Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another Equionox vs Tarsacci video

Posted by 67GTA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another Equionox vs Tarsacci video
July 29, 2020 12:17PM
Seems to have a slight Tarsacci bias. If he had put his "trusty" Equinox in 2 tone mode it would have easily matched the Tarsacci. Didn't spend much time trying to improve the Equinox signal.
https://youtu.be/nj4RTrunO7U]https://youtu.be/nj4RTrunO7U[/url]
Re: Another Equionox vs Tarsacci video
July 29, 2020 12:24PM
Just like Ole' Cal and the mighty Nox.
July 29, 2020 12:34PM
OH, ya. This is the guy that just got the MDT. Wonder if he has the new update on the Nox? Would of been nice to see him do the GB!!!!!
July 29, 2020 12:49PM
Obviously... you can mess around on a found target all day and possibly get an advantage for one machine or another second guessing the tester. When I’m testing I try to use the settings I plan to hunt with and that I’ve already made my adjustments. My not be your settings but then you need to consider my conditions. Experience may well come into play on both machines. You can beat this machine up all ya want .... but near or in salt water the MDT has better depth than the Nox.... and yes I have the program.
July 29, 2020 03:10PM
Actually...…. I think the video is quite good...… and in several regards:

1. Perfect example of machine-gun audio fire (common) ground conditions. EQX and Tarsacci are terribly noisy ….. at these typical hunting sites. Both brands can be set up to be much quieter in such conditions; yet, for the video capture...…. it was perfectly TELLING.
2. Tarsacci sounds excessively difficult to comprehend (in this video...… in these conditions)…… when "MIXED" Mode is utilized. (I would not recommend MIXED Mode for any novice detectorist).
3. My desktop computer speakers (and laptop computer speakers) make the Tarsacci sound terrible.
4. Minelab faired fairly well in these conditions. Iron 'falses' on the EQX were not that much more than the Tarsacci.
5. If coke..... or fertilizer...…. or mineralization (or any combination thereof)……. were added into the equation. , . , . , . , . the end-resultant changes...…. dramatically.
6. Dave H. did a very good video 'capture'.
7. I 'feel' (and am guessing) the Sens setting on the EQX was around 18.
8. Disc Mode on the Tarsacci is stupendously more intelligible...… and substantially less fatiguing. . . . . as compared to MIXED Mode.
July 29, 2020 03:30PM
Neither of those detectors would be my first choice for that type of detecting (plough, stubble, rolled etc), but the Nox and MDT are quite similar in results in this test in my eyes.
July 29, 2020 03:49PM
Agree. I would probably select the XP GMP (or Deus) for this type of hunting...…. unless coke or mineralization entered into the equation.
July 29, 2020 04:24PM
Tom, sure the Nox sees through 90% of coke in field 1 without notching it out, it also gives a much more accurate audio/ID number. In Aarons cut 1/4 with the coke above it, the Tarsacci was upscaling it into the 20's, when i tried the same test the Nox shifted 1 ID point.
I suppose you have to balance up what you prefer, more accurate multi tone audio from the Nox, or beep and dig from the Tarsacci?

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agree. I would probably select the XP GMP (or Deus
> ) for this type of hunting...…. unless coke or min
> eralization entered into the equation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2020 04:27PM by ghound.
July 29, 2020 04:55PM
Good Video..!

Man that dudes got a voice like a radio announcer.

Only thing I would do is to add more salinity.in machine gun iron the salinity higher like in the mid 40s really helps to clean up signals that are being blippity at certain angles.And use 18khz its slightly better in reactivity.

Good for Dave hes taken quickly to the Tarsacci.It took me awhile to accustom to the audio.That was my biggest draw back pinging from sonar hits.But there different.and after you set it right the pinging is gone or really depressed.But now I find it more talkative than a lot of other units.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla