tell them that you are testing your unit to ensure it is working within normal parameters. Also ask them to give you the sens, disc and mode settings that they use for testing a particular coin. That way your machine is set up exactly the same for testing purposes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 11:25PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Kevin......Re: T2 LTD normal parameter info w/ U.S. dime
July 15, 2011 11:32PM
Okay, thanks TerraDigger. I'll give them a call Monday.
July 16, 2011 02:46PM
Although the VDI is quite jumpy............my T2 (standard model) will just barely detect a 10" deep dime (in Florida dirt). This is with optimal settings.
July 16, 2011 06:20PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although the VDI is quite jumpy............my T2
> (standard model) will just barely detect a 10"
> deep dime (in Florida dirt). This is with optimal
> settings.
Thank you Tom. I ordered your inland instructional DVD a couple of months ago and I was really helped by it!!!! It opened my eyes to alot that I was doing wrong, and made me a more efficient detectorist. I'd been meaning to mention this to you and will take this opportunity to do so.
July 17, 2011 01:23PM
Glad it helped Kevin. Thanks for the feedback.
Re: T2 LTD normal parameter info w/ U.S. dime
July 18, 2011 03:07PM
tom
Although the VDI is quite jumpy............my T2 (standard model) will just barely detect a 10" deep dime (in Florida dirt). This is with optimal settings.

Tom, if the CZ3D will get over 11", what's the allure of the LTD's? Is the CZ that slow at recovery?
Re: T2 LTD normal parameter info w/ U.S. dime
July 19, 2011 12:44AM
Yes. And all of your answers (and more) can be found in the three threads titled:

COMPILATION #1
COMPILATION #2
Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD Prototype